Alan Pardew

Dave

Don't think a foreign manager at this stage of the season is wise. Purely because it seems to take them a while to adjust and we don't have any time in the slightest, in the summer aye once we are safe. Good point though Disco, might be best not bring in a French manager.

Dont we still have more English players than French, in the first team squad anyway?

Aye but most of them tbf are shit.

TBH I'm not against foreign players in the slightest I just think it's a bit short sighted in a way to get them all from one place, would much prefer a mix like most other teams have done it.

I'm torn on whether it'd be wise to have a French manager, would do nothing for the non-French speaking part of the squad.

Yeah i'm not sold on the idea of a french manager either.

Granted, I'm just wondering if people still think we couldn't attract a good manager, given the squad we now have.

I'm torn on whether it'd be wise to have a French manager, would do nothing for the non-French speaking part of the squad.

Granted, I'm just wondering if people still think we couldn't attract a good manager, given the squad we now have.

Course we would, owners & alleged poor managerial wages aside we're a massive draw. Home or abroad. Most managers would want to test themselves in the PL and the opportunity to be the first NUFC manager in a lifetime to bring home a trophy would be massive I'd assume.

Don't like the comments on the youth players one bit tbh. It's all well and good challenging them to stake a place in the team but he is going too far.

He's never in the wrong though, about anything, at some point everyone gets the blame, even us.

Aye but most of them tbf are s***.

TBH I'm not against foreign players in the slightest I just think it's a bit short sighted in a way to get them all from one place, would much prefer a mix like most other teams have done it.

I'm with you on that, we need to strike a balance.

Course we would, owners & alleged poor managerial wages aside we're a massive draw. Home or abroad. Most managers would want to test themselves in the PL and the opportunity to be the first NUFC manager in a lifetime to bring home a trophy would be massive I'd assume.

:thup:

Don't get me wrong, I still think Pardew deserves his last chance, he has no excuses now so needs to show he can do it with all the tools at his disposal. If he doesn't get us moving then he needs to go in the summer. But looking forward I think a French manager, providing his pedigree, would do well. Don't believe in the isolation comments, Wenger's done a sterling job in the past in similar circumstances.

As long as the bloke has a decent grasp of the language i honestly don't care what his passport says, if Pardew does go i just want the best man for the job.

He can be Russian for all i care, as long as he can speak English and gets the best out of the players i couldn't care less.

As long as the bloke has a decent grasp of the language i honestly don't care what his passport says, if Pardew does go i just want the best man for the job.

He can be Russian for all i care, as long as he can speak English and gets the best out of the players i couldn't care less.

I want everybody at the club to be the best that we can get, having said that, I do feel slightly uncomfortable with the number of French players that we're signing and I would feel the same if we appointed a French manager.  I'm over the moon with most of our French players while not feeling totally as ease with where we're going with it. 

To try and put my feelings into perspective, Sissoko looks like a brilliant signing and I’m delighted that we’ve got him.  I really wanted Debuchy to come here and I'm just as pleased that we've signed Yanga-Mbiwa and feel uneasy at the same time.

Dont we still have more English players than French, in the first team squad anyway?

Aye but most of them tbf are s***.

I think the only reason we have scouted so much in france, is because we get more value for money, simple as. We do need a mixture of players from different countries, and i am sure in time we will. I also am sure i read somewhere ages ago that Pards only allows the foreign players to speak in English when at training/matches as well, which is better for team bonding etc

My only concern is if things don't go too well, factions could form. We've already seen rumours of that, and once the new players settle in we'll have virtually all of our key players being native French speakers. Without being unkind, our coaching staff isn't exactly cosmopolitan. :laugh:

Meh, cross that bridge when (if) we come to it. Good players > all.

I do not want a french manager tbh.

I want a danish, part of the Laudrup family, and its not Brian.

Don't like the comments on the youth players one bit tbh. It's all well and good challenging them to stake a place in the team but he is going too far.

He's never in the wrong though, about anything, at some point everyone gets the blame, even us.

That's not true... He's held his hands up on a couple of occasions... I think everyone critising him are going a bit over the top... He's got a good squad now... Lets see how things go in the final third of the season...

Guest neesy111

Laurent Blanc would fit very well into this team right about now.

Blanc & Ben Arfa isnt a good combination, tbh.

Like we should decide a manager because of 1 player.

I'm not to worried about all the french speakers because who are they going to upset? Great english speaking players like Williamson, Simpson and Elliot? They can have a whinge about it sat at home on saturdays. Short term, i think its a plus. Cabs, Debuchy and Sissoko are mates aren't they? And the international lads should know MYM. It should allow players to bed in alot quicker when there are some familiar faces around and you'd hope there will be less finger pointing, less blaming each other when its with people who you know personally rather than just people you work with.

Long term it's probably not great and will need to be addressed but i fail to see how signing five players who all speak completely different languages who come from different cultures would be preferable to players who should know each other and know some of the people already in the squad.

How long will Pardew be given to turn the ship around now the squad has been bolstered, I wonder? Got a great opportunity to give himself some breathing space against Villa, and people will be lenient about the following two fixtures (no doubt with lots of Wullie-infuriating positives to take from the matches) I think.

If he were to go, I think the squad would certainly require a sophisticated(, possibly continental) manager - which would at least rule out a Joe Kinnear type from Ashley's thinking, you would think :lol: