Alan Pardew

Dave

Brighton played better football despite having Championship players.

Keep ignoring it.

100% spot on  O0 ......head buried in sand will not work.

Sorry had to go out as much as I would like to discuss my point all day. Will catch up in a bit

Pardew has been the same his whole career as a manager. Blags it one or two seasons and then gets found out. No depth all gloss.

Considering the eight-year contract, our lot clearly believe they're cleverer than everyone else and that he'll turn things around given time. We'll see.

I read somewhere that if he's sacked he'll only get a year's worth compensation. So that would be about 10 grand :lol:

I think that was kind of the point he was making - the manager can say "look Danny and Mike, I want us to play incisive passing football so when you get the ball can you please pass it first time in a precise manner to a nearby player wearing the same colour shirt" If Danny and Mike prove incapable of doing this, what is your next choice?

If a player doesn't do what he's told you don't play them and if it wasn't down to the manager, why did Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye who regularly attend training think it was down to the manager?

Who do you play there instead ? Is it Pardews fault we have no one to play instead of Williamson, we have tried Perch, Raylor, Tavernier and Simpson there, none of them have made any improvement.  Your reply would be valid if Pardew persisted with these players whilst keeping Debuchy and Taylor on the bench and lets be honest Taylor is still not the answer.

Do you have any idea how Poyet managed to get Brighton playing passing football despite having footballers who are Championship standard?

They're a highly inconsistent championship side, and have been for the duration of Poyet's tenure - I think you're barking up the wrong tree with him.

I agree we need a manager with the attributes you've quoted, but you've based your opinion on two games against us as opposed to his managerial record in full.

I have to agree with Mick's earlier post, think that really hit the nail on the head re our predicament. I'm quickly reaching breaking point, and have completely lost any enthusiasm for this season. The QPR game was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, and that's been followed by one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever witnessed yesterday. Also, the inevitably of the Everton loss was so galling its untrue - I really don't think Pardew has an idea what he's doing.

Look at the majority of managers of teams in the bottom half. Most of them have players who wouldn't get into our teams, yet they are able to perform in the premier league due to an understanding of the system and philosophy that their manager is employing. They seem to have a style fundamentally understood, and players know what they are doing. The majority of footballers are simple beasts and are able to play to their maximum if they understand what is being asked of them. Look at Wigan, most of their players are individually poor and wouldn't get anywhere near our team. However, they all seem to understand what they're doing and play some terrific football at times. Imagine what somebody like Martinez could do with our team? Similarly look at West Ham, Norwich and Fulham - they just look better organised than we do and appear to have a system that all of the players understand. Our lot look like they've never met each other before and that's the fault of the coaching staff. The injury excuse is bollocks for me, because they've looked like that for the duration of pardew's stewardship with the exception of 6/7 games from the end of last season.

Ideally I'd want to replace him, but I share everyone's concerns about the club's ability to replace him with anyone other than some c*** like Kinnear

I might well be barking up the wrong tree with Poyet, I don't watch them regularly, I'm just basing it on the two games I've watched against us where they've shown quite a few of the attributes I think are missing in our side. One thing I will say is that it's impossible to play good football without good movement off the ball and they had that in plenty which made their players look much better than their worth and made passing much easier as a result.

We need a manager who will bring these qualities into the side. It doesn't have to be Poyet, by all means give us some other alternatives.

Martinez, mentioned him in my post. Think he's a really progressive manager who actually thinks about what he's doing, and has done well with the tools at his disposal. I think we've got no chance of getting him, though.

Well I ruled him out because realistically we won't get him. Too expensive and won't come anyway.

Pardew has been the same his whole career as a manager. Blags it one or two seasons and then gets found out. No depth all gloss.

Considering the eight-year contract, our lot clearly believe they're cleverer than everyone else and that he'll turn things around given time. We'll see.

I read somewhere that if he's sacked he'll only get a year's worth compensation. So that would be about 10 grand :lol:

:lol:

Isn't Pardew one of the lowest paid managers in the league? Got to take that into consideration when debating who else we could attract.

:lol:

Isn't Pardew one of the lowest paid managers in the league? Got to take that into consideration when debating who else we could attract.

It's supposed to be performance related so it'll have been a grim, grim Christmas in the Pardew household  :iamatwat:

Guest Phil K

Mind - I'm watching the Swansea v Arsenal game and how the hell Arsenal haven't scored 6 or 7 again here....everything they do against Swansea is staying out, whereas against us, everything went IN.

It IS a luck thing, and everything is going against us. ESPECIALLY the number of incompetent homer refs like yesterdays clown. But the mentality has to be stopped and we need points.

(of course the atrocious defensive mess for Brighton's second say it's more than bad luck too)

Mind - I'm watching the Swansea v Arsenal game and how the hell Arsenal haven't scored 6 or 7 again here....everything they do against Swansea is staying out, whereas against us, everything went IN.

It IS a luck thing, and everything is going against us. ESPECIALLY the number of incompetent homer refs like yesterdays clown. But the mentality has to be stopped and we need points.

(of course the atrocious defensive mess for Brighton's second say it's more than bad luck too)

SO how do you go about changing your luck?

In football terms you start by aiming to get a clean sheet. Should have been our only aim yesterday. Keep a clean sheet and either take it to a replay or nick it at some point.

nick it at some point.

Is that you Alan?

We have played enough football since the Stoke game to suggest he deserves until the end of the season.

This place at times can get very over emotional.  All managers have their ups and downs, you can see Pardew is striving to play football.  The only player guilty of long ball is constantly Williamson and Simpson.  Who Pardew looks to be seeking to improve upon.

Guest ThievingMagpie

I'm going to give Pardew maybe one more season here if I'm honest, the board will stick with him because we do need consistency but if he loses the players to the point where they will start complaining to board about it, then yeah he's gone but I doubt he is at that point. What I am worried about is the fact that there already are cliques forming among the players, that just spells disaster waiting to happen, if Pardew is half the man-manager he thinks he is I would hope he would get that sorted. 

His post match comments from yesterday are absolutely disgraceful. After reading them on .com he's completely shown himself up as an utter coward who has no faith in the current available players and looks to hide from the truth of his own incapabilities by coming out with rubbish saying he hasn't had a fair crack this season with the players available. He is such a coward of a man.

Obviously a large chunk of the responsibility for this mess must be laid on those above him, but the way Pardew has disgraced us on the pitch this season is unforgivable. Our last 12 league and cup games have resulted in 11 losses and 2 wins- there is obviously something seriously wrong here, much more than a couple of injuries here and there. Sheer incompetence from the management staff would be my guess.

His post match comments from yesterday are absolutely disgraceful. After reading them on .com he's completely shown himself up as an utter coward who has no faith in the current available players and looks to hide from the truth of his own incapabilities by coming out with rubbish saying he hasn't had a fair crack this season with the players available. He is such a coward of a man.

Obviously a large chunk of the responsibility for this mess must be laid on those above him, but the way Pardew has disgraced us on the pitch this season is unforgivable. Our last 12 league and cup games have resulted in 11 losses and 2 wins- there is obviously something seriously wrong here, much more than a couple of injuries here and there. Sheer incompetence from the management staff would be my guess.

Aye, your mathematic ability :lol:

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with you now. I don't think he'll ever really own up to anything this season being his fault - I vaguely remember the Spurs game last season where he said we could 'let our hair down' and, after being on the receiving end of a hammering, deflected part of the blame on the formation that we as supporters wanted to see, instead of him choosing the safe defensive option or some bullshit  :idiot2:

Guest Phil K
....... Our last 12 league and cup games have resulted in 11 losses and 2 wins- there is obviously something seriously wrong here....

Maths not a strong point with you, then ?

The only player guilty of long ball is constantly Williamson and Simpson.

That is complete nonsense.

Can't believe there are still people thinking that the only reason we go long so often is because of them two.

Can't believe there are still people thinking that the only reason we go long so often is because of them two.

Even after yesterday where we were out-passed by a team of limited Championship players.

Even after yesterday where we were out-passed by a team of limited Championship players.

To be fair, the team we put out yesterday was barely championship standard.

We have played enough football since the Stoke game to suggest he deserves until the end of the season.

This place at times can get very over emotional.  All managers have their ups and downs, you can see Pardew is striving to play football.  The only player guilty of long ball is constantly Williamson and Simpson.  Who Pardew looks to be seeking to improve upon.

If Pardew was anywhere near 'striving' to play football we'd be implementing it on the training ground. Have you seen anything to suggest we are?

Genuinely wonder whether did that because they thought the FA would want him for the England job, so wanted to be sure of securing the compensation.