Alan Pardew

Dave

I like how it's taken Pardew abandoning his entire footballing philosophy for us to produce a good attacking display.

:lol:

Every morning he should write down his thoughts and then do the opposite in training. Player should listen to what he says and do the exact opposite.

Wouldn't those two things cancel each other out?

aye :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Really perplexed why it's taken us up until December to stop persisting with the long-ball game.

Because he is poor at seeing things quickly enough, the amount of time proves it imo. That and switching to 3 in the middle.

Really perplexed why it's taken us up until December to stop persisting with the long-ball game.

I think his ideal team would play 4-4-2 and be a "direct" side, allowing them to keep their shape defensively.

I only think he's changed it because it was becoming impossible to justify continuing to play that way.

Giving Pardew credit for having this team try for one half in the last 14-16 halfs or so. If anything our 2nd half reaction is something WE SHOULD EXPECT from whatever manager when you're down 2-0.

get back to the pele thread man :lol:

Are you kidding me? I guess you are one of those who have this view on football that being in a relegation battle is fine as long as you play well for like 20 minutes after being down 2-0. I'm not saying we haven't played well today, I just think Pardew has got nothing right in terms of tactics and line-ups for the last 7 games. Anyone praising him for 20 mionutes should have a look at the table and the minutes Jonas has been playing of late.

far from it, i'm one of the biggest pardew critics there is as it happens

it was a narrow point with disclaimers for how shite we started yet you still felt the need to lay the boot in, whatever else you think after being so comprehensively outplayed 1st half the reaction he got from the team at the start of the second is something to be commended from a managerial perspective

Pardew Post-Match Comments:-

- Soft Second Goal. Santon put off by player across him.

- Look like scoring goals but conceding too many.

- Their best players played well, Yaya/Tevez.

- Cisse normally buries the chance at 1-2.

- A lot to lean on going into QPR.

- We've had some problems but it's about next game.

- We're in good shape to beat QPR.

- Both Ba & Cisse were good today.

- Fair play, Citeh played well today.

Guest tollemache

You wouldn't be going on that way if you were sitting watching them carve Liverpool open like I am. 2-0 at half time including Team Goal o' the Week

Guest tollemache

Yeah but it just so happens we're in a rough patch and they're playing out of their skins. Nothing earth-shattering about that. 3-0 now, at Anfield.

Yeah but it just so happens we're in a rough patch and they're playing out of their skins. Nothing earth-shattering about that. 3-0 now, at Anfield.

What are you talking about? We're 17 games into the season, that's not a rough patch. They've been better than us over those 17 games, that's not acceptable.