Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Sissoko --- Tiote --- Cabaye

Marveaux --- Cisse --- Jonas

... is what I'm expecting.

When did Tiote come back into the UK?

Edit post above.

There's still plenty of scope for Pard to f*** this s*** up.

:lol: Tomorrow night's team sheet is going to be one of the most eagerly awaited in a long while...

I can just imagine the pulse an hour before kick off.

Then 60 minutes of the most memorable forum meltdown when Simpson and Obertan starts and Perch displaces Anita in midfield. Ranger takes Gouffran's place on the bench.

Get a hold of the game early and silence the crowd. He needs to ask the players to be brave, the new players to play their natural game and express themselves. This will put fear into Villa. If we start slowly and look hesitant and are too rigid I fear the worst. The players have to feel this is a fresh start and every game is winnable. There is more than enough resources now to put points on the board. But pard must be brave, he must give the players confidence and freedom. We'll see.

We've got some tricky fixtures coming up after the Villa game. Pards really does need to be brave and try and win this one. No need to go all guns blazing, just don't sit back too deep either. Put the quality players on the pitch and let them do their stuff.

All of this is spot on. If we sit back too much and invite them on they'll only grow in confidence. That said our play was so much better with Cabaye in the side against Reading and went to shit when he came off. With him in the side and probably Sissoko we should have much more control over things and have the ability for the sucker punch. The Williamson factor has also thankfully been removed. Definitely need to start strong though.

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I've lost whatever little trust I had in Pardew in the past few weeks, but f*** me how the hell would he get away with doing anything like you suggest? The circumstances are completely different to the above scenario. He is also a different person with different experience now! Is it not possible that he has learned something from that fiasco?

Granted Pardew wasn't involved in what names we signed, but I'm fairly certain he knows our weaknesses, and will play the new players, moving heaven and earth for them in fact, as he knows they are the only chance we have of staying up.

The circumstances are far from completely different - at West Ham, they were fighting against relegation just as we are now and it wasn't until he was pressured into playing Tevez regularly that they escaped....if you remember, Sheff Utd tried to get the Hammers relegated in their place because there was an irregularity with Tevez' registration or something and they said it was his goals that saved W Ham....

I do remember yes.

1) This was a few years ago, and Pardew will have learned from that

2) The Tevez/Mascherano transfers were dodgy, they didn't speak a word of English, and had no compatriots to help them settle in. Our new players will have a much easier time settling in.

Do you know whether the new players speak English or not ? There are not just French speaking players in the side....

Also, Pardew's record at Charlton and Southampton suggests he doesn't learn from past mistakes....time will tell about that one....!

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I've lost whatever little trust I had in Pardew in the past few weeks, but f*** me how the hell would he get away with doing anything like you suggest? The circumstances are completely different to the above scenario. He is also a different person with different experience now! Is it not possible that he has learned something from that fiasco?

Granted Pardew wasn't involved in what names we signed, but I'm fairly certain he knows our weaknesses, and will play the new players, moving heaven and earth for them in fact, as he knows they are the only chance we have of staying up.

The circumstances are far from completely different - at West Ham, they were fighting against relegation just as we are now and it wasn't until he was pressured into playing Tevez regularly that they escaped....if you remember, Sheff Utd tried to get the Hammers relegated in their place because there was an irregularity with Tevez' registration or something and they said it was his goals that saved W Ham....

I do remember yes.

1) This was a few years ago, and Pardew will have learned from that

2) The Tevez/Mascherano transfers were dodgy, they didn't speak a word of English, and had no compatriots to help them settle in. Our new players will have a much easier time settling in.

They where also by some distance the best players at the club. Mascherano couldn't even get a game. He's captained Argentina and won the CL. Tevez also went on to win the CL. It was unbelievably daft on his behalf. thats two world-class players thrown on your lap and he messed it up. As soon as they got regular game time they hit the ground running too.

He's still the same manager as he was 2 weeks ago.

Pretty sucky.

True, but not necessarily bad enough to be given 5 quality players and decide not to use them.

My post wasn't related to that discussion, sorry. Just a general statement.

No one in Newcastle is daft enough not to use our new players, but if I had to put my money on someone to do so - it would be pards, like  :lol:

I think the situation with Tevez and Mascherano is only one example, and it's also a quite different situation. They were two random players that were forced on Pardew, with very dubious motivation, ownership and all that. Yes, it turned out that Tevez was a top pro even though his career is mired in strangeness, but was that as clear at the time?

Anyway, we've have made fairly normal signings that fit our squad culture and our buying policy, and we have them on long deals. There's no reason at all for Pardew to resent them, in fact he will thank his luck stars he's got them. There's no reason at all to think he won't utilise them fully.

He didn't notice that they were by far better than anything else in that team. That still worries me today. You have Carlton Cole and Hayden Mullins playing over Mascherano and Tevez.

Left Hatem out for a long long time.

cue replies about attitude, laziness, not fully fit. ;)

He either handled it amazingly well (as if it made Hatem act more professional and raise his level of performance to get noticed) or he's a fucking idiot for not playing our best player :lol: still unsure about the whole saga.

In the short term, Hatem would have been lightyears better than having Obertan play. In the long term, did it help us? Who knows.

Personally would start ALL the French tomorrow and Pards should plant the tricolor on the center circle before the game and 'come at me bro' to the crowd.

:lol:

After recent sensible comments and all these spectacular signings he's bought himself more time. However I'm finding it quite easy to forget about everything prior to and including January when I shouldn't. He's been woeful.

Left Hatem out for a long long time.

cue replies about attitude, laziness, not fully fit. ;)

He either handled it amazingly well (as if it made Hatem act more professional and raise his level of performance to get noticed) or he's a fucking idiot for not playing our best player :lol: still unsure about the whole saga.

In the short term, Hatem would have been lightyears better than having Obertan play. In the long term, did it help us? Who knows.

Well Hatem has adapted his game well, barely shown any of his past attitude problems, is the first name on the managers team sheet, and seems to have a great deal of respect for Pardew, again fighting his corner in his recent interviews...

So I'd go with yes.

Without any of us knowing what happened behind the scenes obviusly, I'm happy to go along with the idea that Pardew handled his reintroduction after his injury as well as could be hoped for.

Easily believe he'll start Jonas over Sissoko. Probs keep Jonas on despite a totally insipid display and bring on The Moose to replace Cabaye (who will probs need replacing) after 70 mins.

Don't think he'll start Willo.

Not sure with Shola, wouldn't be surprised if he did. Don't know what Pards see's in Shola but whatever it is, Pards clearly thinks it's invaluable!

Think we'll win this one no matter what Pards does. Think the underperforming players will up their game (Colo, Santon, Cisse and to an extent Marveaux). Jonas and Shola can't do any better imho.

Easily believe he'll start Jonas over Sissoko. Probs keep Jonas on despite a totally insipid display and bring on The Moose to replace Cabaye (who will probs need replacing) after 70 mins.

Don't think he'll start Willo.

Not sure with Shola, wouldn't be surprised if he did. Don't know what Pards see's in Shola but whatever it is, Pards clearly thinks it's invaluable!

Think we'll win this one no matter what Pards does. Think the underperforming players will up their game (Colo, Santon, Cisse and to an extent Marveaux). Jonas and Shola can't do any better imho.

many have

I won't be too upset with him as long as Mapou starts. But with all of the press regarding Sissoko, the lad has got to start man :lol: Would be some cruel stuff for us to wait until the glorious 60-something minute to bring him in.

I won't be too upset with him as long as Mapou starts. But with all of the press regarding Sissoko, the lad has got to start man :lol: Would be some cruel stuff for us to wait until the glorious 60-something minute to bring him in.

training time with the team or lack thereof would be the only reason not to start him, the rest would have had a week or near enough to settle in

Personally would start ALL the French tomorrow and Pards should plant the tricolor on the center circle before the game and 'come at me bro' to the crowd.

Oh he's ready.. dressed to inspire

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6374/alanpardewf.jpg