Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest icemanblue

There's been nothing, nada, zilch, in the press from any of these creative players desperate to escape. In fact, there has been several actual examples of the complete opposite. This argument is full to the brim with :anguish:

Who said anything about "desperate to escape"?

In a World Cup year, they'll want to be somewhere that can showcase their talents, not stifle them. Common fucking sense.

It's not 'common fucking sense', at all. It's a point of view born from relentless and unflinching negativity. Even if we'd repeated our performance from last season, we'd still be at risk of losing players to bigger clubs. That's just our lot, at the minute.

Negativity. :lol:

We're in a relegation battle and people are still peddling that shit?

Grow up ffs.

I'm not the one going on like a spoilt child, mate.

That'll be our international star (and definitely not overhyped) players who are all picked regularly by their national teams?

Where are they moving for these sums of money (£15m+)? Because it's only aside from the PL teams, RM, Barca, Juve and PSG and those in Russia/Ukraine/Turkey no-one has any money.

If anything given that most of them have been at best average this season clubs are less likely to want too buy them.

We had one good season, followed by one bad season and as far as I've seen there aren't any players suffering internationally for being here. Out of our two hottest commodities Cabaye looks like being made club captain and Ben Arfa keeps getting knacked. It's fair to say that like most of us none of the squad are probably sure what our true level is.

If we stay up the most likely option I can see is that they stick around to try and have another season like 11/12 without the Europe excuse and with a (hopefully) lighter injury list. If we have another season like this one then we'll really be struggling to keep them.

As always, we'll see.

Can't imagine any of the players are happy with how this season has panned out tbh. I think it's fair to assume there's also some disillusionment within the squad too and it's not that much of a jump to think a couple may be thinking of moving on.

Nothing to base this on, just a hunch but it wouldn't be the first time ambitious players have left a struggling team for a better one.

Exactly, people are going on like that's never ever happened. :lol:

No they aren't, it's just that you are going on like it's a certainty, which it isn't :lol:

We've got a lot of top class players IMO and I think it is a certainty that at least a couple will go, yes.

It's happened before and we've done well enough in the transfer market to replace them. We'd just come off the back of one of the worse runs in our history and signed Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy, Sissoko, Haidara and Gouffran ffs :lol:

If we stay up I think we'll spend again and will be a much stronger outfit next season than we were at the start of this.

Who is piling up to spend 25m+ on our best players btw?

Because that is what it will take at least....

Acting like they can just pack up and leave when they feel like it :lol:

Even if they do want to go they wont until we get a fee we are happy with.

For this reason i'm extremely comfortable about the whole situation.

Before they signed, the likes of Sissoko and Gouffran would have spoken to our other French players about Pardew and what the club was like generally. Clearly they didn't get a negative message, so I don't think we've got a lot of unhappy bunnies itching to go.

Next season will be the test. If the team continues to struggle at that point, then yes I can see some players wanting out.

I haven't quite made my mind up about Pardew. He's made some mistakes, but at the same time I don't think the squad we had when we started the season was as good as some people are suggesting.

Guest neesy111

He has to win next 2 home games to give himself breathing space for rest of the season.  Lose v Fulham and the knifes will be getting sharpened from a lot of angles.

Guest neesy111

I think hes crap but I have a hard tie arguing with what rich said and all jokes and frivolity aside hope he can prove me wrong. Sceptical given current approaches though which must change.

He had to admit to his failings, if he can't do that then it's very unlikely he'll be able to rectify them.

We had one good season, followed by one bad season and as far as I've seen there aren't any players suffering internationally for being here. Out of our two hottest commodities Cabaye looks like being made club captain and Ben Arfa keeps getting knacked. It's fair to say that like most of us none of the squad are probably sure what our true level is.

If we stay up the most likely option I can see is that they stick around to try and have another season like 11/12 without the Europe excuse and with a (hopefully) lighter injury list. If we have another season like this one then we'll really be struggling to keep them.

As always, we'll see.

This.

As always, we'll see.

Aye, think we'll see another season before any of the 'biggies' jump ship.

They'd be incredibly fickle to leave this summer tbh.

This is the same Yohan Cabaye who has been more or less acting like an agent for us man. Absolute fabricated hysteria.

As always, we'll see.

This constant mantra of 'well, the players like him.' I don't give a toss. I'd rather they were a little more in awe of him tbh, a bit more worried about putting in another average or worse performance. I'd rather our players respected him for his achievements and/or philosophy than just like cause he's 'really nice guy'.

This thread remind me of Groundhog day:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4e02c9abfdb621ec9e54614c805660e0/tumblr_mj6aujOBiH1r0rguho1_500.gif

Its almost like its stuck in an infinite loop....

This constant mantra of 'well, the players like him.' I don't give a toss. I'd rather they were a little more in awe of him tbh, a bit more worried about putting in another average or worse performance. I'd rather our players respected him for his achievements and/or philosophy than just like cause he's 'really nice guy'.

Aye, Ashley and Llambias recruiting someone respected for their achievements. Likely.

This thread remind me of Groundhog day:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4e02c9abfdb621ec9e54614c805660e0/tumblr_mj6aujOBiH1r0rguho1_500.gif

Off topic:

This film is about a guy who lives the same day everyday?

Sounds interesting!