Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Wally_McFool

It's not like there are no signs of intent

Signs of intent - you've been spinning that line for ages now Dekka.

You've been rumbled.

Your only intent is survivng in the Premier League on a shoestring. Finishing 5th must have been a big blow to you and Mike seeing as it raised the fans expectations, something you have been trying to quash since day one. 

:cheesy:

Moan in February. :lol:

Are we not playing on Saturday like?

everyone knows most of the business happens at the end of the window and there's nothing we can do about that, so it's daft to complain there's been no 'serious investment' halfway through the window. Especially when we've already landed one target and narrowly missed out on another. It's not like there are no signs of intent

I am sure Mike will save you a bacon sarnie on deadline day for that eternal optimism.

Guest tollemache

What more intent do you want than signing France's first choice right back, getting a bid accepted for Remy and then bidding for another target in defence, in the first 2 weeks of the window? And that's just the ones we know about. You're just determined to be pessimistic which, for supporters, isn't very supportive. I'll wait til the dust settles I think, so as not to look like a tit in February, and if we haven't brought anybody else in at that point then I'll have a well-earned whinge.

Guest tollemache

Are we not playing on Saturday like?

everyone knows most of the business happens at the end of the window and there's nothing we can do about that, so it's daft to complain there's been no 'serious investment' halfway through the window. Especially when we've already landed one target and narrowly missed out on another. It's not like there are no signs of intent

I am sure Mike will save you a bacon sarnie on deadline day for that eternal optimism.

Are you saying it's unfounded optimism and that that isn't how the transfer window usually works? Looks like you are

Guest Wally_McFool

We should be happy that we had a bid accepted for a player who then decided to tootle off and play for a club marginally bigger than Dagenham & Redbridge.

Yeah righto!

Shouldn't you be following Polo instead of soccer?

* Yeah, I called footy SOCCER! *

What more intent do you want than signing France's first choice right back, getting a bid accepted for Remy and then bidding for another target in defence, in the first 2 weeks of the window? And that's just the ones we know about. You're just determined to be pessimistic which, for supporters, isn't very supportive. I'll wait til the dust settles I think, so as not to look like a tit in February, and if we haven't brought anybody else in at that point then I'll have a well-earned whinge.

I totally agree with you mate, but you'll have very little joy with this line of argument on here.

I totally agree with you mate, but you'll have very little joy with this line of argument on here.

:lol: Tag Team.

That intent was a transfer window too late so I have had to watch Mr X Factors Xsing for the last 6 months. We also made bids before but this line we have to cross seems 10 foot high and made of brick.

Moan in the summer when we are in the championship.

Guest tollemache

Not sure what you mean by that, McFool, apart from perhaps "I am unable to mount a convincing argument and will now default to hurling pieces of poo like an unruly chimp instead"?

Guest Dontooner

What are the chances Pardew would be sack if we lost at Reading?

What are the chances of players signing for a team without a Manager?

And what are the chances we would get a Manager in before the Window closes?

We are in a sequence of bad occurrences...Surviving the fall is real problem, some are just too optimistic. We only have 15 games after Reading and there are 5 in them we normally loose....

10 Games..that doesn't fill me up with confidence at all..

Remind me of the last time you had a well-earned whinge.

Guest Wally_McFool

Not sure what you mean by that, McFool, apart from perhaps "I am unable to mount a convincing argument and will now default to hurling pieces of poo like an unruly chimp instead"?

Your not entirely sure about anything you read or scribble on this forum are you Dekka?

That intent was a transfer window too late so I have had to watch Mr X Factors Xsing for the last 6 months. We also made bids before but this line we have to cross seems 10 foot high and made of brick.

that intent was there last summer if we are to believe they moved the goalposts for debuchy, douglas's demands spiralled and put off more than just us and de jong chose to play nearer home and van der weil chose PSG over us.

I'll wait til the dust settles I think, so as not to look like a tit in February, and if we haven't brought anybody else in at that point then I'll have a well-earned whinge.

If we haven't brought anyone in and we're staring down the barrel of a relegation shotgun wouldn't you say a "whinge" would be a fairly light response?

Guest tollemache

Your not entirely sure about anything you read or scribble on this forum are you Dekka?

That doesn't really hold water, as I've spent a lot of my time on here arguing quite vociferously in the face of lots of opposition. Starting to think you don't really think about what you write, so I think we have to cross you off the list of people worth responding to

Guest tollemache

I'll wait til the dust settles I think, so as not to look like a tit in February, and if we haven't brought anybody else in at that point then I'll have a well-earned whinge.

If we haven't brought anyone in and we're staring down the barrel of a relegation shotgun wouldn't you say a "whinge" would be a fairly light response?

Well then, if we haven't brought anybody in at the end of the window, I'll have a very heavy whinge.

that intent was there last summer if we are to believe they moved the goalposts for debuchy, douglas's demands spiralled and put off more than just us and de jong chose to play nearer home and van der weil chose PSG over us.

How many points are given out for intent at the end of the season?

How many points are given out for intent at the end of the season?

none, how many are given for purely buying players......the same ammount.

Be interesting to hear what he has to say tomorrow as I would imagine he's just as pissed off about the Remy situation as the rest of us.

Good that there's a 10 day break after the Reading game I reckon, give us chance to do some more transfer business...

Well then, if we haven't brought anybody in at the end of the window, I'll have a very heavy whinge.

I'm not that far behind the optimists like Ian W on here over some things but if this scenario develops do you think you'd come to the conclusion that the people running the club haven't got a clue what they're doing chancing it like this?

Guest Dontooner

More like 10 days to look for a Manager. I would officially give up on this board if we still keep this monkey in place when we lose.

Guest Slippery Sam

Are we not playing on Saturday like? This should all have been done on New Year's Day.

Good moaning [\Officer Crabtree]

I was moaning in August mate while you were no doubt telling people to "moan in September".

Good moaning.  [Officer Crabtree]

That doesn't really hold water, as I've spent a lot of my time on here arguing quite vociferously in the face of lots of opposition. Starting to think you don't really think about what you write, so I think we have to cross you off the list of people worth responding to

OK Mike and Dekka

Guest tollemache

I'm not that far behind the optimists like Ian W on here over some things but if this scenario develops do you think you'd come to the conclusion that the people running the club haven't got a clue what they're doing chancing it like this?

For me to conclude they really haven't got a clue I'd have to see evidence that they really had totally screwed up due to recklessness. If they work hard to get their targets, there's evidence of bids going in / being accepted but things just don't work out, I'd have some sympathy because that can always happen if you have any kind of transfer policy / wage structure whatsoever. If they really do drop a bollock I'll be the first to point it out, I just don't think they've dropped a big one yet and we're at a point where speculation is a bit futile. I'm certainly not determined to let them off the hook but why complain about investment in the midst of all these transfer bids? It's just daft