Alan Pardew

Dave

Funny how everyone despises `arry and wouldnt have him near our club.

I`ll take tax evasion and tapping up other clubs players over shagging players wives and tapping up your own players any day.

It's like a choice between eating shit and eating...well more shit

Not sure getting a foreign manager in right now would work. Probably about the same chance or slightly less than Pardew working for the rest of the season. Can't really see a solution right now tbh. Maybe a Venables type like yous were saying, who knows.

Pardew's fault anyway for playing Santon on the wrong side of the pitch. He's right footed, therefore he's a rightback. End of.

How long have you been on this forum? Who here has the signature which will sort him out?

Pardew's fault anyway for playing Santon on the wrong side of the pitch. He's right footed, therefore he's a rightback. End of.

You should tell Paolo Mandini that he wasted his career.

He's going to be at left back for a long time, might as well get used to it. End of.

If he did actually throw Santon under the bus publicly, he's a worse manager and a worse human being than I had thought him to be. Way to ruin a young player's self-esteem, confidence and faith in his position.

And its his Birthday.

It actually is. :lol: Poor guy. :lol:

even though he's shown some inexperience this season, especially defensively, i'd honestly like nigel adkins as a long term appointment. southampton have played some of the best football in the league this season. would be a gamble considering our perilous position, but so too would be sticking with Pardew.

There's no point picking the right system if you can't put the players in their right place, have the right mentality and have a style of play that fits said players in that system.

All of it is key for a working football team and we could play 4-3-3 every week at the moment and we would still look shite.

3rd fav to be next manager to leave behind Lambert & McDermott, both of which I think aren't doing anywhere near a bad a job as he is.

9-1.

Just wish we had normal owners or that would be a great get rich quick scheme.

even though he's shown some inexperience this season, especially defensively, i'd honestly like nigel adkins as a long term appointment. southampton have played some of the best football in the league this season. would be a gamble considering our perilous position, but so too would be sticking with Pardew.

Can't organise a defence though, hasn't convinced at this level

Didn't think tonight was too bad - we were always likely to lose to Everton with the form they're in and the players we have missing but still managed to create more chances, and with a bit better luck and finishing could have been a draw at least.

Things will improve with players returning and coming in - defence for the next league match is likely to be Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon - best back 4 we've been able to put out in years.

More chances?  Everton created far more than what we did.

From the BBC:

58% possession

Shots: 14-7

Shots on: 11-6

How many of those "shots on" where f***ing soft balls that Howard could just pick up? the Shots/Shots on Taget stats is foolish to use.

What about possession? Or is any stat that doesn't support an established view pointless??

Anyway, not picking on your post in particular mate, whole place is a little overly negative for my liking tonight (understandably enough in fairness) - I'm off to bed!  :blackeye:

Didn't think tonight was too bad - we were always likely to lose to Everton with the form they're in and the players we have missing but still managed to create more chances, and with a bit better luck and finishing could have been a draw at least.

Things will improve with players returning and coming in - defence for the next league match is likely to be Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon - best back 4 we've been able to put out in years.

More chances?  Everton created far more than what we did.

From the BBC:

58% possession

Shots: 14-7

Shots on: 11-6

Oh statistics.

We did create a little more than we usually do, but we were never, ever as incisive as Everton were. Everytime Fellaini, Baines and Pienaar came forward together everyone was collectively shitting their pants.

Hardly surprising since they are Everton's three most potent attacking players. So if Pardew spends 4 days out of 5 coaching defence, and played Cisse wide right because of carefully laid plans pre Ba's departure, what does that say about his tactical nous? I haven't even got to his scatter gun approach to substitutions yet.