Alan Pardew

Dave

Granted Pardew wasn't involved in what names we signed, but I'm fairly certain he knows our weaknesses, and will play the new players, moving heaven and earth for them in fact, as he knows they are the only chance we have of staying up.

I would agree with that like - seen some daft comments from people suggesting he'll play Williamson against Villa - the bloke isn't blind, he knows Willo's limitations as well as the rest of us, he's just had zero alternatives for the position lately.

There's still plenty of scope for Pard to f*** this s*** up.

:lol: Tomorrow night's team sheet is going to be one of the most eagerly awaited in a long while...

He has to play the best players or the consequences of a loss to Villa are unimaginable with the games that are coming up. If the the new boys (who are a class above) play and we win, then it will give confidence and breathing space.

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I've lost whatever little trust I had in Pardew in the past few weeks, but f*** me how the hell would he get away with doing anything like you suggest? The circumstances are completely different to the above scenario. He is also a different person with different experience now! Is it not possible that he has learned something from that fiasco?

Granted Pardew wasn't involved in what names we signed, but I'm fairly certain he knows our weaknesses, and will play the new players, moving heaven and earth for them in fact, as he knows they are the only chance we have of staying up.

The circumstances are far from completely different - at West Ham, they were fighting against relegation just as we are now and it wasn't until he was pressured into playing Tevez regularly that they escaped....if you remember, Sheff Utd tried to get the Hammers relegated in their place because there was an irregularity with Tevez' registration or something and they said it was his goals that saved W Ham....

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I've lost whatever little trust I had in Pardew in the past few weeks, but f*** me how the hell would he get away with doing anything like you suggest? The circumstances are completely different to the above scenario. He is also a different person with different experience now! Is it not possible that he has learned something from that fiasco?

The circumstances are far from completely different - at West Ham, they were fighting against relegation just as we are now and it wasn't until he was pressured into playing Tevez regularly that they escaped....if you remember, Sheff Utd tried to get the Hammers relegated in their place because there was an irregularity with Tevez' registration or something and they said it was his goals that saved W Ham....

I do remember yes.

1) This was a few years ago, and Pardew will have learned from that

2) The Tevez/Mascherano transfers were dodgy, they didn't speak a word of English, and had no compatriots to help them settle in. Our new players will have a much easier time settling in.

:lol: Tomorrow night's team sheet is going to be one of the most eagerly awaited in a long while...

I can just imagine the pulse an hour before kick off.

Then 60 minutes of the most memorable forum meltdown when Simpson and Obertan starts and Perch displaces Anita in midfield. Ranger takes Gouffran's place on the bench.

I think the situation with Tevez and Mascherano is only one example, and it's also a quite different situation. They were two random players that were forced on Pardew, with very dubious motivation, ownership and all that. Yes, it turned out that Tevez was a top pro even though his career is mired in strangeness, but was that as clear at the time?

Anyway, we've have made fairly normal signings that fit our squad culture and our buying policy, and we have them on long deals. There's no reason at all for Pardew to resent them, in fact he will thank his luck stars he's got them. There's no reason at all to think he won't utilise them fully.

Hadn't Pardew already been sacked before Tevez started playing regularly?

Curbs on SSN "when you bring in four new players its four players out into the wilderness".. It was 5 new players and those out into the wilderness and mainly young kids that need to be on the youth team anyway.

Curbs on SSN "when you bring in four new players its four players out into the wilderness".. It was 5 new players and those out into the wilderness and mainly young kids that need to be on the youth team anyway.

Kind of a pointless comment, if you didn't want to replace those four players anyway, you wouldn't be making the signings.

Then 60 minutes of the most memorable forum meltdown when Simpson and Obertan starts and Perch displaces Anita in midfield. Ranger takes Gouffran's place on the bench.

Get a hold of the game early and silence the crowd. He needs to ask the players to be brave, the new players to play their natural game and express themselves. This will put fear into Villa. If we start slowly and look hesitant and are too rigid I fear the worst. The players have to feel this is a fresh start and every game is winnable. There is more than enough resources now to put points on the board. But pard must be brave, he must give the players confidence and freedom. We'll see.

Get a hold of the game early and silence the crowd. He needs to ask the players to be brave, the new players to play their natural game and express themselves. This will put fear into Villa. If we start slowly and look hesitant and are too rigid I fear the worst. The players have to feel this is a fresh start and every game is winnable. There is more than enough resources now to put points on the board. But pard must be brave, he must give the players confidence and freedom. We'll see.

We've got some tricky fixtures coming up after the Villa game. Pards really does need to be brave and try and win this one. No need to go all guns blazing, just don't sit back too deep either. Put the quality players on the pitch and let them do their stuff.

The games against Chelsea and Spurs are the sort of games the new players came here to play. Pardew should instill the confidence in them (esp. Sissoko and MYM) that they can make the difference to us to win.

Pardew obviously isn't going to play Williamson, and I highly doubt he'll start Shola, however I'll be shocked if Jonas isn't playing.

That will be an interesting one for sure - people (including me) have been assuming he'll always pick Jonas because he likes his workrate, but in terms of form and forward momentum we actually now have some serious alternatives...