Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardews great at getting the basics out of defensive minded players. Perch, Raylor, Williamson (for a period), Jonas (defensive qualities) but stuggles massively at improving players decision making in the final third.

Didn't someone say a while ago that we spend most of the week working on the defence? Makes complete sense, as we are still relying on individuality in attack.

Wonder if he could hire a more techincal, attacking minded coach, to work with the attacking players.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardews great at getting the basics out of defensive minded players. Perch, Raylor, Williamson (for a period), Jonas (defensive qualities) but stuggles massively at improving players decision making in the final third.

Didn't someone say a while ago that we spend most of the week working on the defence? Makes complete sense, as we are still relying on individuality in attack.

Wonder if he could hire a more techincal, attacking minded coach, to work with the attacking players.

Does Beardsley have any contact with them at any point?

Does Beardsley have any contact with them at any point?

Just works with the youth players if i remember correctly. But good point.

Not sure on Beardo's coaching ability either but he certainly has the knowledge.

:lol:

Aye, as much as I would say a lot of the "in spite of Pardew" stuff has rang true in the league I don't think the same can be said here, IF he does win the Waffa (big IF) it'll be his doing.

What, why? :lol: Not even a collaborative effort?

Well when you bold "his" it does look like that is what I was trying to imply, yes :lol:

I think we've seen improvements in our attacking play, especially when it comes to getting to the byline, what we don't see as much is the backpass into the area for easy finishes or people attacking first post most of the time. Most of the players are generally new to the prem, and working on the defensive aspect of the game might not prove to be such a disaster at this point, as the prem in itself is quite a fast moving game and some of the players needs some getting used to time.

However, we should expect more of a system and general play later on as it's quite a big part of getting Cisse the chances he needs to score. Tbf his tally isn't bad considered the amount of chances he gets during games that actually are accountable and the systems he's been playing in.

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

How many players do you think have actually improved under Pardew? The first one that springs to mind is Perch. After that i'm a little stumped tbh.

Both Taylors, Coloccini last season, Krul. The rest of the team is pretty much Pardew's team anyway.

The reputation of the club was shit mangerwise when Pardew came in, sacking people left and right etc. Now Pardew has come in and taken us to the next level, with cooperation with our tremendous chief scout ofcourse. Hopefully in the next few years we can take another step. And managers will really look at Newcastle as a real opportunity in their career.

I really want to like Pardew more, he's here for the long term and has shown signs of promise as well as shite. We need a season next year where things don't conspire against us (ie decent summer transfer activity and fewer injuries), so he can be judged more fairly on his actual plans for the team.

I really want to like Pardew more, he's here for the long term and has shown signs of promise as well as s****. We need a season next year where things don't conspire against us (ie decent summer transfer window and fewer injuries), so he can be judged more fairly on his actual plans for the team.

I kind of agree, he's here for long term, he did well last season but there are just some aspects of our play that need addressing which never seem to go away

Hope he's badgering the board for some wingers in the summer. Our build up play using only the full backs out wide is becoming painful.

if wea are to continue with the 3 behind the 1, then we don't need wingers as all the players we have for the 3 are more than capable of drifting out to find space out wide, players who can play across that line or up front through the middle are more suited to what we have.

Hope he's badgering the board for some wingers in the summer. Our build up play using only the full backs out wide is becoming painful.

if wea are to continue with the 3 behind the 1, then we don't need wingers as all the players we have for the 3 are more than capable of drifting out to find space out wide, players who can play across that line or up front through the middle are more suited to what we have.

Disagree completely. Our lack of service from wide positions is really stifling us.

Its not the lack of service, it is the quality of service. We have plenty of players who are good with the ball at their feet and get into the right areas out wide, but our final delivery from wide areas is shocking...

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

How many players do you think have actually improved under Pardew? The first one that springs to mind is Perch. After that i'm a little stumped tbh.

Both Taylors, Coloccini last season, Krul. The rest of the team is pretty much Pardew's team anyway.

Colo was as good as he was in the Championship, he did not add to his 'skill set' since Hughton left. Saylor is playing to the standard he showed a few years ago when we all thought he'd be an England regular. Don't think Pardew coaches Krul tbh, think that will be the goalkeeping coach, like at every other club.

Disagree completely. Our lack of service from wide positions is really stifling us.

Our lack of early ball from the left is a real problem.