Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew complains about missing players all the f***ing time, someone make him watch Villa's first half where 3/4 of their team are kids.

Haven't been watching Villa but our first half today wasn't that bad actually either.

Some great saves of their keeper. Without that we would have been 2 or 3 goals up and the game was over before the restart.

He lost the game, we were doing fine untill he took Marveaux off and we went from pressuring them to being pressured.

Couldn't believe the 'Alan Pardew's black & white army' chant was so prominent in the SE Corner today. I was just shouting 'We Hate Sunderland' the whole time. I respect the fact that fans are trying to get behind the team, but what has this cunt done to justify any support from any one?

As pissed off as I am with Pardew, I still can't believe that any other manager with an ounce of belief in his own ability would be content with the dismal lack of investment in the playing staff in the last 12 months.

For the record, is there anybody on here who still doesn't think he should go?

As pissed off as I am with Pardew, I still can't believe that any other manager with an ounce of belief in his own ability would be content with the dismal lack of investment in the playing staff in the last 12 months.

Dave, in recent weeks I've basically mimicked everything you've said regarding sacking Pardew (i.e, there's no point). Do you think he should go now?

He should have gone weeks ago. Today wasn't a blip. The blips are the wins. Today was just more of the same pigshit that's been served up for months.

The difference today is that the fans, en masse, turned on him today. It's been a long time coming.

Think everyone has to hold their hands up now. He's not the main problem but clearly is having a counterproductive effect which is past the point of rectification.

He is. His dismal performance this season has gone above and beyond the summer's level of failure.

He doesn't believe in the club or the players. That's the problem. We deserve better. As s*** as we've been over the past ten years, I've always believed that we're a club that is capable of big things and that we should be afraid of no one and nothing. I want a manager who has that same belief. He doesn't. He doesn't belong here.

Well put. While I don't want arrogance, Pardew since the start has been so truly apologetic and far too respectful of teams coming to SJP. We should be going after everyone midtable and lower. We have repeatedly looked far too cautious like an away team playing at home.

Doing things your own way as a manager is fine by me, you don't have to come out and play all out attack and apease the crowd all the time. You do have to justify and stand by the choices you make as a manager, Pardew will repeatedly stand by his tactics but is yet to justify them. While there was a uncharacteristic admission that tactics should be changed this week it is only ever at the last minute he will change heart, when points are lost and players/fans frustrated.

Couldn't believe the 'Alan Pardew's black & white army' chant was so prominent in the SE Corner today. I was just shouting 'We Hate Sunderland' the whole time. I respect the fact that fans are trying to get behind the team, but what has this c*** done to justify any support from any one?

He did win some goodwill on the back of last season's success - he's lost it now though (from me anyway).

We could probably go and get someone from Europe where managers operate under similar set ups, but I fear we'd end up with Mark Hughes.

Guest bimpy474

Think everyone has to hold their hands up now. He's not the main problem but clearly is having a counterproductive effect which is past the point of rectification.

I used to think that but not now, he has been a rank bad manager for this season, but it's his inability to do anything different. Tbh it's embarrassing how useless he actually is.

Can imagine him standing in the dressing room at FT telling the players how ungrateful the fans are and that they hate them all, not him, just them.

No wonder Ranger has posted what he has, totally cohered in to it. 

He is. His dismal performance this season has gone above and beyond the summer's level of failure.

He was appointed by the same cunts that refuse to invest in the team. We've been dying a death since the summer of 2007. We can forget about any sort of progress with current ownership.

For the record, is there anybody on here who still doesn't think he should go?

Dave, in recent weeks I've basically mimicked everything you've said regarding sacking Pardew (i.e, there's no point). Do you think he should go now?

The only difference to my opinion now is that Adkins is free. I don't know a great deal about him to be honest but he's available and would presumably be cheap, so would be a genuine option. He'd probably take a chance on the restrictions placed on him by our lot.

Anyway, I still don't think Pardew will be sacked unless we drop into the relegation zone and stay there for a few weeks.

Pardew complains about missing players all the fucking time, someone make him watch Villa's first half where 3/4 of their team are kids.

Haven't been watching Villa but our first half today wasn't that bad actually either.

Some great saves of their keeper. Without that we would have been 2 or 3 goals up and the game was over before the restart.

:thup: The biggest complaint of his 'we're missing players' bullshit is that today's first half was a perfect example of the way this team can play if they're allowed.

I used to think that but not now, he has been a rank bad manager for this season, but it's his inability to do anything different. Tbh it's embarrassing how useless he actually is.

It's wrong to think that the lack of support from ownership hasn't hurt us badly this season, of course.

But a competent manager still has this squad, with these players, at least 10th.