Alan Pardew

Dave

I still haven't decided on pards fully yet, Im giving him January to sort his tactics out. If after he's just as bad, ill being singing Pards out.

But I have got to be fair, he has got a fair threw injuries (see my "mentalist" sig, knew it would come in handy) That is actually quite a hefty portion of our team.

This period has just helped show how thin our team is.

Nice referencing to the sig. :thup: Didn't realise the injury problems.

Seriously though, disappoints that the injuries have so well-masked Pardew's inability this season. It's not like we were lighting it up when we didn't have the injuries towards the start.

I still haven't decided on pards fully yet, Im giving him January to sort his tactics out. If after he's just as bad, ill being singing Pards out.

But I have got to be fair, he has got a fair threw injuries (see my "mentalist" sig, knew it would come in handy) That is actually quite a hefty portion of our team.

But as i've said, and others on here have too, injuries do not mean you suddenly resort to hoofball. It's just a mental state of affairs the way he goes about things.

True but he was also playing that partly to keep BA happy.

And the first chance he gets to rectify that he decides Shola is better as a straight in replacement than moving Cisse inside and putting a proper wide man out there. All because he was scared the players would get confused after a couple of days' specific 'training'. Training that was based around a player in talks with another club.

Guest bimpy474

Why would they leave their jobs to come here for less pay and no more spending power?

Would they be on less pay though, i mean do we know that for sure. And to steal a cliche, 50,000 fans every home game, sleeping giant syndrome, manager wanting the challenge of making Newcastle great again blah blah blah.

All of that is attractive to a manager, its just the two pillocks in charge that worry the feck out of me. Any decent manager will look at them and think, dear god.

But as i've said, and others on here have too, injuries do not mean you suddenly resort to hoofball. It's just a mental state of affairs the way he goes about things.

And the first chance he gets to rectify that he decides Shola is better as a straight in replacement than moving Cisse inside and putting a proper wide man out there. All because he was scared the players would get confused after a couple of days' specific 'training'. Training that was based around a player in talks with another club.

True i still believe that is to give him more fire power when asking for funds.

Guest bimpy474

Which if true was absolutely mental.

Why would they leave their jobs to come here for less pay and no more spending power?

Would they be on less pay though, i mean do we know that for sure. And to steal a cliche, 50,000 fans every home game, sleeping giant syndrome, manager wanting the challenge of making Newcastle great again blah blah blah.

All of that is attractive to a manager, its just the two pillocks in charge that worry the feck out of me. Any decent manager will look at them and think, dear god.

If we act quick enough I think we could get a good manager in. The 5th place, foundations of a good squad, despite the underperforming this season (just because we've played shite for about 5 months, it's clear to see there's the spine of a great team here). But the chairmen need to have some nous and balls about them. Definitely wouldn't sniff at a punt from a manager abroad, who may be a bit more detached from Ashley and Llambias' reputation. But I just don't think they'd know where to start in recruiting a manager that hasn't already made a name for themselves in England in the past 30 years.

If we act quick enough I think we could get a good manager in. The 5th place, foundations of a good squad, despite the underperforming this season (just because we've played s**** for about 5 months, it's clear to see there's the spine of a great team here). But the chairmen need to have some nous and balls about them. Definitely wouldn't sniff at a punt from a manager abroad, who may be a bit more detached from Ashley and Llambias' reputation. But I just don't think they'd know where to start in recruiting a manager that hasn't already made a name for themselves in England in the past 30 years.

I would agree, if you mean after the window.

Guest bimpy474

If we act quick enough I think we could get a good manager in. The 5th place, foundations of a good squad, despite the underperforming this season (just because we've played shite for about 5 months, it's clear to see there's the spine of a great team here). But the chairmen need to have some nous and balls about them. Definitely wouldn't sniff at a punt from a manager abroad, who may be a bit more detached from Ashley and Llambias' reputation. But I just don't think they'd know where to start in recruiting a manager that hasn't already made a name for themselves in England in the past 30 years.

Aye, Laudrup for me. A manager form abroad might be the right step too, if Pardew struggles through and just keeps us up he might get replaced, you never know.

Ahahahaha what am i saying. 7 more years  :spit:

:'(

It's difficult to name a replacement, but that can only be a reason to not want him sacked for so long. If he didn't talk so much shit I'd believe he could turn it round and motivate the squad, as it is how can anyone take him serious any more? It's one bad presser after another, pissing people off in all corners, what must he be like on a training pitch, or in the dressing room?  :'(

Still think we will have him till the end of the season then Ashley will pull the trigger. He'll have his target already, I reckon Carr is buying players for him already.

It's difficult to name a replacement, but that can only be a reason to not want him sacked for so long. If he didn't talk so much shit I'd believe he could turn it round and motivate the squad, as it is how can anyone take him serious any more? It's one bad presser after another, pissing people off in all corners, what must he be like on a training pitch, or in the dressing room?  :'(

Still think we will have him till the end of the season then Ashley will pull the trigger. He'll have his target already, I reckon Carr is buying players for him already.

The thought of Ashley having that much foresight makes me dribble down my leg a bit. Alas, I just can't see it. :(

Hold fire until the summer? Yeah. Actually having someone lined up? Just can't see it.

The thought of Ashley having that much foresight makes me dribble down my leg a bit. Alas, I just can't see it. :(

Hold fire until the summer? Yeah. Actually having someone lined up? Just can't see it.

We finish top ten then ok, he'll get next season, but if it goes average, finishes 12-15th then Ashley will have every right to sack him, and I think he will. He's not daft, stability has been a priority in everything the club does, it's what he wants to portrait, it's easier for him and mainly the club to move around in its own world when it's being taken as a serious outfit. That reputation is growing and as it does everything gets that bit easier, bringing in players, keeping them, having press onside backing decisions and praising the model we use. All that has happened since Pardew has been here, I'm certainly not saying its down to him, what I'm saying is things are a little different since his appointment, the club can attract a better manager and I think our knowledge in what makes a good manager will have increased in that time as well. They've learned lessons on false idols, on not appointing without a replacement, and paying bonus related pay, including not being fleeced with pay offs.

Pardew at some point will go, he will have served his purpose, and unfortunately for him he's brought that date forward on himself. The board will know the next step is within reach, and they'll know certain compromises will have to be made to attract and keep a good manager capable of taking the club there and keeping it there, but none of this could have been done from the off. Pardew was part of the boring foundations, it's time to move on and build something a little bit more special. I think the board is ready for it, players coming in wont have anything to do with Pardew, even if he thinks they do. ATM he's so desperate for players he'll welcome just about anyone with open arms, and he'll know the kind of targets the club like so they won't be too split in opinion.

I have a strong suspicion we will go foreign, someone happy to coach, tactically smart and a bit more professional with the media and players. The main problem will be when the next manager wants to take us further and we put the breaks on, another lesson that'll eventually be learned? That's Ashley's problem, likes to learn the hard way, until then quite happy to take a gamble.

PS: 8 year deal again is to show stability and loyalty, but as we know its only worth a year (2 max from other sources) which proves Ashley isn't thinking Pardew long term, he just doesn't want him going on the cheap should he carry on getting results like last season and someone came in for him. Business first, as always.

Guest tollemache

Fervently hope that if we finish this season in anything like decent form, Pardew will not be sacked.

I'd be quietly embarrassed on behalf of the club - again - if he was.

Fervently hope that if we finish this season in anything like decent form, Pardew will not be sacked.

If we finish the season in decent form I don't think many will be calling for him to be sacked tbf. I think there's a small group that dislike him regardless, but nowhere near the majority.

let's be honest if we stay up now and even come close to top half we'll have had a storming 2nd half to the season so everyone will have forgotten this point for sure

if he's then given a chance and doesn't resort to hoofball and 4-4-2 i'll have little argument with it i suppose

he would go a long way to convincing people he's an actual football manager by never playing shola against anyone other than the mackems, at the moment that decision alone is betraying him as an utter charlatan

TT, do you really believe Ashley would keep Pardew if he finishes 10th but not if he finishes 15th? Doesn't seem to tally with the common view that Ashley isn't interested in football. Why should those two finishes be any different in his eyes?

FWIW I think Pardew is here for the long term unless we get relegated.

If we finish the season in decent form I don't think many will be calling for him to be sacked tbf. I think there's a small group that dislike him regardless, but nowhere near the majority.

What has he ever done in his past career that gives people confidence that he is going to be a top manager with the same club over a period of more than 2 years ?

Why does anyone think it is going to be different here..?

What has he ever done in his past career that gives people confidence that he is going to be a top manager with the same club over a period of more than 2 years ?

has he not been shitcanned before 2 years in every other job? :lol:

west ham was longer but he never got 2 seasons in the top flight did he?

Why does anyone think it is going to be different here..?

Just as well Ipswich gave Robson a chance after his previous track record was to get Fulham relegated and then gave him time after a few rubbish seasons.

Managers can improve.  Pardew may not, but it is possible that he might come back a better manager for it.