Newcastle United 3 - 0 Bordeaux - 04/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest BooBoo

Thought Anita was the most ineffective of our outfield players. He didn't have a bad game per se, but nor did he impress either.

Thought Anita was the most ineffective of our outfield players. He didn't have a bad game per se, but nor did he impress either.

He was right in front of me 2nd half and didn't seem to do anything other than find a team mate with the ball.

Quality victory tonight and very encouraging, especially from Cabaye and Ferguson. I just loved being there on a floodlit European night again, with a good atmosphere. Streaker was funny for a while but he definitely outstayed his welcome.

Roll on Sunday :clap:

needs to find himself a proper position.  Good to have versatility but it just seems like we're sticking him wherever a body.  He's never a right sided midfielder yet we stuck him there.

The streaker?

He was right in front of me 2nd half and didn't seem to do anything other than find a team mate with the ball.

Put in a great through ball for Shola in the first half too, if that was Ba or Cisse it's probably a goal.

Thought it was a good performance tbh, only for Cabaye to be great.

trying to see it on TV and saw some journo's tweet at half time - did their fans kick off or summat?!

They were kicking off, aye. Think it was after our 2nd goal, couldn't see exactly what was going on from my vantage point in the Leazes, but it was dealt with fairly quickly.

He's got class written all over him, his crosses need to improve but he's very comfortable on the ball, moves it quickly, is very quick himself and is stronger than he looks

That literally couldn't have gone any better. Killed the game before we had a chance to get into second gear, which keeps us fresh for Sunday. As shamefully appalling as they were, i thought we were terrific with some real stand-out performances. Obertan, Ferguson and Shola were all superb and i thought Cabaye was an absolute class above for that hour; the way he spread the play was world class.

That system/formation/whatever the f*** you want to call it worked a treat. Having three in the middle, as well as Shola (who was imperious) Cisse (who trapped the ball tremendously) and Obertan (who was a threat all game) won it for us. It encouraged us to pass the ball and was seamless. What a surprise.

Shane Ferguson should be very proud of himself. Should be in the side every game.

Great stuff.

Agree with this. Ruined a supposedly very good team with everyone playing well. Killing the game off early allowed us to rest a few players which was ideal. Morale boosting win (for players and fans) and every player celebrating the goals together was fantastic. With a bit of crowd violence and a comedy pitch invader thrown in it was quite a night.

I think everyone in the ground was smiling as if Obertan was their own child when he was getting the high 5's after the first goal  :smitten:

The 4 lads that got chucked out of the away end were taken into the east stand and out through there. One looked to have an aquascutum scarf, and they looked more english than french, ie chubby charvas. I'm guessing by the way all the frenchies were kicking off it was Newcastle charvas that got (over the wall?) And past the stewards who were watching the match

Was that the same streaker as Atromitos?

fuck knows but the cunt shouldn't be allowed near SJP again.  Absolute farce that he wouldn't leave the pitch and that our stewards just sat with their fingers firmly up their arse watching him act like a total fucking spanner.

Reckon they're told to leave them, not like they can escape. Shame a Bordeaux player didn't kick the shit out of them. Cunt.

The big centre half had a go at him and tried to make him get off the pitch but got wrong off the referee for doing so and was told to leave him to the stewards. farce that he then kicked off and ended up with it needing 6 stewards to wrestle him off the pitch.

Is it not the 2nd time a nude man on the pitch ahs not been removed in the UEFA cup.

I thought it was a new UEFA rule dont go near them till the police arrive...then seen there were fuck all police there!

Solid performance but they were awful. Pretty decent atmosphere down there to be honest. Obertan actually beat someone and put a cross in for a goal :kasper: :yikes: Cabaye looked sharper and glad Cisse scored. Hope we have one of Saylor or Colo back for sunday though.

Saw the highlights in the Newcastle Arms after. Hate ITV

That's my review :lol: