Newcastle United 1 - 1 Aston Villa - 02/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Jonas was my MOTM.  His running and tackling was priceless as they controlled the midfield from the start. His performance allowed Cabaye to hide again.

Anita was a breath of fresh air in that he was a full back who got to their byline a few times. Santon was dangerous early on but was nowhere in the second half.

Thought Bigi would have been even more overwhelmed than he has looked in the past but he was exactly what we needed, a calm head and his block at the end was a point winner.

AND THE AIMLESS HOOFING FROM KRUL HASN'T EVER WORKED. EVER.

Krul hoof, Shola flick on, Demba Goal. 3-0 v Man Utd.

To read you lot moaning about your team, though, honestly, you'd think you were moaning about a team that had spent the last year poking around the arse end of the table, rather than at the top end.

You've had three "meh" performances. You're still a very good team with an exciting mix of talent. Just as the people tipping us to go down with two or three games gone are massively jumping the gun, I can't help but feel there's a certain amount of excessive panic and criticism on here for what is a more than decent team.

:clap:

Can't decide which of you provides more of an insight, tbh.

To read you lot moaning about your team, though, honestly, you'd think you were moaning about a team that had spent the last year poking around the arse end of the table, rather than at the top end.

You've had three "meh" performances. You're still a very good team with an exciting mix of talent. Just as the people tipping us to go down with two or three games gone are massively jumping the gun, I can't help but feel there's a certain amount of excessive panic and criticism on here for what is a more than decent team.

Spot on brummie

I think its blow back from the transfer window tbh

I honestly think it is more likely the anxiety that this season will be a case of "after the lord mayor's show" for you, which is understandable in the psyche of all football fans, but really, it's three games of the new season, it is of infinitessimal importance right now.

Spot on brummie

I think it's more to do with the fact that all of these points were raised last season but we thought they'd been eradicated due to the change in formation. Yet for some bizarre reason Pardew has went back on this.

Jonas was my MOTM.  His running and tackling was priceless as they controlled the midfield from the start. His performance allowed Cabaye to hide again.

Anita was a breath of fresh air in that he was a full back who got to their byline a few times. Santon was dangerous early on but was nowhere in the second half.

Thought Bigi would have been even more overwhelmed than he has looked in the past but he was exactly what we needed, a calm head and his block at the end was a point winner.

There you go, we had a target man type on the field. When we don't it's a pointless waste. Ba might as well be Bellamy's size the way he plays.

Guest bimpy474

There you go, we had a target man type on the field. When we don't it's a pointless waste. Ba might as well be Bellamy's size the way he plays.

Yep, despite the fact Demba isn't small, winning a ball hoyed up isn't his game.

Spot on brummie

I think it's more to do with the fact that all of these points were raised last season but we thought they'd been eradicated due to the change in formation. Yet for some bizarre reason Pardew has went back on this.

I still think people are in a twist over the transfer window and this match today hasn't helped.

Any news on when Tiote will be back?

If he's out against Everton i would like to see this:

Krul

Anita - Saylor - Coloccini - Santon

Jonas - Bigirimana

Ben Arfa - Cabaye - Marveaux

Cisse

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Jonas - Bigirimana

Cisse

Pardew said he'll be back for Everton ;)

Just got back, took my Canadian gf for the first time to see a real sport. Really pissed off we didn't win after telling her how awesome our team was and how much she should want to have sex with Cabaye.

Thought Anita was class, Bigi grew as the game went on. Probably been covered, but surely Santon RB, Anita LB made more sense. I know we have the same song for Cabaye as we did for Robert, but he reminds me of him with his ability to out play anyone, and some horrendus displays. Jonas, I love the guy but I don't think he's the same player he was, I also wish he would fuck off using the outside of his boot.

Krul

Jonas - Bigirimana

Cisse

I really like that but could see us shipping goals. Still, we'd cane it going forwards

Krul

Jonas - Bigirimana

Cisse

Pardew said he'll be back for Everton ;)

:thup: Tiote in for Bigirimana then.

I'll be glad to have Cheick back. People can say what they want about his performances and how he hasn't lived up to his first season - but we're better with him in the team, simple as that.

Think that's crap myself. He had more injury niggles and ACoN last season though.

Don't think it was Tioté that was missed today tbf, wasn't as if we were overrun or needed someone to break up their play, we were just shit.

Still 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss is probably what i'd have expected from Chelsea, Spurs and Villa  :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

I'd drop Jonas for Bigi. Jonas needs a kick up the arse.

Agree about jonas, looked meh for awhile tbh.  Something isnt there for him at he moment, can't put my finger on what it is though .

We wouldn't be the same team without Jonas, he puts in the shift of about 3 players. In the second half today when everyone was roaming out of position it was always Jonas who was tracking back and covering the spaces. He's a key part of our side IMO, especially with Tiote out.