Newcastle vs Club Brugge - 25/10/12 @ 8:05pm (Live on ESPN)

Beren

9 goals in 8 games for him this year.

Still despise them signs next to the 'Newcastle United' on the East Stand, seen a pic on .com today of the old sign and it looked so much better.

This one:

http://nufc.com/images/2009-10images/2009-10-24sjp-rainbow-l.jpg

Guest Craig-NUFC

Newcastle United 4-3-3 Harper; Simpson, S Taylor, Williamson, Ferguson; Bigirimana, Tioté, Anita; Shola Ameobi, Cissé, Sammy Ameobi

According to Guardian

Krul

Tavernier            Saylor              Williamson              Fergie

Obertan              Anita                  Tiote                    Sammy

Shola                      Cisse

Subs:

Harper

Marveaux (I would prefer him ahead of Obertan, but Pardew won't drop him after his immense game against Bordeaux)

Perch

Campbell

Simpson

Bigirimana

Cabaye

Plenty of choice from the bench. We look pretty strong and should beat Brugge. Going with 4-1 win - Saylor, Cisse x2, Campbell

That being said, I would be worried about the defensive cover down the left...  :undecided:

Hope Sammy doesn't start. Done f*** all to deserve it, Obertan earned it on the back of his last European game.

I would also prefer he didn't start, but Pardew has come out and said he has been flying in training, so I can only assume he will stick to his philosophy of giving the youngsters a chance and put him in. I think we will be a lot more dynamic with Marveaux and Obertan on the wings.

Hope Sammy doesn't start. Done fuck all to deserve it, Obertan earned it on the back of his last European game.

Bit harsh like seeing as he hasn't had a chance to prove that he deserves it.

Hope Sammy doesn't start. Done f*** all to deserve it, Obertan earned it on the back of his last European game.

Surely these are the types of games when the likes of Sammy should be given a chance to show what they can do.

Don't get Jordan_NUFC's comment at all.

Sammy deserves a start if he's been tearing it up in training. Prior to injury he looked pretty good and never let us down either.

:thup:

I do think it's a good idea to give Sammy a go, maybe Obertan should still play but instead of one of the strikers but oh well it's a good line up none the less.

The only thing i'm concerned about is if we play with Tiote-Anita-Bigi then at least one of them needs to be playing ahead of the ball and not behind it.

Can't have 3 midfielders sitting back like they usually would.

As much as I am not one to write players off so early you can't really say Marveaux deserves to start above many, if he played to get some more experience and game time I would have no problem with that though.

If Sammy is really putting the work and performances in at training then it doesn't say much to the prospects trying to break through if he doesn't get a chance either.