Newcastle United 3 - 0 Bordeaux - 04/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

TBH It was miraculous that he didn't come out with "Newcastle play this high line and, for me, it's risky."

He's been moaning about it since the first home game back in the Premier League...a game we won 6-0. :lol: Fucking idiot.

Shola talking about God ... it's strange how all three of our strikers are very religious, always looking up to the heavens and having a conversation with the almighty.

Proves there is one :aww:

Guest firetotheworks

Shola talking about God ... it's strange how all three of our strikers are very religious, always looking up to the heavens and having a conversation with the almighty.

Ben Arfa and Cabaye are too. It's probably part of the whole making sure they're squeaky clean vetting process.

I'd argue Bordeaux were comfortably the worst team we've played so far this season, anyone disagree? :lol:

Norwich had loads more quality, and Reading, Maritimo and Atromitos at least tried.

I'd argue Bordeaux were comfortably the worst team we've played so far this season, anyone disagree? :lol:

Norwich had loads more quality, and Reading, Maritimo and Atromitos at least tried.

They weren't bad first half. Once we knocked the stuffing out of them, then yes - they looked far worse than Atromitos/Reading etc

That's about as comfortable a game as you're going to get in this competition. Bordeaux were really poor, not sure if that was a scratch side for them but they lacked quality all over the park. Once the first went in I never thought they looked like getting back into it.

That literally couldn't have gone any better. Killed the game before we had a chance to get into second gear, which keeps us fresh for Sunday. As shamefully appalling as they were, i thought we were terrific with some real stand-out performances. Obertan, Ferguson and Shola were all superb and i thought Cabaye was an absolute class above for that hour; the way he spread the play was world class.

That system/formation/whatever the fuck you want to call it worked a treat. Having three in the middle, as well as Shola (who was imperious) Cisse (who trapped the ball tremendously) and Obertan (who was a threat all game) won it for us. It encouraged us to pass the ball and was seamless. What a surprise.

Shane Ferguson should be very proud of himself. Should be in the side every game.

Great stuff.

You could also argue our improved play made them look that bad, i don't think for a second Reading, Norwich etc etc are better just that we actually performed to a level that is deemed acceptable for us when we didn't in those games.