League Cup Third Round - Manchester United (a) - 26/09/12 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Dave

I must be missing something. The Man Utd team is hardly that good. :lol:

Rooney is playing his first game in a while, Hernandez has been poor thus far this year, and they've a massive lack of experience across the whole backline.

Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson are also hardly names to be scared of.

5-0.

Oh, I see what happened... you forgot Tiote was playing. :tiote:

0-5

Man Utd fans on red cafe are commenting on tonights ref living only 6 miles from Old Trafford.

I really don't understand this. I mean, it superficially sounds dodgy, but then (a) Isn't he just as likely to be a Man City fan? (b) Sunderland is only 10 or so miles from Newcastle, and I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy about a Mackem ref. Not necessarily any kind of an issue at all.

Guest bimpy474

the hatred for Obertan and Gosling is rediculous, Obertan has actually been OK this season as well :lol:

When has Obertan been Ok?

I would think when gobbling Pardew. Nothing else explains why he keeps getting picked.

well that certainly proves the first point i made :lol:

and he has been okay in europe i though. not brilliant, but hes started to make steps in the right direction

Tbf he has had flashes of good play but he simply isn't good enough. Gosling on the other hand i think has something if used in the right way (not that he has shown it yet).

gosling if he has to start should play in that vuckic role of being just behind the striker, making late runs into the box to score, that is his supposed strength.

him being deep in midfield is not good.  i can only guess is he is there because amalfitano is not physically ready to play there.  but why not put bigi in there?

To people calling Obertan shit and don´t deserve to start I ask, what have Vuckic ever shown?

I gladly been shown the opposite. But I really get irritated when some players always get slaughtered and some don´t, even if they are performing at the same level.

Obertan has had an extended run in the team and proven more often than not to be a poor player. Vuckic, whilst not really showing much in the appearances he's made hasn't had a similar run of games. Only natural people will be more frustrated seeing Obertan's name on the sheet than Vuckic's.

Guest bimpy474

Man Utd fans on red cafe are commenting on tonights ref living only 6 miles from Old Trafford.

I really don't understand this. I mean, it superficially sounds dodgy, but then (a) Isn't he just as likely to be a Man City fan? (b) Sunderland is only 10 or so miles from Newcastle, and I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy about a Mackem ref. Not necessarily any kind of an issue at all.

Not bothered myself it was just something i saw them discussing.

Good points

More frustrated that the likes of Gosling and Obertan are getting a look in over players who may not be no-hopers such as Bigi, Sammy and Amalfitano.

Ergh.

Aye, very frustrating.

Can agree with that too.

Guest bimpy474

Well hopefully, Tiote breaks Rooney.

Nah, let him kick Fletcher in the spleen.

"For oppo fans this is a joke and not meant to serious you fuckwits."

The side is about as strong as the one that went to Maritimo. Absurd that we're going up against Man U at OT with it.

I'm a tad annoyed with it. I'd be furious with it if I'd actually paid £45 to watch it.

Shola and Vuckic FFS.