Alan Pardew

Dave

I would understand Taylor getting the nod but I really hope Pardew grows a set of balls and gives Mbiwa his full debut, he has to sometime and with Taylor just returning from a long lay-off their isn't a better excuse for him to be dropped.

If Williamson starts though I'll eat Pardew's face.

Sissoko will start. So will Steven Taylor.

That's what I reckon will happen.

Would honestly be baffling for him to start Taylor. Yanga-Mbiwa has exactly the right type of temperament to come in to things straight away.

I wouldn't really understand Taylor getting the nod over Yanga-Mbiwa.  If Taylor had been fully fit for the season, that's one thing, but he's not.

Taylor's been out for so long, Yanga-Mbiwa's been playing.  I know about the whole "bedding in" thing, and that's certainly a factor, but rushing an injury-prone centre half back into a starting role in a critical match seems riskier than playing a damn good, if unfamiliar with the PL, centre half who's completely healthy.

Well its not going to get any easier for a debut with Chelsea & Spuds coming up next.

Think it will be close, but i reckon Pardew will favour Mbiwa, though is trying to give Taylor hope of starting as well.

Think Taylor will be watching from the bench.

Would honestly be baffling for him to start Taylor. Yanga-Mbiwa has exactly the right type of temperament to come in to things straight away.

I think a factor will be how shit Villa are at defending corners and that Taylor is probably our biggest threat from them.

Plus Taylor already has a decent understanding with Colo and they've always done very well as a partnership.

Not saying I fully agree, just that I can see where he's coming from if that's how he plays it.

Would new signings piss off/upset or put off Villa players and mainly the fans? Us parading all our new shiny players, them being told no one is coming in, probably a couple out.

Mind games...start them all.  :D

I think a factor will be how s*** Villa are at defending corners and that Taylor is probably our biggest threat from them.

Plus Taylor already has a decent understanding with Colo and they've always done very well as a partnership.

Not saying I fully agree, just that I can see where he's coming from if that's how he plays it.

Everything depends on whether Saylor is fit to start obviously. No point risking him of course, but it would be good for him to get back in amongst it, whilst taking a little bit of pressure of the Yanga-Mbiwa debut. I would be happy to see both get some playing time ahead of the tough fixtures coming up.

I think a factor will be how s*** Villa are at defending corners and that Taylor is probably our biggest threat from them.

Everything depends on whether Saylor is fit to start obviously. No point risking him of course, but it would be good for him to get back in amongst it, whilst taking a little bit of pressure of the Yanga-Mbiwa debut. I would be happy to see both get some playing time ahead of the tough fixtures coming up.

could easily understand it if saylor was fully fit. depends if he is though.

My secretary was very, very pleased to type up the list of players who are travelling. She said it was the first time she had not had to put any young reserve players in there, so it cheered her up, if nothing else.

:lol:

Krul

Boosh

Mbiwa

Colo

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Marveaux

Cisse

Gouffran

Throw them all in and ask them to attack as much as possible. Think Villa look a bit brittle and fragile and scoring first down there might see some heads go down. If we score first then we need to keep going fr the second and ideally the third, none of this sitting back and giving the opposition the initiative. That hasn't worked for a while. Be positive and fucking get at them.

My secretary was very, very pleased to type up the list of players who are travelling. She said it was the first time she had not had to put any young reserve players in there, so it cheered her up, if nothing else.

:lol:

Bet she was dreaming about Cabaye and Debuchy, in a hot tub, oiling each other in.  :cloud:

Krul

Boosh

Mbiwa

Colo

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Marveaux

Cisse

Gouffran

Throw them all in and ask them to attack as much as possible. Think Villa look a bit brittle and fragile and scoring first down there might see some heads go down. If we score first then we need to keep going fr the second and ideally the third, none of this sitting back and giving the opposition the initiative. That hasn't worked for a while. Be positive and f***ing get at them.

:thup: