Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Rubbish the manager amplifies the players performance, this is exactly how we are performing.

Being saying the performances were poor since last year, those who stick up for him are still waning the same excuses.

So fitness was an issue last season according to Pardew despite only getting to 4th round of both cups.  Something seriously wrong with our training and fitness regime imo.

What Alan seems to be forgetting is that we only played 2 domestic cup matches.

Spot the odd one out:

http://i.imgur.com/tKZsirb.png

Skeletor, respect on the effort of gathering all those quotes, but what was the point?

That he uses the same excuses time and time again when we lose and doesn't fix any of the problems (note the problems are a recurring part of the quotes). He's a negative man who never once takes the blame for any thing.

did he take the blame last year when spurs routed us?  i seem to remember it being a mix of him getting it wrong and the fans demanding a change or something :lol:

the only time i recall him admitting his part in things

Someone needs to blog all those excuses in one article and tweet them.

you could do the same for any manager, they all look for excuses and reach for the easiest available one, fergie's one is often moaning about the amount of injury time or some other blast at the officials, Wenger loves picking on officials or oppositions style of play, go through any managers post loss soundbites and you will rarely find an admission he got it wrong

Guest neesy111

Someone needs to blog all those excuses in one article and tweet them.

you could do the same for any manager, they all look for excuses and reach for the easiest available one, fergie's one is often moaning about the amount of injury time or some other blast at the officials, Wenger loves picking on officials or oppositions style of play, go through any managers post loss soundbites and you will rarely find an admission he got it wrong

It''s the sheer variety of them by Pardew which sets him apart.

It's a lot easier to get away with excuses when you lose once in a blue moon. Fergie loses, what, five times a season? Pardew is well into the twenties now and he's had some excuse every time.

I'm reading a lot of people on here wanting rid of AP ASAP... Not reading many alternatives suggested at the same time when really it should be a prerequisite...

Personally think he gets one more season and hope we have better luck on the injury front and also buy a 2nd striker (PEA) and maybe a 3rd striker from lower leagues looking to prove himself... Without losing anyone...

I'm reading a lot of people on here wanting rid of AP ASAP... Not reading many alternatives suggested at the same time when really it should be a prerequisite...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93490.0.html

The first few names mentioned were Alex Ferguson Arsene Wenger and Lee Ryder... Thanks for proving my point for me...

Well if you don't want to read the 33 pages or look at the poll that's up to you :lol: Just don't complain people aren't putting realistic names forward when they are.

The first few names mentioned were Alex Ferguson Arsene Wenger and Lee Ryder... Thanks for proving my point for me...

Posted by Oakie. :lol:

Well if you don't want to read the 33 pages or look at the poll that's up to you :lol: Just don't complain people aren't putting realistic names forward when they are.

Curbishley, Keegan and Nobby are the only 3 that could start work tomorrow if sacked Pardew now. Not sure I'd fancy any of those nor would I imagine clubs will be in a hurry to bin their current managers given the time of the season it currently is.

Checked the pole out... So its between keeping AP... David Moyes... Roberto Martinez... :lol: Just shows there doesn't seem to be a lot out there...

Out of interest who do you want and why?...

Checked the pole out... So its between keeping AP... David Moyes... Roberto Martinez... :lol: Just shows there doesn't seem to be a lot out there...

Out of interest who do you want and why?...

You must have missed Montanier who's got a lot of votes there too. There's plenty out there.

My choices personally: Martinez, Montanier, Jol and I've even warmed to the idea of Poyet over time. Simple reason they'll all bring attacking football with an emphasis on width and possession and all have a positive approach which rubs off on their teams.

If we had any ambition or if our board valued the importance of having a good manager we'd throw money at Swansea to get Laudrup.

Guest icemanblue

Well, Wiki wasn't exactly helpful with Mr Montanier. Can anyone enlighten me to why he's so highly rated? My assumption at the moment is 'plays nice football', and 'is French'.

Well, Wiki wasn't exactly helpful with Mr Montanier. Can anyone enlighten me to why he's so highly rated? My assumption at the moment is 'plays nice football', and 'is French'.

Because apart from those things he has Sociedad on the verge of Champions League qualification on a shoe string budget.

Guest neesy111

Because apart from those things he has Sociedad on the verge of Champions League qualification on a shoe string budget.

Similar to Pardew last season then......

Similar to Pardew last season then......

There was little attractive football last season. As many people pointed out our approach wasn't sustainable and this season proved it.