Alan Pardew

Dave

going to have to disagree quite a bit with mick. last season, for all many of us thought we could be getting better from what we had, from the managers point of view he was getting results and i can easily understand that. bringing cisse in and his introduction (remember forced on him really by bests injury) worked from the start allowed pardew due to being in a comfortable position to go s*** or bust. so i'm not going to have a go at him for last season.

this season is different and i will blame him a bit but not to the extent of calling him an idiot, with so many changes being forced on him through injury, suspension and loss of form , the latter which may or may not be down to his tactics, and you can just about understand, even if you don't agree, with why he'd retreat into solidity.

one more thing, if you are hanging so much on marveaux playing in a midfield 3 then I'd say you've already made up your mind as a)it won't happen, b)he's shown little enough to be included in his preferred positions let alone in an all action middle 3 (i'd rather a 4 with ben arfa left and obertan or marveaux right than marveaux in the middle).

Guest Dontooner

At this point, its not too difficult to change the rhythm of our current plight, we just have to change the defensive first mentality. Let the players attack and move out of their positions to more advance positions, it might mean a more open game but doesnt necessarily mean it is a automatic forfeit.

Its only when we allow our team to go on the offensive, we could start discussing the strategies and tactics to open up the oppositions.

However at this moment, we are a team that straps down  our players and they are not allowed to express themselves. We are a full team defending but a quarter of a team going forward.

The constant complains that we rely on individual brilliance is directly associated  with the ratio of priorities mentioned above, as it does look like we tend to score but with very straight or direct strategies.

Just ask ourselves a couple questions, Do you think we are the most defensive minded team in the League ?

-Personally, i have watched all teams this season and can comfortably say we are the most defensive team in the league at the moment.

What type of (Offensive/Defensive) football is better suited to the current team of players ?

-I would think we have attacking players to actually hurt teams and keep the opposition worrying.

These players we bought are obviously more suited in roles to attack and not spend most of their games defending and protecting.

-The right sided defensive players are probably the weakest link in our team but we still allow them to distribute the play  from the back with long balls, which just means we do not want to take too much risk going forward therefore the tactics. The gap of the midfielders and forwards are ridiculous to watch at times..

1)The simple summary is that we need to take more Risk.

2)The second problem if and ever Pardew allows the "Risk":

Is how do we effectively and efficiently use the "Risk" to convert into real chances. We are still at part 1) so there is no need to discuss about part 2.

hope the bad results force him to abandon his safety first approach to games, plan a has started failing badly so he's got three options really (1) keep it same and hope something changes (2) get the team back to his basics, tighten up the defence then hope the goals follow (3) change the approach and look to be more attacking and expansive

problem with (3) is he'd be very, very lucky if it clicks in right away and he'll know that therefore i don't think he'll do it...he'd have to be willing to accept some defeats in order to change the style of play and if he was going to do that he'd surely have implemented it over the summer

hope the bad results force him to abandon his safety first approach to games, plan a has started failing badly so he's got three options really (1) keep it same and hope something changes (2) get the team back to his basics, tighten up the defence then hope the goals follow (3) change the approach and look to be more attacking and expansive

problem with (3) is he'd be very, very lucky if it clicks in right away and he'll know that therefore i don't think he'll do it...he'd have to be willing to accept some defeats in order to change the style of play and if he was going to do that he'd surely have implemented it over the summer

Aye he's not going to change the style of play, particularly when we're missing a few first team players, Pardew's all about negating weak points rather than emphasising strong points. It started with playing Jonas in front of Raylor as a second full back and it's continued from there.

At this point, its not too difficult to change the rhythm of our current plight, we just have to change the defensive first mentality. Let the players attack and move out of their positions to more advance positions, it might mean a more open game but doesnt necessarily mean it is a automatic forfeit.

Its only when we allow our team to go on the offensive, we could start discussing the strategies and tactics to open up the oppositions.

However at this moment, we are a team that straps down  our players and they are not allowed to express themselves. We are a full team defending but a quarter of a team going forward.

The constant complains that we rely on individual brilliance is directly associated  with the ratio of priorities mentioned above, as it does look like we tend to score but with very straight or direct strategies.

Just ask ourselves a couple questions, Do you think we are the most defensive minded team in the League ?

-Personally, i have watched all teams this season and can comfortably say we are the most defensive team in the league at the moment.

What type of (Offensive/Defensive) football is better suited to the current team of players ?

-I would think we have attacking players to actually hurt teams and keep the opposition worrying.

These players we bought are obviously more suited in roles to attack and not spend most of their games defending and protecting.

-The right sided defensive players are probably the weakest link in our team but we still allow them to distribute the play  from the back with long balls, which just means we do not want to take too much risk going forward therefore the tactics. The gap of the midfielders and forwards are ridiculous to watch at times..

1)The simple summary is that we need to take more Risk.

2)The second problem if and ever Pardew allows the "Risk":

Is how do we effectively and efficiently use the "Risk" to convert into real chances. We are still at part 1) so there is no need to discuss about part 2.

The only player I see playing with any kind of freedom is Hatem and he still has to track back and knacker himself in our own half. :lol:

Lost faith in him tbh.

Wasn't this his exact shtick at his previous clubs? Do well for a while, then the wheels completely come off on his second year?

Not gonna start calling for his head or anything, deserves a chance to turn it around. I don't think he will though.

Lost faith in him tbh.

Wasn't this his exact shtick at his previous clubs? Do well for a while, then the wheels completely come off on his second year?

Not gonna start calling for his head or anything, deserves a chance to turn it around. I don't think he will though.

Was the same at West Ham?

8th Finish and an FA Cup final, then he guides them to their worse ever start in the top flight.