Alan Pardew

Dave

Just want to say that he can f*** OFF.

Can´t believe that after all this people is still playing the "give him the time" card :lol: The small squad is something Ashley has to take the most of the blame, but that we are playing like this because of injuries and a small squad :lol: We didn´t play better when everyone was available.

Still can´t believe that people is laughing at the comparison of him and our other so called "managers", I said that month ago. What exactly is Pardew doing better?

I wouldn´t be happy. But he could at least admit that he is a bad manager that can´t teach a team to play offensive, that he likes to play it long and sit back, and that Ashley won´t give him any money. The truth should feel so much better than this lying show.

I can´t even get angry anymore when we won´t win. Because it´s so obvious and it has gone so far that I just can´t feel anything :( I´m worried. I´m worried that we will get relegated again :undecided:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/computer-close-hulk.gif

I still think he has bought himself time with last seasons finish of 5th.

Not sure if our football will improve, or depends on what your definition of football is.

We wont go down, we'll bobble aout picking up points and will be safe...

IF he carries on like this and we are dropping more home points then I think the sword will fall, as much as Pardew is their man, they are a pair of ruthless buggers.

He's just been given an 8 year deal. The club want stability and I'm absolutely certain that unless there's a genuine threat of relegation he'll remain in post and rightly so. Chopping and changing managers has never been conducive to good results, particularly at NUFC.

The worst thing Pardew could've done was finish fifth last season. People seem to have forgotten we were a Championship side three years ago.

...and we were a Premiership side, qualifying for Europe and finishing in the Top 5 several times for 16 years before that...

People keep forgetting that, too.....

Thought it was interesting when he said that some of the players who came in last night didn't really do enough to stake a claim.I reckon he was definitely referring to Marveaux. Maybe Sammy and Vurnon too.

Poor players. Nobody would look good in that mess.

Seem to be the first time (that i can remember) that he came close to pointing the finger in public though.

Strap yourselves in.............things are about to get a lot worse before they get better.

Utimately our views are completely irrelevant to Ashley and you've got to think him and AP must have a very strong relationship for MA to provide 8 years worth of security to AP and his coaching team.

Whether we like it or not, we've got to hope that the penny drops with Pardew/his coaches in respect of setting the team up and we see a gradual improvement in performances which buy the guy time.

I'm no fan but his performance last year has to buy him some time and, if we're talking 8 long years, then we have to accept that MA/DL are prepared for the up and down seasons.

Thought it was interesting when he said that some of the players who came in last night didn't really do enough to stake a claim.I reckon he was definitely referring to Marveaux. Maybe Sammy and Vurnon too.

Might be wrong, but didn't he say something like "players that have played in the competition previously and done well.  Didn't do so well tonight?"

I thought he was referring to Bigi and Sammy mainly, as they were both crap and have done well in the Europa so far.  Marv was hit and miss granted, but he scored and was our only attacking threat second half.  Doesn't say a lot admittedly.

Who knows?  Probably just more hot air to deflect the heat off him.

Might be wrong, but didn't he say something like "players that have played in the competition previously and done well.  Didn't do so well tonight?"

I thought he was referring to Bigi and Sammy mainly, as they were both crap and have done well in the Europa so far.  Marv was hit and miss granted, but he scored and was our only attacking threat second half.  Doesn't say a lot admittedly.

Aye, you might be right. I was fighting the baby at the time so he didn't have my full attention!

Guest malandro

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with s**** performances all season.

Not the point I'm trying to make. Our rise from that position has been pretty meteoric and we need a little perspective when we go on a poor run of form rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. All of this is has been brought about because we've lost two games on the spin and drew against a European side little of us know about but think we still should be beating anyway. In the context of what we've sat through in previous years this shouldn't really register.

I understand and agree with concerns over performances and tactics but all this chatter of sacking the manager is simply bizarre and reminds me that there is a section of our fanbase who do their utmost to justify the media's obsession with deluded Geordies.

Fair points but it cuts both ways. There was no sense of perspective last season. Not from large swathes of the support, the club or the local media. Anyone who questioned the performances, tactics, transfer policy was swamped with calls to look at the table.

We played good passing football in a handful of games last season. Most the time we got the first goal in tight games and then played on the break. All the players were on top form and we picked up an abnormally low amount of injuries. We made the most of random factors that went our way, and for that AP deserves credit.

If Pardew had any sense he would have tried to temper expectations, recognised that our league position wasn't an accurate reflection of the clubs rehabilitation post relegation. What he did was lap up the plaudits, talked up the idea he had created a freeflowing passing team and banged on about challenging for the the top four this season. He's made a rod for his own back and I have no sympathy now his chickens are coming home to roost.

He might turn things around a bit but my suspicion is we are finding out why he's spent most his career getting sacked at small time clubs. That he is all style and no substance.

Aye, you might be right. I was fighting the baby at the time so he didn't have my full attention!

:lol: Who won?

:lol: Who won?

I won the battle but i have no doubt she'll win the war!

Injury problems are a smokescreen. We don't have any more then anyone else and we've been this awful all season anyway.

What are these injury problems that are making Krul kick the ball back to the opposition every time he gets it? Is it injury that's making everyone stand still and watch whoever has the ball?

There's serious issues with the coaching and management of the team and it's blindingly obvious.

Absolute nonsense.

Wullie really lets himself down in this thread. We've got no strength in depth and and players missing in every position.

If we have no strength in depth and are struggling to play two games a week, why did Pardew play so many first team players yesterday against poor opposition? Then the spastic was whining about losing Ben Arfa and Cisse as a result. Does that make any sense to you?

Injury problems are a smokescreen. We don't have any more then anyone else and we've been this awful all season anyway.

What are these injury problems that are making Krul kick the ball back to the opposition every time he gets it? Is it injury that's making everyone stand still and watch whoever has the ball?

There's serious issues with the coaching and management of the team and it's blindingly obvious.

Absolute nonsense.

Wullie really lets himself down in this thread. We've got no strength in depth and and players missing in every position.

If we have no strength in depth and are struggling to play two games a week, why did Pardew play so many first team players yesterday against poor opposition? Then the spastic was whining about losing Ben Arfa and Cisse as a result. Does that make any sense to you?

I think he's trying to get a bit of fluency back in the side. Reckon we would have won too if those two had stayed on.

Absolute nonsense.

I think he's trying to get a bit of fluency back in the side. Reckon we would have won too if those two had stayed on.

The most fluency we've had in the side all season was when the reserves have been playing the Euro games.

Absolute nonsense.

No. It was a daft thing to do. Doesn't change the fact we've got a rubbish squad that's been exposed.

Absolute nonsense.

No. It was a daft thing to do. Doesn't change the fact we've got a rubbish squad that's been exposed.

It's not a rubbish squad at all, we paid £3m for Pards golden boy Obertan who can't even get in the team.

I'm getting sick and tired of this injuries excuse.....

We have not played well since we tonked Stoke in April getting the players back won't change much.

We are missing basic fundamentals, suffering due to poor coaching and being tactically crap and overly negative.

The injuries have f*ck all to do with it.

I honestly haven't a clue how he's going to turn things around at the moment, especially with the growing injury list and the constant shitness of certain important players, namely Cisse.

It's all in the attacking. The defence, for all the work he's allegedly put into it, is starting to falter because we're so shit going forward. Last night was just the same. Different match, same lack of gameplan going forward. And it put us under pressure.

Discussions about formation, etc, are now almost completely redundant. Because literally EVERYTHING is wrong with the way we're playing at the moment. Mentality, structure, balance, tactics, general playing ability. This season absolutely stinks. It harks back to the lack of investment in the summer, but that was only the start of the problems - our shitness hasn't been a direct result of that. The board, manager and the players have joined together in not being good enough.

We're in the ratters atm. I can't see us finishing in the top half at this rate. The only thing i can point to is perhaps some morale-boosting signings in January that can give us a bit of a buzz.

Give over. Sammy Ameobi's starting games, man. The squad outside the first team has shocking quality defensively and going forward.

I thought Sammy was one of our better players last night. I don't see anything wrong with him starting a game against shite Euro opposition tbh, especially when Pardew's been moaning about squad depth.

You could just as easily say if HBA hadn't played then we would have lost.  He created the goal and no bugger else was doing anything.

He played a simple ball to Marveaux who then did all the work.

Good job you got your wish though, eh?  :whistle:

You could just as easily say if HBA hadn't played then we would have lost.  He created the goal and no bugger else was doing anything.

I wonder how we won those previous games in this competition without HBA? It must have been an emergency win at all costs game to have started him last night.

Yeah, it is, he helped us qualify.

I wonder how we won those previous games in this competition without HBA? It must have been an emergency win at all costs game to have started him last night.

Both of them?  Two wins and three draws.  Against Maritimo, Brugge and Bordeaux.  Woooooo.  As far as 'win at all costs', i'd prefer to top the group and have a better chance of avoiding the CL dropouts and the better teams in the competition thanks.

Yeah, it is, he helped us qualify.

Both of them?  Two wins and three draws.  Against Maritimo, Brugge and Bordeaux.  Woooooo.  As far as 'win at all costs', i'd prefer to top the group and have a better chance of avoiding the CL dropouts and the better teams in the competition thanks.

We almost lost against Maritimo at home :lol: Avoiding CL teams makes no difference at all.