Atromitos vs NUFC [ELQ] - 23/08/12 at 6pm [BST]- Live on Premier Sports (PPV)

Beren

I wonder if he was withdrawn with Thursday in mind, knowing that if he is out injured one of Ba or Cisse would (probably) have to play less than 48 hours before Chelsea away

Why would we decide to do that just before KO? :lol:

Well I didn't mean unprovoked :lol:

If he felt his hamstring a little bit there's every chance Pardew's just said "no risks, save yourself for Thursday"

The home leg will be horrendous if we do get beat :anguish:

if we get beat in the home league or had we been beat in the away ?

if we are slightly behind from the away leg then it will spark off the home leg.

if we are slightly behind from the away leg then it will spark off the home leg.

Whey both would be bad like :lol:

My post was losing there then pressure being on the home leg. Obviously you'd then expect a reaction like you say, but an occasion I'd rather avoid I think!

I wonder if he was withdrawn with Thursday in mind, knowing that if he is out injured one of Ba or Cisse would (probably) have to play less than 48 hours before Chelsea away

Why would we decide to do that just before KO? :lol:

Well I didn't mean unprovoked :lol:

If he felt his hamstring a little bit there's every chance Pardew's just said "no risks, save yourself for Thursday"

I'll let you off then. :laugh: Possibly came into it but could just be a case of it wasn't worth keeping him on the bench if he had no chance of actually coming on.

My post was losing here then pressure being on the home leg. Obviously you'd then expect a reaction like you say, but an occasion I'd rather avoid I think!

your post has twice i think been about losing here then the pressure being on the home leg (ie here)

Guest bimpy474

How come there is only one EL game on TV? ???

Something about no one has bid for our game yet, so says Ryder anyhoo.

My post was losing here then pressure being on the home leg. Obviously you'd then expect a reaction like you say, but an occasion I'd rather avoid I think!

your post has twice i think been about losing here then the pressure being on the home leg (ie here)

Losing there* ! Annoying typo in that situation!

Krul

Tarvenier      Perch      Williamson    Ferguson

Anita      Bigirimana

Obertan                Gosling                Marveaux

Vuckic

Krul

Tarvenier      Perch      Williamson    Ferguson

Gosling          Bigirimana

Obertan                Vuckic                  Marveaux

Sameobi

I'd be surprised if any of the starting 11 from the Spurs game play the Atromitos game. Perch is the most likely but that depends on if Coloccini is going to be fit for the Chelsea game.

I think the squad will be picked from: -

Williamson, Ryan Taylor, Ferguson, Gosling, Amalfitano, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi (if fit), Obertan, Vučkić, Abeid, Campbell, Krul, Harper, Perch, Bigirimana, Sammy Ameobi (if fit), Good, Anita and Tavernier.

If Shola isn't fit we may end up playing with no out and out striker. We ended the Hartlepool friendly with no striker on the pitch.

I didn't know HBA had a european ban, how long is it for?

Think its 3 games as he got a red card (in the 90th min!) when playing for Marseille against Benfica.

Hasn't played a European game since then.

Does that still apply considering it was a few seasons ago?

Think Campbell well get rewarded with a place on the bench. Ideal opportunity to give him the last ten mins.

What an experience to get your European debut at that age. Marvellous.

Think Campbell well get rewarded with a place on the bench. Ideal opportunity to give him the last ten mins.

What an experience to get your European debut at that age. Marvellous.

Not surprised, we have some history of rewarding promising young talent at 17 anyway...

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/1/8/2878542-carroll06_jpg-nopRef.jpg

Well done to the lad if true. :thup: