Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 23/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

We played fine in the first half to be fair, second half wasnt so good. But sitting with 8 points after a pretty tough start without playiing well is a good enough start.

First few minutes I thought we started confidently enough, then they had a cracking chance which I think Taylor deflected wide. From then we were shaky, up until the period in which we scored the goal and should have had at least one more as we cranked up the pressure and played some very good stuff. We let them off the hook though, and similar to the Everton game the away team drew confidence from getting to half time still in with a shout.

We were very nervy and poor for pretty much the rest of the game.

Was always gonna be that sort of game I thought and i'm just glad for the 3 points. The penalty miss killed us and was an awful display of individual wishes over team mindset. Cisse should never have been at the spot kick.

With that in mind, I knew the 2nd half would be difficult. We're not ticking at the moment but had Cisse scored Im sure we would have put a few more in.

Playing s***, small squad, picking up points...... glass half full at the moment. For now anyway. 

We played fine in the first half to be fair, second half wasnt so good. But sitting with 8 points after a pretty tough start without playiing well is a good enough start.

First few minutes I thought we started confidently enough, then they had a cracking chance which I think Taylor deflected wide. From then we were shaky, up until the period in which we scored the goal and should have had at least one more as we cranked up the pressure and played some very good stuff. We let them off the hook though, and similar to the Everton game the away team drew confidence from getting to half time still in with a shout.

We were very nervy and poor for pretty much the rest of the game.

Yeah I'd tend to agree with most of that, although I wouldnt see we we very nervy. They had a couple of half chances but I didnt feel we were ever in a huge amount of danger. Score the pen before half time aand the second half is a totally different story.

Another uninspiring outing. I knew we'd get away with it since Norwich are so poor, and our players probably did as well. I'll join in with the rest and say that Beren's post sums my view almost exactly. O'Neill gets criticised for being too conservative, but Pardew's no slouch when it comes to minimalism either. Plenty of teams ahead of us when it comes to organisation and agression in any case.

Think the penalty miss completely deflated us. Second half we came out cold and just sat back more and more as the game went on. Very frustrating and I think even a marginally better side would have punished us. Norwich were just too limited to take advantage of us. They didn't have that many clear cut opportunities as such, but they had plenty of occasions where they SHOULD have created goalscoring chances.

we're still getting into gear this season but getting results so not all bad, was similar enough last season where we were far from convincing for a lot of the early part of the season but getting results. We know the team can and will improve as time goes on but all thats important atm is the result

We had the best form in the league for a period after that game last season & everyones doubts. Lets hope we can match that.

Sunderland game in a few weeks starts a long run of winnable fixtures. Result in that game might have an affect.

How fucking shit was the ref today? For both sides. Some utterly baffling decisions and non-decisions.

Assault on Tiote should have been a straight red and conversely i think Tiote deserved a red for his assault on Turner.

Was a very very very soft penalty.

Obertan completely taken out and no foul given etc etc etc

How f***ing s*** was the ref today? For both sides. Some utterly baffling decisions and non-decisions.

Assault on Tiote should have been a straight red and conversely i think Tiote deserved a red for his assault on Turner.

He seemed like he just didn't want to make the decision half the time. I thought Perch should've been booked and Tiote's first foul was a shocker as well.

How fucking shit was the ref today? For both sides. Some utterly baffling decisions and non-decisions.

Piss poor for both sides, soft and non-decisions all over the place. Some of the stuff he let go compared to the softish pen was ridiculous.

How f***ing s*** was the ref today? For both sides. Some utterly baffling decisions and non-decisions.

He seemed like he just didn't want to make the decision half the time. I thought Perch should've been booked and Tiote's first foul was a shocker as well.

Grant Holt another one anarl, bad foul on Jonas and then was standing deliberately backheeling Jonas on the deck while arguing with the ref yet nowt other than a free kick.

Worrying anarl that jonas got lengthy treatment on the pitch at full time as well.

Grant Holt another one anarl, bad foul on Jonas and then was standing deliberately backheeling Jonas on the deck while arguing with the ref yet nowt other than a free kick.

Worrying anarl that jonas got lengthy treatment on the pitch at full time as well.

I wouldn't worry, it looked like cramp.

One thing I think he has to stress to the two lads up front, is that they simply have to make different runs/movement in the box, (i.e. one peeling off to the back post when a ball is played in etc), because they're getting in the way of each other too much.

He only coaches the defensive side of the game though.

We badly need some sort of cohesion going forward, Ba and Cisse can't play as a 2.

I wouldn't worry, it looked like cramp.

Got treated for a long time by the physio though for it to be just cramp, nomally a stretch out gets rid of that.

Got treated for a long time by the physio though for it to be just cramp, nomally a stretch out gets rid of that.

One of his legs was up and being worked on, I still think it was cramp and I'm not surprised because he was popping up everywhere.