How highly do you rate... Robert Pires?

Beren

Excellent player. Great work rate & determination. Once read that he trained every day even running on Christmas Day & that the Juventus fitness coach used to train every player until they were sick but he could never make Nedved sick. Also not afraid to shoot with either foot which modern players seem terrified to do.

Apart from HBA :snod:

Reckon if he was playing now he'd be top 5 in the world comfortably even not as his peak.

I'd mirror with him with Figo on how I rate him; very, very good but not brilliant.

Figo was brilliant

I don't wish to digress as he's probably another one for another thread but in the loosest of terms I disagree. Depends on your definition though, I'd only hoy world class > brilliant around for the very elite and even though Figo was immense I think he just misses out on that.

Reckon if he was playing now he'd be top 5 in the world comfortably even not as his peak.

I'd mirror with him with Figo on how I rate him; very, very good but not brilliant.

Figo was brilliant

I don't wish to digress as he's probably another one for another thread but in the loosest of terms I disagree. Depends on your definition though, I'd only hoy world class > brilliant around for the very elite and even though Figo was immense I think he just misses out on that.

Proper love Luis me.

Nedved also played his part in the best fullback performance ever to grace the game from Andy Griffin.

Figo was hurt by the fact that he spent his prime playing alongside Rivaldo first and Zidane later, which overshadowed him not only in reputation, but prevented him from taking on a more dominating role.

Okay, okay... another week.

Can I get Rivaldo on the list for later? An amazing player that I think was hurt by our lack of success abroad.

Figo was hurt by the fact that he spent his prime playing alongside Rivaldo first and Zidane later, which overshadowed him not only in reputation, but prevented him from taking on a more dominating role.

Can I get Rivaldo on the list for later? An amazing player that I think was hurt by our lack of success abroad.

I think Romario on the list will be even more interesting.

Romario is easy to sum up. All the ability to be one of the greatest, but a lazy bum.

Nedved, Totti, R Carlos, Rivaldo, Romario, Figo

http://data.whicdn.com/images/19960451/Crying-meme_large.png

Some of the names remind me of that Nike tournament from one of the world cups years ago (was it 2002?)

Romario is easy to sum up. All the ability to be one of the greatest, but a lazy bum.

The fact he went back to Brazil at what? 28? :lol:

Seriously the best finisher I've ever seen. The way he used to put the ball past goalkeepers so nonchalantly. It was like it was a case of, ah well I might as well score as I've got nothing else to do.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gHD7DO7D8DI/TZuezJt7m5I/AAAAAAAAAAc/7XSgfm3FmiU/s1600/romario.jpg

Such a shame him and Ronaldo barely played together for Brazil as when they did now that was a great partnership. In the '97 Copa America and Le Tournoi they were excellent together. Brazil would've won France '98 if Romario was fit as well. (Well he claimed he was but Zagallo disagreed)

Bebeto was past his best then and was not in the same league as Romario.

Seriously the best finisher I've ever seen. The way he used to put the ball past goalkeepers so nonchalantly. It was like it was a case of, ah well I might as well score as I've got nothing else to do.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gHD7DO7D8DI/TZuezJt7m5I/AAAAAAAAAAc/7XSgfm3FmiU/s1600/romario.jpg

Such a shame him and Ronaldo barely played together for Brazil as when they did now that was a great partnership. In the '97 Copa America and Le Tournoi they were excellent together. Brazil would've won France '98 if Romario was fit as well. (Well he claimed he was but Zagallo disagreed)

Bebeto was past his best then and was not in the same league as Romario.

Sweden were playing Brazil twice in the 1994 WC. It was the first time I was really caught up with football in general. According to my dad, I was close to tears because of how frightened I was every time Romario was close to the ball, especially in the semi-final.