How highly do you rate... Robert Pires?

Beren

Fowler wouldn't get a sniff of a game today due to his type being almost finished at the top level.

Don't agree with that, like. At his best he was fantastically clinical and instinctive. Always a place for strikers when they're that good.

He was but because of his lack of pace or height and the way the game/systems have moved on I just don't think he'd be afforded the chance given that he'd almost certainly have to play uptop alone.

Aye, I really liked him aside from when he was playing against us, or since then when he's been on telly. People say that his type aren't good enough for this league anymore, but it's bullshit. He was lazy, but in this age he'd pretty much be a deeper lying Berbatov.

Eh? Naturally gifted ballplayers aren't good enough for the PL, what crack is this that is being smoked?

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I really liked him aside from when he was playing against us, or since then when he's been on telly. People say that his type aren't good enough for this league anymore, but it's bullshit. He was lazy, but in this age he'd pretty much be a deeper lying Berbatov.

Eh? Naturally gifted ballplayers aren't good enough for the PL, what crack is this that is being smoked?

No no, I mean his laziness and perceived lack of fitness. I seem to remember HTT going on about how he wouldn't be anything in the PL now. I could be (and usually am) wrong, though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Am I reading some of this right RE Fowler? :lol:

He would excel in any era because he had pace, guile, great movement, a decent footballing brain, a wand of a left foot and the kid could score goals for fun.

If players like Lambert can cut it in the PL today, someone like Fowler wouldn't have any problem whatsoever.

RE Le Tissier, he was fucking class, he just strolled around doing next to fuck all other than score wonder goals and generally show boat in what was a shitty Southampton side. He pretty much kept them up every single season.

Guest Howaythetoon

No no, I mean his laziness and perceived lack of fitness. I seem to remember HTT going on about how he wouldn't be anything in the PL now. I could be (and usually am) wrong, though.

Eh, I don't think I've ever said that like RE Le Tissier.

Guest firetotheworks

I always thought it was a shame Collymore never fulfilled his potential. He had everything at his peak.

:thup: Looked like a world beater at Forest.

Oh come on that's crying out for a witty response!!!

I guess you could say that he was

The Sheriff of Nottingham

I always thought it was a shame Collymore never fulfilled his potential. He had everything at his peak.

:lol: You on about Ulrika?

Yeah, fuck knows what the rest of them are on about :lol:

:lol: You on about Ulrika?

Yeah, fuck knows what the rest of them are on about :lol:

Doging

Guest firetotheworks

We all knew what it was crying out for man. We were just playing dumb by going with other things related to Nottingham. Jokes are always best when you explain them afterwards like. :lol:

AYE, AYE ULRIKA. HE FUKD HER GUD!

We all knew what it was crying out for man. We were just playing dumb by going with other things related to Nottingham. Jokes are always best when you explain them afterwards like. :lol:

AYE, AYE ULRIKA. HE FUKD HER GUD!

How the fuck did I whoosh myself :lol:

He was an unbelievable finisher but I just can't see it.  Most first-choice forwards at top 4 clubs have an element of physicality and quality link-up play to go with the rest of their talents.  I could see him getting plenty of minutes for such a club (or maybe starting for a club like Liverpool/Everton) but not being a mainstay of a top side.