mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

Guest Geordiesned

There are 2 direct Metros from Central Station to St Peters at 12:16pm and 12:23pm.

Coming back there are 3 direct Metros at 4:44pm, 4:53pm and 5:08pm.

Pards in the Chronicle talking about how it is important not to start slowly. It's all very well him saying it, but he actually has to get the tactics right from the start for this to happen. I hope he does, but it is far from certain.

Pardew talks a fantastic game, doesn't he? Often a tad too much for my liking though and, rather unhelpfully, it's probably his best strength as a manager.

Exactly, I hang off every word he says, but i'd much prefer it if he talked a bit less and actually put out a side that plays to our strengths from the off a bit more frequently.

I've found i've gone the other way as time has gone by and what he says barely registers with me anymore.  His quotes are generally just too disconnected from what we actually see happening for me to take them seriously anymore.  He'll say we're going out to attack a team from the off then we'll set up in a defensive 442 from KO.  He'll say we want to play a slick, fluid passing game then we go out and hoof the ball at Ba's head for 90 minutes.

Everyone looking forward to getting "picked off" by Wireside?  :frantic:

Prior to "internet hardmen" like Wireside, and before strict segregation and ticket allocations, i.e. when it was a much more level playing field, Sunderland were generally regarded throughout football as a pushover. Quite cowardly really that they have waited until regulations tipped the odds heavily in their favour before they started mouthing off and picking fights.

Prior to "internet hardmen" like Wireside, and before strict segregation and ticket allocations, i.e. when it was a much more level playing field, Sunderland were generally regarded throughout football as a pushover. Quite cowardly really that they have waited until regulations tipped the odds heavily in their favour before they started mouthing off and picking fights.

so true- I used to go to Roker in the 70s and 80s, even went in the away end once when Ipswich were there, we always thought they were a bit of a joke tbh.

so true- I used to go to Roker in the 70s and 80s, even went in the away end once when Ipswich were there, we always thought they were a bit of a joke tbh.

I was probably in Sunderland parts for more Roker Park derbies than our end.

Not for any sinister reason, it's just that our tickets used to sell out instantly (first come first served) and it was always easy to get tickets down there as they never sold out even for the derby games.

Remember there being loads of Geordies in there when you arrived but don't really recall any trouble. They just sort of accepted that we'd be in there.

I was probably in Sunderland parts for more Roker Park derbies than our end.

Not for any sinister reason, it's just that our tickets used to sell out instantly (first come first served) and it was always easy to get tickets down there as they never sold out even for the derby games.

Remember there being loads of Geordies in there when you arrived but don't really recall any trouble. They just sort of accepted that we'd be in there.

it was also a piece of piss to get in an all ticket game, without a ticket for a fiver at the turnstiles. did this for both ther liam o games.

Watch your letterbox.

Arse going a bit now. Don't fear them at all, they're fucking shit. MONg is a good cup manager though (one off games) and think he'll tell them to kick the shit out of us again. Keep the ball for first 20 minutes get the crowd a bit restless then pick the cunts off with our superior team. 2-0 to us. Someone you don't expect like Jonas as well as Shola's usual goal.

put a pointless tweet out earlier on the way home saying I wished I'd brought my radio to listen to the start of the mental 8-0 derby predictions by nutter fans on BBC Newcastle.  Hashtagged it with totalsport.  They read it out :facepalm:

:lol: :lol:

Rhyming 'up' with 'up' still makes me uneasy.

You never I hadn't realise that faux pas was actually in the song!

You're right though, tainted now.

one nil down

4-1 ahead

Albert Luque puthegame to bed.

there you go.

even though Shearer's pen actually put the game to bed.  Nee way they were going to get a second

Sensational!

We haven't played too well so far, but if Krul, Colo, and Taylor really are all back then we should hopefully have our strongest side out for the 1st time this season.

I'd really fancy our midfield against theirs, and Ben Arfa is capable of murdering whoever is at fullback.

Only real concern for me is Fletcher. He genuinely does look sharp. Seem to remember Sessegnon getting into dangerous positions the last time we played them away but then blowing it with atrocious finishing, not uncharacteristically from what I can gather.

They have apparently had the least number of shots in all of the main leagues in Europe (27) the next lowest being Siena (with 45).

They have only won 1 in 13, and have only won this fixture at home twice since 1969.

Plenty of reasons to be confident, if we play anything like we can then we should win.

They'll come out of the blocks hard and no doubt try and unsettle us and turn it into a war. They'll get frustrated and increasingly nervous the longer the game goes on for them without goals and football wise we have the players to win it. Both teams have been poor though so it's nigh on impossible to predict really.