mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply s****?

I can not talk for England, but in Norway this game is pretty hyped in the studios before the match.

Always talk about nasty challenges, rivalry etc. Last year they had a 5-10 min movie about the area, people and why it was such a fierce rivalry. Talked about the stance in wars, coal mining etc  Loved it.  :aww:

Thats great. We will probably get something a little similar. But the headlines are hogged by the successful clubs. People here are more interested in Man Utd v Chelsea than a Newcastle/Sunderland derby. Fucking Australians.

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply shite?

I don't think that ours is any fiercer than Forest/Derby, Southamton/Pompey, Sheff Utd/Wednesday or many others really.

What I don't think any other derby has is a set of fans who have such a huge chip on their shoulder about their rivals' city and club as the one Sunderland supporters carry. This leads to their irrational rabid behaviour, regular pitch invasions etc which probably make this derby seem fiercer than it really is tbh.

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply s****?

I can not talk for England, but in Norway this game is pretty hyped in the studios before the match.

Always talk about nasty challenges, rivalry etc. Last year they had a 5-10 min movie about the area, people and why it was such a fierce rivalry. Talked about the stance in wars, coal mining etc  Loved it.  :aww:

Thats great. We will probably get something a little similar. But the headlines are hogged by the successful clubs. People here are more interested in Man Utd v Chelsea than a Newcastle/Sunderland derby. Fucking Australians.

Its the same here mate, manu v chelsea is more hyped, as man u have a big following here.

But this derby get some attention, and newcastle nearly always is shown on TV. :D

Nil-Nil until Shola comes on who puts in 3. 1 bullet header, 1 left footed thunderbolt (ie: Spurs (H) last season) and a jumping powerbomb volley (ie: 5-1 from 2 seasons ago)

That would be fucking mint.

Thats great. We will probably get something a little similar. But the headlines are hogged by the successful clubs. People here are more interested in Man Utd v Chelsea than a Newcastle/Sunderland derby. f***ing Australians.

Its the same here mate, manu v chelsea is more hyped, as man u have a big following here.

But this derby get some attention, and newcastle nearly always is shown on TV. :D

Yeh we get every match over here, Europe League as well. So Im not complaining. 8:30 pm kick off on Sunday .. so it is perfect. I live in Australia but have been brought up to genuinely hate Sunderland AFC. All my friends that are "Australian Rules Football" fans dont understand how you can hate another team so much. Our local derby is Fremantle v West Coast and there are no security separating the fans, thats how tame it nis.

In Canada it's not even shown on TV, what a joke

Crap, I hadn't checked the schedules yet, I'm sure they will show it in full at some point on Sunday, on sportsnet world. I don't think I will be able to stay away from the result though, since it's a derby, if we get beat then I can chose not to have to watch it. It's a bye week for the Dolphins this week, so it's my only sporting event for the Sunday this week to look forward to.

Guest Geordiesned

From nufc.com's match preview:

SAFC: Lee Cattermole is suspended, though not by his knackers from a tall building, unfortunately...

:lol:

Been busy with school the last two weeks so haven't really been updating myself. How is Colo, Saylor and Krul comming along? Will they be ready for the match?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20121018/pic-special-taylor-made-for-derby_2281670_2952506

Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul all returned to training this week and could be in contention for Sunday's derby at the Stadium of Light.