Kevin Sheedy given all-clear following bowel cancer

Tooj

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/everton/news/everton-coach-diagnosed-with-cancer_41370.html

Everton academy coach Kevin Sheedy diagnosed with bowel cancer

By Danielle Joynson, Reporter

Filed: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 11:18 UK

Last Updated: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 11:18 UK

Everton have announced that academy coach Kevin Sheedy has been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

Sheedy, who racked up 369 appearances for the Toffees during his playing career, is scheduled to have an operation at some point this week.

"It's not ideal but I have to remain positive," Sheedy told the club's official website. "There is a history in the family.

"It's so important that people don't ignore the early signs and symptoms and don't be afraid to consult a GP. After a period of rehabilitation I will return to my coaching role at Everton."

The former Ireland international scored 97 goals for the Toffees during the 1980s.

Wish him all of the best and hope he makes a recovery.  :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Sigh, yet another cancer story in football. Hope he makes a good recovery. :thup:

On a side note, this is the type of topic that should prolly be NWOAT, but the "not worthy" just sounds to harsh tbh.  :neutral:

i put it in that thread earlier as i wasnt sure either

Guest optimistic nit

Sigh, yet another cancer story in football. Hope he makes a good recovery. :thup:

On a side note, this is the type of topic that should prolly be NWOAT, but the "not worthy" just sounds to harsh tbh.  :neutral:

Get well soon!

On a side not, i doubt anyones first thought when reading this thread was 'this should be in the NWOAT section' and if they did they want their head looking at.

Guest bimpy474

Good Luck Kev.

Hateful disease, all the billions spent on Footballers, daft paintings and so called art, war and religion.

Yet only pennies in comparison on a mass killer like cancer, never understand it me :(

• 1 month later...