mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

it's the real start of the season, not because it's them but because it's been so stop-start, attention taken up with the transfer window, then international games, then more internationals. get these next world cup qualifiers out the way and it's back to week in/week out domestic games through to march.

Guest BooBoo

it's the real start of the season, not because it's them but because it's been so stop-start, attention taken up with the transfer window, then international games, then more internationals. get these next world cup qualifiers out the way and it's back to week in/week out domestic games through to march.

Agreed. I always hate how the start of the season is always chopped up by internationals. We've only played 7 games and already into a second break.

Thank fuck for that :thup:

Thank fuck for that :thup:

:nods:

Agreed. I always hate how the start of the season is always chopped up by internationals. We've only played 7 games and already into a second break.

someone at work described it as like the qualifying for the formula 1 races, it is important, it can decide the eventual outcome but it's not the proper race.

Guest SweMatt

For this game, I want to see:

------------------ Krul -------------------

Santon -- Saylor -- Colo -- Ferguson

----------------  Tiote -------------------

----------- Cabaye -- Jonas ------------

----- HBA ----------------- Ba ------------

---------------- Cisse ---------------------

Cabaye and Jonas covering behind HBA and Ba if needed. Both Santon and Ferguson can link up well to make it forward. Cisse needs to have picked up some form, otherwise I would go with Shola instead.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor      Coloccini  Santon

Tiote          Jonas

HBA                  Cabaye        Ferguson

Ba               

Bench: Anita, Cisse, Williamson, Perch, Harper, Obertan, Ameobi

Pardew's got a tough choice over his strikers. Shola has the Indian sign over them but always looks better coming off the bench and is often poor when he starts games. Cisse meanwhile is in a dreadful run of form and looked thoroughly overawed in the game in March. My fear is that the mackems would bully him out the game and it might be a better bet giving him the last half hour.

That in mind, the team that Aussiemag has suggested might not be a bad idea as the starting XI.

Pardew's got a tough choice over his strikers. Shola has the Indian sign over them but always looks better coming off the bench and is often poor when he starts games. Cisse meanwhile is in a dreadful run of form and looked thoroughly overawed in the game in March. My fear is that the mackems would bully him out the game and it might be a better bet giving him the last half hour.

That in mind, the team that Aussiemag has suggested might not be a bad idea as the starting XI.

We are away from home and need to start dominating the midfield battle. Cisse is out of form and we cant afford to carry him into the most important game of the season. Ferguson has built up a sound understanding with crossing the ball to Ba in the Box. Cabaye also seems to look better in a more advanced role. Ive opted for Simpson at right back, because Im not a fan of two fullbacks bombing forward, think one needs to sit back and that player cant be Santon. Wouldnt be opposed to Perch playing there over Simpson as we all know hell get stuck in for a Derby game.

We are away from home and need to start dominating the midfield battle. Cisse is out of form and we cant afford to carry him into the most important game of the season. Ferguson has built up a sound understanding with crossing the ball to Ba in the Box. Cabaye also seems to look better in a more advanced role. Ive opted for Simpson at right back, because Im not a fan of two fullbacks bombing forward, think one needs to sit back and that player cant be Santon. Wouldnt be opposed to Perch playing there over Simpson as we all know hell get stuck in for a Derby game.

he has ?

It's not a game for passengers and unfortunately Papiss has been that for every league game this season. He'll come good again but I think it may be too much of a risk to expect that in this game. Its usually too high tempo with little time fir niceties. I agree mainly with your suggested line up. My only concern is that I think it's all moot as Pards will almost certainly go with a rigid 442 with the only real decision being Shola or Cisse. FWIW, I think he'll go with the Big Sho.