Alan Pardew

Dave

if the 100m is to be spent on NUFC i suspect it'll go towards our attempt at a newfangled academy, not necessarily players. Is a lot of money to spread around though. I don't think though Ashley is going to break his spending policy for players.

Guest Roger Kint

if the 100m is to be spent on NUFC i suspect it'll go towards our attempt at a newfangled academy, not necessarily players. Is a lot of money to spread around though. I don't think though Ashley is going to break his spending policy for players.

Wasnt it said he is buying a stake in House of Fraser and not using it on us?

And i heard a new academy/training ground was in the planning stages regardless.

Honest question. Who do we think has the most influence over the result of the match. Would be interesting to guage as a percentage, eg:

Manager: 20%

Players: 70%

Crowd: 10%

This blows my f***ing mind, bloke at work pipes up with it all the time. 20% for the manager? I :lol:

Someone else said it I think, even if this was true you can judge a manager by what he does to change things when they're not working. I shouldn't have to explain that any further.

Pardew is not a good manager, he's not a terrible one, but he's certainly not good enough for us.

Someone should tell Fergie he can have 20% credit for the last 25+ years ffs.

I think you missed my point. I meant from the point of kick off. Obviously if you want to get technical, you could in theory say Owner 100%, Manager 0% if you are Man City.

This thread blew up after the Swansea game. I thought we were setup correctly and dominated parts of the game. So, the preparations were obviously not dreadful. Then in the dying moments, a defensive mistake and we lose.

Everyone blames Pardew. So my point above was. How much influence did he really have after the kickoff?

Interesting point - Ashley has just cashed in 100m worth of shares in SD..there is speculation as to what he will do with it and it seems to be a toss-up between buying a stake in House of Fraser, or spending it on the team.

How many feel he would still be happy to keep Pardew at the helm if this does happen..?

How many on here would be happy with 100m worth of players arriving to be coached by the current manager..?

NUFC became just another business to him once the fun stopped. The setup is now in place to keep it ticking over, build it to a point of self sustainability, or even a little better.

Do you think the welts are healed enough for him to enjoy throwing more (in all likelihood irrecoverable) money at it again?

I think he's through the worst of his tenure now though, he seems to be caring about the club again in his own way. Obviously he won't suddenly start poring more of his own money in like.

Guest bimpy474

As a massive critic of Pardew, mainly for the terrible football he had the team playing, and the set penises....enough said about them.

But i've been encouraged by the football since the new lads came in, now adding Ben Arfa to that....

We have seemingly taken to dissecting every loss or poorer performance. The two losses since the transfer window have had decent play from us, so while i still have little faith in Pardew i see no reason to bash him at the moment.

As a massive critic of Pardew, mainly for the terrible football he had the team playing, and the set penises....enough said about them.

But i've been encouraged by the football since the new lads came in, now adding Ben Arfa to that....

We have seemingly taken to dissecting every loss or poorer performance. The two losses since the transfer window have had decent play from us, so while i still have little faith in Pardew i see no reason to bash him at the moment.

:thup:

when, when he finally gets us to safety and keeps us up then he's got another full season to turn it all around and i wouldn't necessarily deny him that myself, as big a critic as i am

there are some signs he's developing, maybe, but part of me truly think it's him having no other option than to abandon his plan a due to the fact we're not signing the cloggers he needs for that game...in my heart of hearts i don't believe he believes in free-flowing attacking football and that shines through even with the players he now has at his disposal

no-one should ever forget how truly awful he was when his back was against the wall this season because that's what defines him as a manager, not having 4 new quality players handed to him on a plate and then getting them to play some decent football

TBF to him he has managed to incorporate some less than brilliant players throughout his time here, without them necessary having as bad an effect on the team as we expected.

I share some of the reservations about whether he really believes in attacking football though. Not that believing in attacking football is necessarily essential to being a good manager, it's just that most fans want it (especially here).

TBF to him he has managed to incorporate some less than brilliant players throughout his time here, without them necessary having as bad an effect on the team as we expected.

I share some of the reservations about whether he really believes in attacking football though. Not that believing in attacking football is necessarily essential to being a good manager, it's just that most fans want it (especially here).

well, it's going to be relatively important given that we've got a squad full of gifted attacking players with technical ability and very few who are suited to closing games out etc.

Guest bimpy474

when, when he finally gets us to safety and keeps us up then he's got another full season to turn it all around and i wouldn't necessarily deny him that myself, as big a critic as i am

there are some signs he's developing, maybe, but part of me truly think it's him having no other option than to abandon his plan a due to the fact we're not signing the cloggers he needs for that game...in my heart of hearts i don't believe he believes in free-flowing attacking football and that shines through even with the players he now has at his disposal

no-one should ever forget how truly awful he was when his back was against the wall this season because that's what defines him as a manager, not having 4 new quality players handed to him on a plate and then getting them to play some decent football

I'm definitely in your corner on this, i won't comment on the football for most of this season as i've ranted enough about how crap it was. I think if he starts next season poorly it'll be interesting to see how the board react, especially if Ashley lets us buy a couple more players in the summer.

Guest VanBarduck
"I have even grown a beard because Russian people are famous for great beards."

If we played a game in Ireland no doubt he'll turn up with a giant leprechaun hat on

If we played a game in Ireland no doubt he'll turn up with a giant leprechaun hat on

He actually says 'Russia people' in the interview.

He has such a basic grasp of the English language. :lol:

He actually says 'Russia people' in the interview.

He has such a basic grasp of the English language. :lol:

You dun need talk good if yous a handsome devil like Pardew.

I give him credit for trying something completely different today. We'll see how it turns out, but I like that he's thinking outside the box.

Though I get the feeling he thinks this a "weak" line-up, so we can go "full-strength" with Shola and Whirlwind against Stoke. :lol:

I give him credit for trying something completely different today. We'll see how it turns out, but I like that he's thinking outside the box.

Though I get the feeling he thinks this a "weak" line-up, so we can go "full-strength" with Shola and Whirlwind against Stoke. :lol:

I agree. Quite bold to play a technical team on account of the plastic pitch. We'll see how it goes but fair play, I wouldn't have pinned him as being a horses for courses type before today.

Guest Dontooner

As bold as i like the line up, our passing in their half is piss poor. Makes me miss Cisse movement as a striker.

Guest Dontooner

As bold as i like the line up, our passing in their half is p*ss poor. Makes me miss Cisse movement as a striker.

Cisse? Movement? :yao:

Yeah his offside moves does trouble the CBs , didnt notice it was quite so impact full.

A game with all Midfielders shows we have no threat through the middle.