mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

I think pretty much everyone (especially at the moment) would take a point in the away derby. Four points off the mackems is a good return considering how tense and unpredictable the derbies tend to be.

I think pretty much everyone (especially at the moment) would take a point in the away derby. Four points off the mackems is a good return considering how tense and unpredictable the derbies tend to be.

Considering how poor the start of the season has been i personally wouldn't. I think that's what will happen but a win is definitely needed.

Simmo  :lol:

I think its there to win, they have been shite this season, even in the games they have somehow managed to gain a point (Arsenal, Swansea and Liverpool they barely had a shot in).

If Colo and Taylor are back to contain Fletcher, it would be massive.

Guest BooBoo

I think its there to win, they have been shite this season, even in the games they have somehow managed to gain a point (Arsenal, Swansea and Liverpool they barely had a shot in).

If Colo and Taylor are back to contain Fletcher, it would be massive.

The first paragraph equally applies to us. We've not turned in a decent performance yet and neither have they.

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Taylor  Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ci(Ba)sse

Is how I expect us to line up by the way, same as usual.

Looks so tasty on paper, hopefully we'll play some great stuff like we have been doing with it all year. :)

Guest BooBoo

This might just end up being the worst game of football the world has ever seen.

Would take a point right now, no fucking doubt about it.

The odds are on it being a shocker. Reading v Newcastle was one if the lowest quality PL games I've seen in a long time, but this could be worse.

4-3-3 and pass the ball to eachother.

Last season's home derby was similar. We played rubbish first half and were rightfully behind. Changed it at HT and brough Ben Arfa on (for good that time).

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Tioté

Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa        Ba            Cissé

With Cissé and Ba taking turns.

= win

be interesting to see how they do it. maybe get off at the SOL stop to avoid walking round the whole ground? certainly be a lot more challenging than the last few times

Guest neesy111

I wonder what the journey down will be like this year with the club charging for the bus and us being moved up into the upper tier of their pink stadium.

Last few have passed off without much incident, suspect with the changes it could open it up for bother again.

I wonder what the journey down will be like this year with the club charging for the bus and us being moved up into the upper tier of their pink stadium.

Last few have passed off without much incident, suspect with the changes it could open it up for bother again.

PICKED OFF

I hope so, as poor as we have been I can't help but think a lot of it is down to us not being able to player 2 of Krul, Colo or Tiote together all season.

We are cautious as it is but when 2/3 of the defensive core is missing we are going to try and protect the back 5 even more.

Guest neesy111

We've a solid run of fixtures after this, so could be a pivotal moment for us. I think we'll be up for it.

Think ffs.  It's a bloody derby, they'd fucking better be up for it.