Atromitos vs NUFC [ELQ] - 23/08/12 at 6pm [BST]- Live on Premier Sports (PPV)

Beren

I'd start Campbell tbh. Throw him in at the deep end, it'd be good for him and if you were in his position you'd fucking love it to be told you're starting by Pards. Would show he trusts you and boost your confidence big time.

As Ba and Shola are injured, I do not think he will risk Cisse to start.  Think Campbell will start this one with Cisse on the bench.  We have very few other options up front.

The main thing is we keep the majority of the first team in good shape for Saturday.  Worst case, throw the lot at Atromistos on the return leg.

“Unfortunately we’ve experienced a number of enforced changes.” “Demba Ba is injured, Cheick Tiote is injured and Shane Ferguson is out.” “Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic are also out.”

“It’s a real shame because I was looking forward to them getting a chance in Europe for us.” “One or two of the younger players will be involved.” “It’s a chance for some of the new guys to impress.”

“Hopefully we’re all set for the game and we can progress.” “We’re still buoyed by the win over Tottenham Hotspur.” “We got a good result in our first game of the season.” “If we were offered a draw maybe we would take it.”

“But hopefully we can win the game and make things easier for the second leg.”

Wonder if we'll try the 4-3-3 with Cisse at the focal point?

Harper/Krul

Tavernier

Perch

Williamson

R.Taylor

Jonas/Amalfitano

Anita

Gosling

Marveaux

Cisse

Obertan

Subs: Harper/Krul, Bigirimana, Abeid, Campbell, Simpson, Jonas/Amalfitano, Good

19 man squad named on the OS.

No Ba, Colo, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ameobi (both), Vuckic, Ferguson, Abeid, Elliot or Good.

Looking at that makes me realise that we do already have a little bit more squad depth this year, if only because there are 8 or 9 youngsters supposedly pushing to be in first team squads.

Romain Amalfitano, Vurnon Anita, Gael Bigirimana, Yohan Cabaye, Adam Campbell, Papiss Cisse, Dan Gosling, Jonas Gutierrez, Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, James Perch, Davide Santon, Danny Simpson, James Tavernier, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson

---------------------------------------- Krul ----------------------------------------

Simpson ------------ Williamson ---------- Perch --------------------- Raylor

--------------------------- Gosling ---------- Anita -------------------------------

---- Obertan -------------------- Amalfitano ------------------- Marveaux ---

--------------------------------------- Cisse ---------------------------------------

Something along those lines? :dontknow:

Guest Roger Kint

We all know what's coming when Pardew says he'll be happy with a draw.

Aye people start reading too much into it.