Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

The Boat has already started rocking, when some of our better players leave aka Ben arfa ,Cabaye,Ba.etc

Reality will start to set in for most of the fans.

Simple really, good players want to play with good managers. You can't really save a sinking boat when there is momentum with key players asking to leave. Either get a better manager where the players feel excited to play for or let the players go as we have a long term plan just to remain in the league.

Quite obvious what the Owners think, so be ready to loose our top performing players.

Guest malandro

The Boat has already started rocking, when some of our better players leave aka Ben arfa ,Cabaye,Ba.etc

Simple really, good players want to play with good managers. You can't really save a sinking boat when there is momentum with key players asking to leave. Either get a better manager where the players feel excited to play for or let the players go as we have a long term plan just to remain in the league.

Quite obvious what the Owners think, so be ready to loose our top performing players.

Ba excluded, our top players are all on long contracts and the club won't sell unless they get offered top whack, and then they'll hold out for more. If we end up forcing players to stay at SJP real trouble beckons.

Ben Arfa, Colo and Ba have been our only consistent good performances so far this season.

Santon as well.

I'll raise you Shola, tbf he's hardly put a foot wrong in the bits and pieces he's played in but we need 9/10 players performing to their best not 4 or 5 and therin lies Pardew's problem.

Guest Dontooner

Still think all of this could've been avoided with more investment in the summer (and I'm not talking silly money).

i tend to disagree, it might have help us become a more balance team, but the drying up of goals were certainly round the corner.. we have no style of routines to open teams up.

Less variations of attacking models = less goals . 

There is absolutely no doubt  this barren spell was coming.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/19/pardew-papiss-cisse-withdrawal-hit-players-hard-72703-32259569/

“You can bet your life our players would have been thinking if we had had Papiss we might have won. We can never answer that question.”

“You take Suarez out of Liverpool or Torres out of Chelsea it would be tough to take.”

“A lot of our experienced players were not available and we had a real good go at it. We would not let Swansea play.”

Bit of the same as mentioned before, but :anguish:

Imagine someone on here saying those things? They'd get laughed out of town for coming across as being someone without basic knowledge of Cisse's form, our form, Torres's form and the actual result.

This isn't someone on here, though. This is the person leading us ffs. There's keeping up appearances and giving players confidence through the press, but that's just embarrassing.

Guest malandro

Ben Arfa, Colo and Ba have been our only consistent good performances so far this season.

Santon as well.

Agreed. :thup: He's looked very impressive.

Flatters to deceive, there's rarely any end product. Looks better than he is due to having Simpson on the other side. OK player but like a few of our purples I think we have a slightly skewed view of how good they are.

Tin hat time.

Guest malandro

Even if Cisse is out of form he's still dangerous - only the Torres bit is ridiculous really.

You think the comparison with Suarez is alright? In this form? It's utter bollocks, man.

It is and talking blx doesn't instil confidence in the players.

man for man we had the better side, regardless of who was playing.

and the fact that we were at home leaves ZERO excuse.

I would say however, the players are as much to blame as pardew. Our defence has been in very poor form.

Even if Cisse is out of form he's still dangerous - only the Torres bit is ridiculous really.

You think the comparison with Suarez is alright? In this form? It's utter bollocks, man.

It is and talking blx doesn't instil confidence in the players.

Their form isn't comparable obviously, but his point was that they are both the main strikers for their teams.

This is the thing though, the players seem to really like Pardew, with a lot of our better players having the chance to move on in the summer. We all know how that ball rolls, see Carroll and Ben Arfa if players really want it their own way.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/19/no-system-failure-as-pardew-urges-nufc-to-dig-deep-72703-32259566/

However, Pardew told the Chronicle: “We played 4-3-3. We were 4-3-3, Sammy was on the left-hand side and joining with Demba and I thought he did a good job.

“Shola came on at half-time and upped us again.

“We had our best spell when the two were together.”

“We need more senior players available.

“That was a good Swansea side with good experience in it.

“They had a bit more about experience than us at certain times in the game.

“The decision over Papiss was a blow to us, you cannot take that away.”

Pardew also insisted he will keep the defeat in context.

He said: “I cannot say I am massively disappointed – I was after West Ham.

“I had a young team out on Saturday, but up until they scored, we bossed the game and looked like winning.”