Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

That's a fantastic way to start the season, HBA looking good, Ba getting that much needed goal before it became a major topic again. Three points above spurs. Love going to bed happy at 4am.

Get in, I never expected us to win, a draw at best.

Anyway clearly we aren't fully fit, clearly we need to work on our midfield and Simpson is still shit.

Ben Arfa was the MTM for me, a real positive performance for us, good to see him looking more physical and getting back in order to get the ball and cover Simpson.

Class result, Ben Arfa looks sharp man. 4-3-3 is exciting, need ba to rethink his stuff

Honestly this 4-3-3 thig is enough to make you cry. Just stick with it, and we will only get better and better.

We improve so much both offensively ad defensively in that setup.

Hey, at least Pardew saw sense at half time.

Get in, I never expected us to win, a draw at best.

Anyway clearly we aren't fully fit, clearly we need to work on our midfield and Simpson is still s***.

Ben Arfa was the MTM for me, a real positive performance for us, good to see him looking more physical and getting back in order to get the ball and cover Simpson.

simpson is not shit.

change in formation had to happen - cabaye with his lack of fitness looked awful in a midfield two, and tiote wasnt much better. we couldnt get a hold on the game. letting him drop deep as a static playmaker was an excellent move, and it also got ba involved in the game as he moved wide and dropped back. made us look more dangerous and allowed us more possession.

shows why people were rightly concerned with the formation at the start. :thup: