Alan Pardew

Dave

Thing is, as much as anyone wants him gone, the alternatives probably won't be worth it. We'd have to pay off Pardew and then buy a manager from another club, to make a switch even vaguely worth it. It's not going to happen. If we're in the bottom three in April, Ashley might then consider binning him and appointing someone short-term.

I heard the revenue for next year's EPL broadcast is pretty sizable..Ashley might think twice if our form continues into early next year. He is in for the money anyway, Wonga would be the most excited to brand themselves 8 mil pounds a year in the Championship.

That's a good point actually, about next season's money.

Still can't really see it though, unless the situation is desperate come April. The only thing i can see propelling us from a relegation battle to a mid-table slog is a couple of shrewd January signings. And, tbh, that's my gut feeling as to what will happen.

Be teetering on the edge by January > make a couple of useful bargain basement signings > everyone gets a lift > climb to about 13th and just ride the season out.

All the top jobs seem to be coming up and Marcelo Bielsa keeps getting ignored. Probably out of our reach but he is the sort of person who we should be looking to get, attacking football, does things right and goes by unnoticed, bring success.

A step backwards again today, very disappointing. Fulham were massively lacking in confidence and the best we could muster were rubbish crosses to their massive centre back and some ambitious efforts.

Needs to stop shitting himself as soon as we go a goal down too, the players need to get some rhythm going, you'd think he'd have realised his usual plan never works when we go behind.

Now I hope people can shut up about playing 4-5-1 / 4-3-3

again we tried it today for the first half,  with only one man up top in Ba we try to hoof it to him.

No matter what formation, Pardew will not cut out hoofs.

I think the main problem is shoe horning Cisse in on right, he in no way can play anywhere but up top but Pardew insists on playing both of them, much better throwing Marveux out left and Ben Arfa there. It's the most baffling thing to put this square peg in a round hole, Cisse does not have the touch, dribbling or pace to play wide. It's just not his game strange

Pardew tried to shoe horn all strikers out wide.  Leon Best, Shola, Ba, that is what he does.  Because he's obsessed with set plays!  The more tall strikers you have in the starting line-up the more chances of set plays and hoofs landing on a nufc player,  in theory that is, except it doesn't f***ing work during open play never mind set play.

All the top jobs seem to be coming up and Marcelo Bielsa keeps getting ignored. Probably out of our reach but he is the sort of person who we should be looking to get, attacking football, does things right and goes by unnoticed, bring success.

How does he go by unnoticed? Everybody was salivating over him and Athletic last season.

I've simply lost patience with Pardew.

We only had one attacking minded player on the pitch, Ben Arfa. Ba got injured so he takes of Ben Arfa and bring on Shola, a donkey who couldn't even hit a barn door with his hind legs if he was standing in front of it.

This results in us playing our tactic of getting Krul to hit it long, hope the big guy or one of the big guys up front flick it on or bring it down and hold it up for someone else, it usually ends up with Krul passing it to the other keeper. Even in midfield unless it's Ben Arfa the tactic seem to be if you get the ball then pass it back to Krul so he can hit it long.

Today we opened Fulham up a few times when Ben Arfa was playing, unfortunately it was either Ba or Cisse getting into the box and not both of them or anyone else which meant we had no options. At the other end though a better team could have finished us off with about 6 goals.

If he just let us play attacking football, if he would just make the right substitutions and not leave them until the game is over then we would be much higher in the league. I have just lost faith in his ability, he's just turning into another hoof it long and hope for the best managers and I'm sick of it. SBR was good manager who had us playing well but because of his age and friendliness I kind of felt he lost the command of the squad, Souness was just a bully with no tactical in though, Roeder was just a coach, again didn't really have the respect of the team, Big Sam, well long ball merchant, Keegan, he never had the backing of the board, Chris Houghton, again never had the backing of the board and could be criticised that if plan A went wrong then he didn't have a Plan B, Pardew, a puppet of Ashley's who is a long ball merchant.

You left out...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01000/joekinnear2909gett_1000906c.jpg

I've simply lost patience with Pardew.

We only had one attacking minded player on the pitch, Ben Arfa. Ba got injured so he takes of Ben Arfa and bring on Shola, a donkey who couldn't even hit a barn door with his hind legs if he was standing in front of it.

This results in us playing our tactic of getting Krul to hit it long, hope the big guy or one of the big guys up front flick it on or bring it down and hold it up for someone else, it usually ends up with Krul passing it to the other keeper. Even in midfield unless it's Ben Arfa the tactic seem to be if you get the ball then pass it back to Krul so he can hit it long.

Today we opened Fulham up a few times when Ben Arfa was playing, unfortunately it was either Ba or Cisse getting into the box and not both of them or anyone else which meant we had no options. At the other end though a better team could have finished us off with about 6 goals.

If he just let us play attacking football, if he would just make the right substitutions and not leave them until the game is over then we would be much higher in the league. I have just lost faith in his ability, he's just turning into another hoof it long and hope for the best managers and I'm sick of it. SBR was good manager who had us playing well but because of his age and friendliness I kind of felt he lost the command of the squad, Souness was just a bully with no tactical in though, Roeder was just a coach, again didn't really have the respect of the team, Big Sam, well long ball merchant, Keegan, he never had the backing of the board, Chris Houghton, again never had the backing of the board and could be criticised that if plan A went wrong then he didn't have a Plan B, Pardew, a puppet of Ashley's who is a long ball merchant.

You left out...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01000/joekinnear2909gett_1000906c.jpg

Only because I blanked him out.

again we tried it today for the first half,  with only one man up top in Ba we try to hoof it to him.

I think the main problem is shoe horning Cisse in on right, he in no way can play anywhere but up top but Pardew insists on playing both of them, much better throwing Marveux out left and Ben Arfa there. It's the most baffling thing to put this square peg in a round hole, Cisse does not have the touch, dribbling or pace to play wide. It's just not his game strange

Pardew tried to shoe horn all strikers out wide.  Leon Best, Shola, Ba, that is what he does.  Because he's obsessed with set plays!  The more tall strikers you have in the starting line-up the more chances of set plays and hoofs landing on a nufc player,  in theory that is, except it doesn't f***ing work during open play never mind set play.

He did it with Best twice and Ba came to us as a wide forward. As for Shola, when?

We are useless with set plays like, absolutely no point we may as well just let them have the free kick. That is the most worrying thing for me that he doesn't have the capability to get anywhere near fluid football from us while he insists on putting strikers on the wing. It's horrible to watch

He did it with Best twice and Ba came to us as a wide forward. As for Shola, when?

I remember seeing Shola on the right at some point this season.

How does he go by unnoticed? Everybody was salivating over him and Athletic last season.

Only for a few months towards the end of the season, everything seems to have gone quiet on him now.

He has played Shola on the right a few times this season and he has looked shocking every time (Because he is a shocking player)

Today was really bad for him. Bringing Shola on for HBA basically lost the game. We lost all the shape we had after that sub and Shola did absolutely nothing. If you have to take HBA off you bring Marveaux in to do what HBA was doing. It's a joke Marveaux only got 5 minutes today.

Only for a few months towards the end of the season, everything seems to have gone quiet on him now.

Could be down to Athletic being pretty average again and him falling out with their best player. Don't think he can speak English anyway and he'd be far too clever for a lot of our players.

Half the problems stem from him ducking the Ba/Cisse descision. No such hassles at Villa where the hardworking Benteke has cast Bent into the wilderness. Descision made early doors. It's called being a manager.

I think we can all safely say that Hughton definitely wasn't replaced by Pardew for footballing reasons.

Of course he wasn't. In spite of the popularity Pardew gained last season, surely that's always been a given?

Guest firetotheworks

I think we can all safely say that Hughton definitely wasn't replaced by Pardew for footballing reasons.

Of course he wasn't. In spite of the popularity Pardew gained last season, surely that's always been a given?

It has, but that was always the excuse from above. They can't use that one anymore.

Half the problems stem from him ducking the Ba/Cisse descision. No such hassles at Villa where the hardworking Benteke has cast Bent into the wilderness. Descision made early doors. It's called being a manager.

He's a coward.

Up till now still hasn't sorted that situation out, but will slag off the youngsters and reserves, after not preparing them well enough for the bordeaux game.

The man's an idiot.