Club Brugge 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 08/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 22

Stifler

Those stairs were fucking mental.

Some guy came down them as I went up and I lost my pint!

As an aside, why everyone waited for those toilets I have no idea. There was a massive queue and every time I went, I just bypassed that and went in the Ladies! Safe to say I didn't see one female in there!

I contacted Martin Calinnan on behalf of my disabled mate. He replied pretty much saying that the Bruge police where racist in their dealings with NUFC's supporters. For those who didn't seee my post of a week or two ago - my mate missed the game because he is disabled and couldn't get to the stadium.

He tried to get a taxi (which I think was advised in the bumph that came with the match tickets) there were no taxi's to get. They were either told not work after 4pm or not to take anyone to the stadium. He tried public transport and was to 'no English allowed' Many supporters who did travel by local bus company were ordered off by police on route to the stadium. This is Bruge not Nazi Germany.

The police also sent supporters on wild goose chases on route to the Stadium - through housing estates that were poorly lit and to be fair there could have been anything or anyone waiting with whatever motive . . .

At the stadium supporters were told they couldn't enter the playing area as 'it was full' A steward who works for NUFC has to intervene and get suporters in to watch the game.

Mr Callinan does also stress that the Belgium public and Bar owners were freindly and generally couldn't help folk enough - but the police ... were what amounted to being racist.

Guest Geordiesned

I emailed Martin Callanan with a number of issues we encountered. He emailed back attaching a letter he'd sent to Rudy Saron, the Bruges Chief of Police, and he'd included most of my points in his letter.

Nationality isn't the same as race. It's not really the kind of thing that bloke wants to be throwing around IMO.

It's blatant discrimination regardless.

I don't disagree. I just think it's important to use the right terminology if he wants to be taken seriously.

Totally random memory here like, day after the game we went to the Brugge Zot brewery for a tour. We went right up to the roof then down some really tight stairs. My mate who is canny chubby goes to the tour guide when he gets down them.

"Thought Fritzel was from Austria" we proper creased but the guide wasn't laughing. :lol:

European tours, keep em coming.

• 11 months later...

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c943a8a9-47ab-11e3-a399-00215ad88ae2&Aux=2004|0|8D0A9CFB6A17940||0|1|0|0|2|3,53&cid=542f6b77851e63de&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

Was pretty disgusting IMO. Puke and piss everywhere, rubbish mountains appearing all over the place. My biggest memory of the trip though was the toilets being absolutely destroyed on the top floor of this place;

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/0d/3f/46/de-carre.jpg

I can still smell it now. Honestly, there was shit all up the walls. Grim.

Wish I'd never actually went to the game. Felt like I had to walk about 10 mile there and 10 mile back with no sign of a taxi anywhere. My feet were in bits by the time we got back to the square but then the rest of the night was superb.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c943a8a9-47ab-11e3-a399-00215ad88ae2&Aux=2004|0|8D0A9CFB6A17940||0|1|0|0|2|3,53&cid=542f6b77851e63de&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

Was pretty disgusting IMO. Puke and piss everywhere, rubbish mountains appearing all over the place. My biggest memory of the trip though was the toilets being absolutely destroyed on the top floor of this place;

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/0d/3f/46/de-carre.jpg

I can still smell it now. Honestly, there was shit all up the walls. Grim.

Dem frites.  :cheesy:

Wish I'd never actually went to the game. Felt like I had to walk about 10 mile there and 10 mile back with no sign of a taxi anywhere. My feet were in bits by the time we got back to the square but then the rest of the night was superb.

Did anyone ever check how far the walk actually was? It was class on the way there but on the way back I tried jogging half of it just to make it go quicker and it didn't work at all. Wor lad had given up and fucked off from our agreed meeting place to wait at the hotel because I'd been that long. :lol: