Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Sexy goal.

We were battered for most of the half but some of the stuff we did in possession looked non-terrible at times which is an improvement.

Battered? Sure, they were good the first 10-15 mins but after that they were fairly shite and so was the match. One moment of quality has you in front. That was anything but a battering.

Liverpool fans are free to believe that though, it'll help to feed the delusion.

Where are Ba and Cisse playing? At random?

That's the way it should be tbh, forever moving pulling defenders all over the shop. They've been doing well with movement imo

I agree, it's just very unusual to see them both so wide.

Yeah, know what ya mean, seems neither are really staying central, in fact we've seen Cabaye up there quite often this match :lol:

Really solid half - and I would have said that had Cabaye not shown the poise of Gene Kelly there.

Pardew deserves lots of credit for the way we've been organised. If I'm nitpicking, we were outfought for the first ten minutes or so - but the Anfield atmosphere and the impressive Liverpool start played no small part in that.

After that I thought we really grew into the game. Jonas has improved as the half went on, which is good. Glad Perch is off in a way. Anita has been tidy without being spectacular - which is what we need.

Demba Ba's marking on defending corners has improved massively. Lots of credit due there.

Papiss' first touch has been abysmal btw. If that was Shola, he'd be catching hell atm.

Really solid half - and I would have said that had Cabaye not shown the poise of Gene Kelly there.

Pardew deserves lots of credit for the way we've been organised. If I'm nitpicking, we were outfought for the first ten minutes or so - but the Anfield atmosphere and the impressive Liverpool start played no small part in that.

After that I thought we really grew into the game. Jonas has improved as the half went on, which is good. Glad Perch is off in a way. Anita has been tidy without being spectacular - which is what we need.

Demba Ba's marking on defending corners has improved massively. Lots of credit due there.

Papiss' first touch has been abysmal btw. If that was Shola, he'd be catching hell atm.

Agree with all of that. :thup: