Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Decent result, thought with a bit of tweaking we could have won. Perch looked positionally clueless before he had to go off, Anita came in and did his job excellently. He guarded the space ahead of the defence, nicked the ball a few times and kept a cool head when in possession, Makelele-esque.

I thought we were in control after that opening 10, we managed to pass it about a bit which will no doubt be forgotten because we played negatively in the second. I can see Pards' thinking, it's a very English manager thing to do, 'keep it tight for the next 10' but we end up naturally going too deep and running ourselves into the ground, we're always shagged by 75 minutes. I thought Ba and Cisse were fine, HBA was a little hit and miss but again he created our goal with excellent skill, he might not be playing his best at the minute but he's ALWAYS a threat. It was a little concerning to see him so deep at times however, whenever we lost the ball in the second he moved within 10 yards of Simpson, he did look very leggy in that second half.

Cabaye has been much better of late, he looks way more comfortable in that 3 man midfield and supports attackers much better as a result, we lost a bit of bite when he went off (I thought Fergie was a poor choice to come on). Quick word on our Argentinians, I thought Colo did a lot of things right today but they were overshadowed by the negatives, the sending off was unfortunate in my opinion. Jonas was poor, his pass to Cisse was woeful, such a lazy attempt.

Overall, not too bad as they're not a bad side by any stretch. We're getting there, hopefully we stick with the same formation for the next league game, some of our players look so much more comfortable for it.

I've not read through the full thread but did anyone else notice Sterling kicking at at Simpson in the second half?

It was one of those nothing tackles, he went down to ground very easily to gain the freekick but then kicked out at Simpson afterwards.

I bet absolutely nothing comes of it.

If it had been Tiote....

I didn't see Sky's coverage, but in the HT analysis I saw, there were ridiculous comments about Colo giving away a definite penalty for some minor contact AFTER HE HAD CLEARED THE BALL. Is that bias or just braindead punditry?

Joe Allen gave the ball away in Danny-Simpson-on-a-bad-day style at least three times. After ten games, he has no assists and no goals. Even the pricey Mackem managed some last year.

Happy with a point all things considered.

Negatives:

- Started way to slowly again

- As soon as we scored, we tried to defend the lead - when will we learn?  Getting very frustrated with these tactics.  We should have come out flying in the second half, reality we sat back

- Jonas, he offers very little in his new role.  Sad really, but he is costing us with his lack of creativity and frustrating habit of keeping the ball until he gives it back to them

- Colo - he was taken to the cleaners today by Suarez.  You cannot really argue about that, frustration clearly got the better of him today.  Caught him or not, he was clearly in the wrong.

- Sterling, just because he is a young lad, this does not give him special rights FFS.  He should have been off the field as well by the end of the game.

- HBA - looked shagged, hopefully a one off poor performance although did very well to set the goal up.

Positives;

- Saylor - thought he had a terffic game.  He is going to have to step up now as he should get the armband IMO.

- Anita, did well when moved into the middle.  Deserves to stay in the team on that performance

Very good point which most of us would have taken prior to kick off. I thought the goal we conceded was horrible, the way we surrendered possession in the middle was amateurish.

I'd actually swap the point gained for no red card or injuries because I think the impact on the next three games could be more than one points worth.

Very good point which most of us would have taken prior to kick off. I thought the goal we conceded was horrible, the way we surrendered possession in the middle was amateurish Liverpoolish.

I'd actually swap the point gained for no red card or injuries because I think the impact on the next three games could be more than on points worth.

Colo didn't make contact with Suarez and was clearly pulling out of the tackle . But by dangling his foot in the air he has given the officials a decision to make.

Does the lino have the wherewithal to quantify if there was intent, as it seems on his say-so that the red was brandished ?

There was a small glimpse that we CAN play a bit of football and it came at the time we scored. Those last 10 minutes of the half were the best I've seen us move the ball this season. One of those moments where you just want the half to go on. If we had more time we would have scored again and buried the red rabble.

Makes you tear your hair out when you know we can play that way, and we spend the other 80 odd minutes half asleep, then defending for our lives.

Liverpool are a one man team, and we allowed him all the room and all the space within which to work. Having said that, I can't fault our defending as much as I do our attacking. We were just not dangerous enough, and with players like Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye that is just unacceptable.

So happy to get a point finally at the klan rally (copyright Bontempi), but I can't help knowing we should have taken all 3. Quite comfortably as well.

I've not read through the full thread but did anyone else notice Sterling kicking at at Simpson in the second half?

It was one of those nothing tackles, he went down to ground very easily to gain the freekick but then kicked out at Simpson afterwards.

I bet absolutely nothing comes of it.

If it had been Tiote....

I didn't see Sky's coverage, but in the HT analysis I saw, there were ridiculous comments about Colo giving away a definite penalty for some minor contact AFTER HE HAD CLEARED THE BALL. Is that bias or just braindead punditry?

Joe Allen gave the ball away in Danny-Simpson-on-a-bad-day style at least three times. After ten games, he has no assists and no goals. Even the pricey Mackem managed some last year.

TBF to Sky, both Coleman & Adam said it wasnt a penalty. They said if the ball had gone over Colo it would have been a penalty.

It's ridiculous that they even discussed it tbh, especially considering they ignored Sterling's lashings out (I think anyway). It was a legitimate tackle in the penalty area, so unless they were to talk about it for what a was, a potentially goal saving challenge, then it wasn't worth mentioning. That's what annoyed me anyway and I knew for a fact MOTD was going to do the same.

There must be an argument for Liverpool being the biggest example of a one-man team in the league at the moment, it is a shame that he is racist mind but a super player, i dont even mind the diving.

and re: one man team, before anyone says it,

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/24/article-0-14ACF8ED000005DC-174_306x423.jpg

no! :lol:

Guest bimpy474

http://i.imgur.com/pdJEZ.jpg

This photo is such bollocks, all the papers are using it as if Colo hits Suarez's right leg.

Just seen SSN footy round up with Curbs, no mention of us at all..just about Suzarez and what a goal.

Oh and that nobber, i forget his name says "lets stop talking about all the negative stuff about Suarez"...erm ok lets just ignore that he is blatantly cheating in EVERY match.

Still can't get over suarez's reaction to the colo incident. There is such minimal contact but he throws himself on the floor like he's just broken his leg.

Not only that, but also have a look at his reaction to the excellent tackle on him by Taylor straight after the red card. Taylor slid in and kicked the ball out for a throw, and Suarez went sliding over the touchline with his arms wide open having not even been touched. w*****.

Just looking at the highlights, near the end when Suarez took a free kick and it bounced over Krul for a goal kick, Suarez claimed for a hand ball when the ball hit Cisses leg. He is an utter cunt, cant stand the bloke.

It really pisses me off how there's nothing being made out of Sterling kicking out at Simpson twice. He should be looking at a three game suspension, it's as nasty as it gets. The fact that he's shit at kicking shouldn't matter here, there's far more intent there than Colo's sending off.