Alan Pardew

Dave

Those saying we should go for Martinez, can you honestly see Ashley stumping up compensation to Whelan? :lol:

Not a hope in hell of us paying Pardew 7.5 years compensation, then buying Wigan's manager. Not a chance.

Guest SholasDad

Those saying we should go for Martinez, can you honestly see Ashley stumping up compensation to Whelan? :lol:

Maybe, if Martinez is what is keeping wigan up I imagine that Ashley would love nothing more than to send them down.

He stumbled into a formation/solution last year that worked but changed it.

I reckon his contract is full of targets and i reckon it will give the club a release clause if he fails to achieve top 10. Since the new contract everything has been negative and setup to not lose. Our attacking players receive the ball facing our own goal as they are told to protect the shape and the guys passing wont kick into space so that they wont lose the ball. I cant see anything positive and thats the major concern regarding his position.

Guest firetotheworks

Blatantly took Anita off for almost scoring and getting forward trying to make things happen. Morose, negative fuck.

Hughton was sacked for less than this, incredible if the board back him after this run. Next game should seal his fate if I thought the board had any interest in keeping our best players.

Only qpr are worse than us right now, and they've made their change and a good one at that. You also know they'll invest heavily in the winter window whereas we will make a lot of noise and then sell someone.

Season was over weeks ago, last seasons flukes aren't happening and the true quality of the manager is coming through. There's a good core here, totally wasted by an inept manager and squad not added to sufficiently enough by a board more concerned with profits over performance.

Change the manager, don't change him, it'll make very little difference because we won't attract much better unless we take a punt on someone starting their career and basically fluke it, like every Ashley win in life and business.

Bang on.

How bad can our performances get? each one is worse than the last. We have only played 1 of the usual top 4 away from home and yet were already this far deep in the shit. Meaning even if we pick up some decent form later in the season points are going to be far more difficult to achieve.

Anita having the best game of his time here, looking threatening and he takes him off. Clueless.

I was utterly baffled. He looked like he was trying to make something happen and was having reasonable success.

Beren was one of a number of posters who questioned Pardew's football ethos, even when things were going well.

So was I but the retort was "blame pards", people couldn't see past results.

Yep. HTT too, and he got some stick for it but was right all along.

Guest bimpy474

Fully expecting a condescending statement from the club soon that he's got the full backing and mentioning Arsenal/Everton/Man U saying that they haven't sacked their manager after a bad run.

At no stage were playing like us. They can shove that statement up Pardew's arse (if it comes like) :lol: