Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

The scary thing is, had we not went on that mad January spending spree, we would be looking at a very very realistic season of Championship football next season. He has to go, seriously. There is nothing remotely good about this NUFC team other than the individual talent of the players. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We are tactically poor. Our set pieces are poor. We are average at home and shocking away from home. We cannot hold onto leads, we cannot win from behind, we are such a sorry mess of a team despite having a very good squad of players. We will not improve significantly next season, we will struggle again just as we are this season and that's because our manager is fucking clueless.

The scary thing is, had we not went on that mad January spending spree, we would be looking at a very very realistic season of Championship football next season. He has to go, seriously. There is nothing remotely good about this NUFC team other than the individual talent of the players. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We are tactically poor. Our set pieces are poor. We are average at home and shocking away from home. We cannot hold onto leads, we cannot win from behind, we are such a sorry mess of a team despite having a very good squad of players. We will not improve significantly next season, we will struggle again just as we are this season and that's because our manager is fucking clueless.

What's your point?

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw, our 'esteemed' manager in a talk-in right at the start of the season, actually said he was targeting a top 4 finish. We had the players he said. A few weeks into our Europa League campaign and we didn't even have the players for that according to him. He's a fucking fraud and I for one have not enjoyed any single aspect of this season which has been a a car wreck write-off from start to hopefully a soon finish.

I think everyone is aware of that - we've all seen the league table.  We've underperformed this season.  I would have thought that it would be sensible to see how we get on next season.

If he underperforms next season with this squad, I would have no qualms about moving Pardew on.

We've got no choice, unfortunately, I would personally rather not take that risk while understanding that we're almost certainly going to.

Guest Howaythetoon

The scary thing is, had we not went on that mad January spending spree, we would be looking at a very very realistic season of Championship football next season. He has to go, seriously. There is nothing remotely good about this NUFC team other than the individual talent of the players. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We are tactically poor. Our set pieces are poor. We are average at home and shocking away from home. We cannot hold onto leads, we cannot win from behind, we are such a sorry mess of a team despite having a very good squad of players. We will not improve significantly next season, we will struggle again just as we are this season and that's because our manager is f***ing clueless.

What's your point?

What's yours? Mine is patently fucking obvious :lol:

Why shouldn't we be aiming to qualify for it when we came within one game of it last season and have since strengthened significantly? ???

Look who we are up against.

What, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton?

We can't compete with them? Really?

Let's say we compete with those next season (I would include Liverpool as well who will no doubt outspend us again this summer), would you say there is enough quality and depth with our current squad to definitely finish above any of them?

Would you be happy if we finished 8th but were half a dozen points off the highest placed team in that list?

I don't think 8th is good enough so no. That's mid-table.

Completing is more fitting, atm we are completing with the performances of the bottom 10 teams, can't see how this could all change next season. At one Point we were playing QPR for the team with the worst performances.

If we are as healthy in all other positions of the pitch as we are in CM then we should do well.

Cisse needs more competition/not all the goalscoring responsibility and players like Jonas & Williamson need to be true squad players. The amount of games they have played this season isn't good enough. Williamson must have played nearly as many as any centre back.

I have been very disappointed with Tiote this season and for me his performances are entirely on him.

Pardew showed a chink in his uber-defensive armour in the run in so I am fairly confident if we start well we will see a lot better football.

The scary thing is, had we not went on that mad January spending spree, we would be looking at a very very realistic season of Championship football next season. He has to go, seriously. There is nothing remotely good about this NUFC team other than the individual talent of the players. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We are tactically poor. Our set pieces are poor. We are average at home and shocking away from home. We cannot hold onto leads, we cannot win from behind, we are such a sorry mess of a team despite having a very good squad of players. We will not improve significantly next season, we will struggle again just as we are this season and that's because our manager is f***ing clueless.

What's your point?

What's yours? Mine is patently fucking obvious :lol:

thatsthejoke.png

Guest Howaythetoon

I am fairly confident if we start well we will see a lot better football.

You actually believe we will start playing better football? Pardew has been here for over 2 seasons almost if you like and I can count perhaps maybe 10 games in which we have played what you would describe as good football, the rest has been awful long ball negative shit or scatty limp performances.

On the other hand, if we'd made those signings in the summer like we should have, I bet we'd have been a lot nearer the top 8 and Pardew wouldn't be under half as much pressure.

On the other hand, if we'd made those signings in the summer like we should have, I bet we'd have been a lot nearer the top 8 and Pardew wouldn't be under half as much pressure.

The other side of the coin  :kasper:

Why shouldn't we be aiming to qualify for it when we came within one game of it last season and have since strengthened significantly? ???

Look who we are up against.

What, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton?

We can't compete with them? Really?

Let's say we compete with those next season (I would include Liverpool as well who will no doubt outspend us again this summer), would you say there is enough quality and depth with our current squad to definitely finish above any of them?

Would you be happy if we finished 8th but were half a dozen points off the highest placed team in that list?

I don't think 8th is good enough so no. That's mid-table.

Personally think it's unrealistic to expect to finish above those teams, all of those teams have been well established up there while we have had relegation and basically put a whole team back together whilst shifting a lot of dead wood. All but Everton have and will continue to spend a hell of a lot more too.

If we are talking about the club then I would agree we should be up there. Talking solely about the manager and the resources he has then I don't see it as a failure if he finished below those clubs.

I couldn't agree more. Summed up very well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe so but we started the season in a much stronger position than the season before as a first-team, as a squad, in every way possible, yet come January, we were looking at a relegation spot. To be where we were in Jan regardless was nothing short of pathetic. Sides with lesser players and smaller squads are and have been above us. Is Everton's first-team as good as ours was at the start of the season?

To put things into perspective, we've lost 14 league games this season- only Wigan (16) and Reading (15) have lost more than us. That means we've lost half our games this campaign. Yeah, class manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway, there can be no more excuses for Pardew. He has compared to any other manager under Ashley, won the fucking lottery basically with the signings he has had and the squad he now has.

Both are to blame. Squad investment in the summer wasn't good enough, Pardew's management under that increased pressure hasn't been good enough.

As I said before, all we can hope for is that everyone involved learns lessons from it and the same mistakes aren't repeated to this extent. Sacking a manager for one poor season is every bit as short-sighted as giving a manager an eight-year contract for one good season IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

To put things into perspective, we've lost 14 league games this season- only Wigan (16) and Reading (15) have lost more than us. That means we've lost half our games this campaign. Yeah, class manager.

Manager of the year man. Finished 5th man.

Anyway, there can be no more excuses for Pardew. He has compared to any other manager under Ashley, won the fucking lottery basically with the signings he has had and the squad he now has.

:thup:

I am fairly confident if we start well we will see a lot better football.

You actually believe we will start playing better football? Pardew has been here for over 2 seasons almost if you like and I can count perhaps maybe 10 games in which we have played what you would describe as good football, the rest has been awful long ball negative shit or scatty limp performances.

Pardew is a scared manager, doesn't like risks but when things are going well and he has a bit of breathing room he allows us to be a bit more adventurous.

We never play amazing football but there are improvements when the pressure is off.

If pick up results early I am certain we will look a lot better.

Still think the first team's generally propped up by a load of rubbish and key players aren't performing as well as they should.

That said, tactically he'll always hold us back and when that's compounded by ridiculous inclusions in the first Xl it's difficult to construct a decent defence for the guy.

We won half of our games last campaign. Yeah, shit manager. :lol:

Do you not think the answer so far is more likely to be somewhere between the two?

Guest Howaythetoon

Still think the first team's generally propped up by a load of rubbish and key players aren't performing as well as they should.

That said, tactically he'll always hold us back and when that's compounded by ridiculous inclusions in the first Xl it's difficult to construct a decent defence for the guy.

I disagree, not when you compare us to most other sides. Even Man Utd by their standards is propped up by some rubbish. No club has 22 world-class players. We have as good a squad as any outside of Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. We are now on a par with Spurs and Arsenal in terms of squad.

Our key players are not performing as well as they can or should because of the system, tactics, coaching etc.

Cisse wide right. Ba a target man. Cabaye a quarter-back. Ben Arfa a wing-back. Jonas still being selected. Tiote a hard man. Even this so-called 10 position of Sisoko, bull shit. He's not playing that role or position whatsoever. He does eventually find himself in such a position/role but only due to the game opening up and other game factors etc. He doesn't start as a number 10 or play that role from kick-off. With Goufran in the side there is no need whatsoever for Jonas.

Guest Howaythetoon

We won half of our games last campaign. Yeah, s*** manager. :lol:

Do you not think the answer so far is more likely to be somewhere between the two?

If we are talking in the proof is in the pudding sense, then I refer you to Pardew's CV. The answer most certainly isn't between the two.