Deadline Day Thread

JH

Would like Dempsey at Spurs much more than at Liverpool, hope it goes through.

It was going to be difficult watching Dempsey play for Liverpool. Spurs isn't much better but it's not Liverpool.

My friend is a Spurs fan so I don't hate them as much as most. I can handle it.

My friend is a Spurs fan too, part of the reason I hate them :lol:

:lol: I think it's a bit different here in the States. Not often you meet other football fans.

/r/soccer on Reddit has a lot of American posters and is like that, fans of different clubs being nice to each other and basking in their shared love of the sport, it makes me f***ing sick.

:lol:

Worst thing anyone can say to me is "oh, I support Newcastle/sunderland/Boro... but I like to see all the North East teams do well really."

f*** off and don't talk to me then.

:lol: :thup:

Dempsey < Moutinho

Dempsey > Henderson, etc.

So him going to Spurs rather than Liverpool, instead of them getting Moutinho is brilliant move for us imo.

Let's wait and see but this was my first reaction too.

If Liverpool get no one in they'll have egg on their faces after letting Carroll and Adam go. Spurs very much an unknown force, hopefully they don't get any more in.

Could be a few clubs active in the market in January, including us.

:yao:

Other than Piers Morgan, I can't think of another television personality I'd more like to set about with a baseball bat and a blowtorch than that enormous fucking cock socket Jim White.

He makes me ashamed to be a football supporter.

Every fucking window Spurs make me wanna puke, always gotta be involved right up to the wire. Then ultimately get no further than they are already.

Every single window there's a much mooted transfer to Spurs that makes you think, "wow, that's fucking impressive", then it never actually happens.

Meanwhile, Daniel Levy is in the background cackling like a Bond villain, as he's shifted a few mediocre players elsewhere for double what they're worth.

Dempsey < Moutinho

Dempsey > Henderson, etc.

So him going to Spurs rather than Liverpool, instead of them getting Moutinho is brilliant move for us imo.

Let's wait and see but this was my first reaction too.

If Liverpool get no one in they'll have egg on their faces after letting Carroll and Adam go. Spurs very much an unknown force, hopefully they don't get any more in.

Could be a few clubs active in the market in January, including us.

:yao:

Said more in hope than expectation :(

Being vastly outspent by the likes of West Ham, Southampton and Sunderland.

Are they further ahead than us though? - they had some right dross and need quite a few players. We already had Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, Colo, Taylor, Jonas, Santon etc. Even looking at their squads now they are not as good as us. Yes they have spent money but does not mean they will be any good, I reckon West Ham will struggle tbh

Jesus, I thought Otter was joking.

You're in a much, much better place than West Ham, Southampton and Sunderland. As well as the vast majority of the rest of the PL.

Outside the usual CL sides, the rest of the league is in awe at the business you've done in recent years, and how quickly you've turned it around from being a relegated side to being one that is clearly on the up.