Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

Won't he have a press conference today with Brighton being on Saturday

Surely they'll travel down tomorrow?

I still have a lot of belief in him.

Yes, results are bad.

However the performance of the team have definitely been getting better which is very positive considering the recent opposition and the quality of the backup players that are having to play.

Guest neesy111

When has our lack of spending not been an issue, though?

Good point.  We have to get players through the door this month or we will be playing devil's advocate with our league status.  Better safe than sorry.

Worth noting that his name is still being sung in the stadium, home and away.

I actually think that's a very good thing. By all means moan on here, but during the game support the team including the manager. I don't think that means that the match day crowd aren't unhappy with him and this season though, certainly not the people who sit around me anyway.

It is. What it does show is a willingness to persevere with the current setup, reasonably confident that things will improve. I think most people, with common sense, would agree that sacking the current encumbent is not the answer to our woes.

I think that would change fairly sharpish if we slipped into the relegation zone mind. At this point it would be hugely symbolic.

I disagree. I think most of the anger would be directed towards Mr Ashley.

Yeah there would certainly be a lot of that. I've never lost sight of the fact the summer was a f***ing disgrace, even though I think Pardew should be doing a hell of a lot better. The message it sent out was arguably even more damaging than the physical deficiencies.

A lot of people have.

I'm not going to try to claim that Pardew's doing even remotely well. However, my stance hasn't changed since before these three less than winnable fixtures. The season is a write off, but I don't believe the majority of the blame lies at Pardew's feet. We will be fine, though.

It'll be interesting to see the approach to next summer should we stay up, ie if it's any different. Being tight has its benefits but not when the outcome is a fall from grace like this. Pardew needs to be telling them that this just isn't good enough, whoever the manager is. As johnnypd posted elsewhere, there seems little foresight whatsoever from above. They think they know best all the time despite admitting to knowing f*** all about football.

I've no doubt that whatever moves we make this month will be to the detriment of any summer plans.

Can you expand on that?

We're making reactionary signings this month. Signings that we wouldn't have made if the season was going even slightly better, ie. no threat of relegation. The cost of these signings will, in my opinion, be deducted from any summer spending.

OK, see what you mean.

I guess we'll be able to judge that better when we've actually signed someone!

In the (imo) unlikely event that we sign Remy and Douglas as well as Debuchy i guess it could be argued they would good signings no matter what, players that take us forward regardless.

Just watched his NUFCtv interview

Hit the nail on the head about everything

-pretty much said Simpson is gash. Santon not being helped because he is out only offensive fullback. Gives him chance to concentrate in defending more

- Baines and Fellaini the difference

- not right for a club as big as this to have that bench last night even though Bigi and Sammy did well

- we need 3 players

- spirit and effort were there, just lack experience and more 'good' players

I don't think our players were significantly worse than Everton's, far from it, actually. It's how they are used that's the problem.

If you asked most neutral observers, we're probably one of the best managed clubs as far as finances go, which we weren't previously. We are getting good players in for the last couple of years as well. If there is a major criticism I have of Ashley's spending it's been that he's not spent on hiring a proper manager. Quite a key role.

Guest neesy111

The players we need have to be those who can come in and do a job for us now.  If we get Debuchy, Douglas and Remy then it'll been a very good month.

Guest sicko2ndbest

-pretty much said Simpson is gash. Santon not being helped because he is out only offensive fullback. Gives him chance to concentrate in defending more

- not right for a club as big as this to have that bench last night even though Bigi and Sammy did well

- we need 3 players

I don't think our players were significantly worse than Everton's, far from it, actually. It's how they are used that's the problem.

Everton were at full strength last night, they had no-one out

That makes a massive difference

Good point.  We have to get players through the door this month or we will be playing devil's advocate with our league status.  Better safe than sorry.

Eh?  You mean Russian roulette right?

I wasn't going to point that out, you heartless bastard.

I wasn't going to point that out, you heartless b******.

:lol:

Guest Eggenberger

I find it a bit unproductive to throw ashley under the bus to excuse Pardew, personally.

Yes we should have spent more and the size and potential of this club deserves a more ambitious owner,

but that doesnt mean our team isnt good enough to comfortable stay in the division.

The players at our disposal now are a different breed to the workhorses we had coming up with hughton, and he was comfortably midtable after half a season back in the EPL.

Got the sack for that mind. Now we have a bunch of internationals playing poorly and 20 points after 21 matches.

I dont think I have ever seen a clearer case of "should be sacked in the morning".

There is a philosophical problem with how we play fotball which is starting to manifest and has done for some time. Transfer failings are very secondary in terms of importance,

claiming otherwise is "head in sand" kind of stuff - similar to expecting having taylor and cabaye back will sort things out as well.

We have played poorly when everyone was fit too,  and there is no time to "wait for people to come back" anymore.

- we need 3 players

I'd say they had 3 or 4 outfield players on the pitch that probably wouldn't get into our team.

- we need 3 players

I'd say they had 3 or 4 outfield players on the pitch that probably wouldn't get into our team.

I'm not certain a single one of ours would get in their side last night. Jelavic for Cisse? Not sure I would.

- we need 3 players

I'm not certain a single one of ours would get in their side last night. Jelavic for Cisse? Not sure I would.

Jelavic is a good striker. That doesn't make Cisse a bad one, so I'm not sure about the point of that comparison.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Everton didn't have a full strength team, their right side was a makeshift one.  Neil said that.

I would say Jagielka at rb is an upgrade on hibbert

Naysmith has been playing nearly every game

Who else do they have there?