Alan Pardew

Dave

Bringing on Ranger was the sign of a man whose not a clue how to turn it round.

As useless as Ranger is I'd have started him every single time ahead of the cunt up front.

You can tell Ranger's out of match practice, or just plan thick. he seemed half a second behind the play every time he was involved.

I haven't got that much of a problem with that Santon comment from Pardew FWIW, other than that Santon is quite clearly short of confidence at the moment.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if he took some of the pressure on himself and tried to ease it off the players. As far as I'm concerned if something goes wrong and you've done your job then you have the right to criticise others. He hasn't been doing his job for a long time now. It reeks of Souness.

Fair comment.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew also said: "we can't hide from it - we're right in it & have to get out of it." Confirms what most already knew - "the combination (Of Ba & Cisse) didn't really work, so I hope we can find someone more suited to Papiss. It's easier said than done in this window."

:lol: FFS.

Then we need to ditch our principles and pay the going rate or arrange a short-term stopgap.  We cannot afford to leave ourselves short this time.

Aye. The possibility of Ba fucking off has been there since the end of last season. There really is no excuse.

Patience is slowly running out for me.....slowly. I still hope he can turn it around as I honestly can't see what good changing managers will do at the minute (especially in the middle of a transfer window). We need our players back and two or three players in, but he also needs to realise he's been a flipping numpty with Cisse (although I'm pretty sure he'll be down the middle from now on) and the Obertan sub was completely baffling.

He has the next 3 premiership games to show me he can turn this around. If he does, fantastic. If not, we really will have to change something.

I doubt any other manager would have Shola at the club for 2 years and think it would be a good idea to play him in the centre and Cisse on the wing, he should be sacked for that alone.  Shola has the same movement as a corpse and we were crying out for movement in the centre for the entire first half when we were playing quite well.

Our players coming ball might improve our results, if they do it will be in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

THIS.

Honestly, if there's ever a more telling sign to his cluelessness it is his favouritism towards Shola. He wants the big, immobile, talentless lump to play there so we can hoof the bastard thing to him rather than play the £10 million, talented, mobile goalscorer and surround him with the two form wide players in the side.

I can't get over the way he thinks. It's just fucking backwards.

:thup:

It was a desperate attempt to get the owner's attention IMO.

Maybe but bringing on Ranger was a massive facepalm moment. Pretty sure everyone in the pub was looking at me in confusion.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew also said: "we can't hide from it - we're right in it & have to get out of it." Confirms what most already knew - "the combination (Of Ba & Cisse) didn't really work, so I hope we can find someone more suited to Papiss. It's easier said than done in this window."

Seriously, he's a moron.

That Caulkin quote, ffs.

Of course Cisse and Ba didn't work. Whenever we played 4-4-2 with them up front we had the wingers on the wrong bloody wings. We could have had Shearer and Bellamy up front but with that supply they'd have looked fucking dreadful.

Otherwise we had Cisse on the right side of a 4-3-3, which is just as baffling. Even on the left of a 4-3-3 he might look better as at least then he can cut inside. However I genuinely believe that if we had a right-footed right winger and a left-footed left winger playing in a 4-4-2 then Cisse and Ba would have looked ten times better as a strike pair. Still, it's all academic now. Unless we then go on to repeat the same mistakes with whoever else we bring in during January.

Blamed Santon on the radio.

f*** off Alan, you small time fraudster.

Seriously? What did he say?

'They had more experience than us and it showed, Santon goes through on goal and if he squares it there we score and get a point.'

Come on man, that's hardly blaming Santon for the overall result, just showing how quickly it could change. And to be fair he's right. Santon was awful tonight (IMO) and we would have got a point if he'd squared it.

How do you know this by the way, can you see in to an alternative future where Cisse got it, and scored. And they didn't attack again or something like that? If he really truly means that the Santon didn't pass made the whole team play s**** and hoof the ball he can really go f*** himself, its a stupid excuse.

Come on man. That's clearly not what that quote says. On his interview on Sky he said we didn't play that well. That quote is clearly a throwaway "look how close we got to snatching a draw" type quote rather than a "it's all Santons fault" quote.

As usual though, as soon as the tide turns on a manager at this club, every quote will be dissected and turned into a "disgrace".

tbf some were disecting his every quote last season when we were doing well.

There were also some who were concerned about our methods even though we were getting good results last season. It  might work for low budget teams looking to hang around the periphery of success but no top sides play that way in this day and age.

Blamed Santon on the radio.

f*** off Alan, you small time fraudster.

Seriously? What did he say?

'They had more experience than us and it showed, Santon goes through on goal and if he squares it there we score and get a point.'

Come on man, that's hardly blaming Santon for the overall result, just showing how quickly it could change. And to be fair he's right. Santon was awful tonight (IMO) and we would have got a point if he'd squared it.

How do you know this by the way, can you see in to an alternative future where Cisse got it, and scored. And they didn't attack again or something like that? If he really truly means that the Santon didn't pass made the whole team play s**** and hoof the ball he can really go f*** himself, its a stupid excuse.

Come on man. That's clearly not what that quote says. On his interview on Sky he said we didn't play that well. That quote is clearly a throwaway "look how close we got to snatching a draw" type quote rather than a "it's all Santons fault" quote.

As usual though, as soon as the tide turns on a manager at this club, every quote will be dissected and turned into a "disgrace".

tbf some were disecting his every quote last season when we were doing well.

There were also some who were concerned about our methods even though we were getting good results last season. It  might work for low budget teams looking to hang around the periphery of success but no top sides play that way in this day and age.

Yep, there's always been criticism apart from the time he got Ba, Cisse and Hatem performing superbly together last season. Only it was constructive criticism or little concerns about the overall evolution of the side, now it's to the extent where we are worried about relegation and attacks on him overall. to even be considering that is a sign of failure.

I disagree, Ranger should have replaced Shola and gone to the right to allow Cisse to go central.  I'm no fan of Obertan but taking him off was criminal.

I disagree, Ranger should have replaced Shola and gone to the right to allow Cisse to go central.  I'm no fan of Obertan but taking him off was criminal.

Or Sammy, who was pretty good on the right.

THIS.

Honestly, if there's ever a more telling sign to his cluelessness it is his favouritism towards Shola. He wants the big, immobile, talentless lump to play there so we can hoof the b****** thing to him rather than play the £10 million, talented, mobile goalscorer and surround him with the two form wide players in the side.

I can't get over the way he thinks. It's just f***ing backwards.

I thought Marveaux and Anita were playing well and were doing some good stuff and Shola was just strolling around as if it was a practice match.  We had one break in the 2nd half and he was walking towards the Everton goal from the half way line while we had the ball in the box.  I looked to see where he was when the move was over and he was still in the semi circle.  :lol:

It's not his fault, he's not up to it and he really cares for the club but that's not good enough.

I'm no fan of Obertan but taking him off was criminal.

This, many times over.

Obertan looked dangerous, and he was our only genuine wide player on the pitch. Taking him off left us playing through the middle with Ameobi, Ranger and Cisse up front. You can't play that narrow and get through teams, and it was obvious that we were just going to revert to hoofing it. Which we did.

What we needed was more width, not less. Obertan on the right, Ferguson on the left, Ameobi and Cisse up front. Or Cisse and Ranger up front. Or Sammy on the left and Obertan on the right, with Cisse plus Shola or Ranger up front.

So many good choices and he consistently picks the wrong ones. I'm out of patience.

Scares the hell out of me that time after time the fans can see things that take Pardew an eternity to see. The Ben Arfa farce, 4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2, Santon for taylor, Jonas needing dropping, Marveaux needing playing, Cisse and Ba in a 2 then Cisse stuck on the wing, Shola still being shit etc.  Just time after time it seems he's either oblivious to problems or ignores them out of stubbornness or something.

It was a desperate attempt to get the owner's attention IMO.

Sadly Ashleys ambition is 17th so if that was the case I doubt it'll have much affect.

He just loses the plot and reverts to the simplest, crudest football he can when we go behind. You might get away with that in League One, never in this league. There are so many bad factors about his management skills that really makes him one of the worst in the league.

I really can't understand the Obertan sub at all. Shola was contributing nothing and we could have moved Cisse inside.

Taking Shola off would mean no more hoofball, which was obviously unacceptable.

Bingo.

Pardew was definitely at fault for bringing off Obertan instead of Shola, and I can't understand his belief that he just needs as many strikers on the pitch at once, but we didn't play long ball for the majority of the game today. Everton played many more long balls.