Alan Pardew

Dave

Yeah, who knew when we were finishing 5th that it'd end up like this? :lol: The last thing you can do is blame people who were happy that we were winning ffs.

I'm not sure anybody has claimed to know how badly things would go this season.

Beren was one of a number of posters who questioned Pardew's football ethos, even when things were going well.

So was I but the retort was "blame pards", people couldn't see past results.

He has clear strengths as a defensive coach, you cant ignore us breaking records last season with the standard of players he was using. Thats not coincidence. His ability as an attacking coach has been in doubt though yeah & that now looks a proven issue especially if individual players get injured or lose the form to cover that up. The lack of group cohesion then stands out massively ofc.

Yep. HTT too, and he got some stick for it but was right all along.

To be fair, the results were good and so were the performances at times.

So why were there so many doubters about his style of football?

Yeah, who knew when we were finishing 5th that it'd end up like this? :lol: The last thing you can do is blame people who were happy that we were winning ffs.

There's a hint of "I knew he was terrible! I told you, but did you listen?! NOOO!". It's all screams arrogance.

There's a hint of "I knew he was terrible! I told you, but did you listen?! NOOO!". It's all screams arrogance.

Absolutely. Fucking tedious to read.

I don't see anyone blaming fans who were happy, just pointing out that there were fans who had legitimate concerns.

Beren was one of a number of posters who questioned Pardew's football ethos, even when things were going well.

He has clear strengths as a defensive coach, you cant ignore us breaking records last season with the standard of players he was using. Thats not coincidence. His ability as an attacking coach has been in doubt though yeah & that now looks a proven issue especially if individual players get injured or lose the form to cover that up. The lack of group cohesion then stands out massively ofc.

The fact alone that Mike Williamson is a consistent starter calls into question his judgment as a defensive-minded coach.

Even our defence is poor this season and that's his area so don't use defence to back him up.

Yep. HTT too, and he got some stick for it but was right all along.

He'll be along shortly for a good old gloat, no doubt.

Other than the period around the first WBA game nobody was complaining at all. People picked up on the fact we weren't exactly playing gorgeous attacking football and that not starting Ben Arfa was fucking idiotic, but all in all people were happy.

Looking back now it seems obvious though.

Even our defence is poor this season and that's his area so don't use defence to back him up.

Krul, Colo & Saylor have all been out injured & as has been discussed our preperation time for games is clearly very different this season. You know all of this information. Dont know why you bother, just try to show some balance atleast man.

Guest Dontooner

Thats exactly the problem you cant keep winning games being defensive. "hoof and cross Pardew" the variation of goals we score is applauding. At some point they will dry up , these performances were always coming.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icwales2/sep2009/7/7/george-burley-614153676.jpg

Ipswich 2000-01

5 Ipswich Town 38 20 6 12 57 42 +15 66

Ipswich 2001-02

18 Ipswich Town ® 38 9 9 20 41 64 −23 36

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50361000/jpg/_50361002_pardew.jpg

Newcastle 2011-2012

5 Newcastle United 38 19 8 11 56 51 +5 65

Newcastle 2012-13....

:whistle:

Guest bimpy474

Tbf, I think most of us questioned Pardew's style when things were going well, but what else were we supposed to say when we're fighting for a Champions League spot?

If you look back several if not most posters were uneasy with it, Hoofball was word used time and time again. We kept winning though and it is hard to have a go at Pardew.

But looking back you can see the how many people on here and other places were worried.

Nobody could have spotted it but I'm sure there were signs.

- Beginning the season with great optimism, when normally that fails so bad. Last season began with pessimism then turned out brilliantly.

- Knowing that Europe would knacker us a bit.

- Knowing Newcastle's ability to create contrasting scenes immediately after each other like black and white stripes.

- Ashley having the unpredictability of Sammy Ameobi.

- Pards never really registered a romp as a manager. In a club like NUFC, I doubt one ever fully writes himself into club folklore without dealing out any hammering. Now it's showing with our lack of bite in attack.

- The no comeback stat still existed last season. Our team spirit really is overhyped.

Things just went too well last season. It's nothing more than a mad dream that actually came true, really. When does NUFC have injury-free seasons with defensive solidity, and consistency? When does a clueless t*** become a manager of the year? When did we ever have great transfer windows in both flogging and buying? It just so un-NUFC in every way, so as much as I didn't expect this s*** I'm hardly surprised.