Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

Guest palnese

"At home we want to get the fans in the stadium in a good place but we didn't start well," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"And then we've conceded when we should have squeezed the pitch in that situation. Then we've got a battle on our hands.

"West Ham with the way they play, it's very stop-start. There are a lot of set-plays going into your box and it's fragmented.

"They had a little bit more power on the pitch. But we still created loads of chances. One looks close to being over the line. We needed a break but we didn't get that today.

"We have had nine efforts on goal today and that's enough for two goals really but the shots were just lacking in quality and the final pass was lacking imagination.

"We've given everything we can and we've come off losing today."

:lol:

Agree Diame had a great game.

I'd certainly not want Nolan back. He's an absolute passenger for most games and, whilst obviously his goals are massive, he just doesn't influence enough games for me.

That said, we're still not using Cabaye properly to compare which makes Nolan look the better of the two.

Nine efforts on goal, but how many of them were genuine chances that we've fashioned?

The attempts on goal I remember were all either from distance or from set-plays, and none of them bar the Ba one (came out of nothing) really troubled them.

That header from Ba and the tame effort from Williamson were the only two I recall from inside of their box.

"At home we want to get the fans in the stadium in a good place but we didn't start well," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"And then we've conceded when we should have squeezed the pitch in that situation. Then we've got a battle on our hands.

"West Ham with the way they play, it's very stop-start. There are a lot of set-plays going into your box and it's fragmented.

"They had a little bit more power on the pitch. But we still created loads of chances. One looks close to being over the line. We needed a break but we didn't get that today.

"We have had nine efforts on goal today and that's enough for two goals really but the shots were just lacking in quality and the final pass was lacking imagination.

"We've given everything we can and we've come off losing today."

Pathetic.

- It's a home game against a club weaker on paper so we slacked off anyway.

- We conceded a goal that we could have done something about. (Isn't that my job?)

- Big Sam has such an oh so genius tactical masterstroke ticking at West Ham that's impossible to counter.

- I just waited for our break which didn't come. Shame.

- 9 shots on target. 8 better than the Mackems. Hardly any clear cut, but wheeey.

- I tried my very very best against this newly promoted team with such mind-blowing tactics.

Guest neesy111

Nine efforts on goal, but how many of them were genuine chances that we've fashioned?

The attempts on goal I remember were all either from distance or from set-plays, and none of them bar the Ba one (came out of nothing) really troubled them.

That header from Ba and the tame effort from Williamson were the only two I recall from inside of their box.

Cabaye should have scored imo in 1st half.

Cabaye should have scored imo in 1st half.

Ah yeah, knew there'd be one. That was the best chance we had.

Agree Diame had a great game.

I'd certainly not want Nolan back. He's an absolute passenger for most games and, whilst obviously his goals are massive, he just doesn't influence enough games for me.

That said, we're still not using Cabaye properly to compare which makes Nolan look the better of the two.

:lol: Seems to have influenced today's :lol:

Guest palnese

He does also say he doesn't think we have played well at home other than in the European games.

At least he does see it.

Doesn't really matter as he doesn't do anything about it.

Guest neesy111

He does also say he doesn't think we have played well at home other than in the European games.

At least he does see it.

He's said it all season yet we don't look to be sorting it out.

Guest bimpy474

At least he does see it.

He's said it all season yet we don't look to be sorting it out.

Tis why i said "at least".

Not holding any hopes up like.

Guest bimpy474

At least he does see it.

Aye.

Guest neesy111

West Ham attack. Krul wins ball. Krul hoofs it up the pitch. Shola/Ba miss/head to no one. Ball goes to West Ham. West Ham attack.

Happened about 5 times in the second half :lol:

Krul's fault for lumping it a few times mind

Guest neesy111

He also said Cisse was suffering with a back problem, I suppose it could explain a lot I suppose.

Ahh yes, that small squad that he said he was happy with is making him play players with injuries.

West Ham attack. Krul wins ball. Krul hoofs it up the pitch. Shola/Ba miss/head to no one. Ball goes to West Ham. West Ham attack.

Happened about 5 times in the second half :lol:

Indeed, i was just shaking my head.  :lol: :lol:

I like Pardew, but he would make a better politician than a manager  :lol:

He also said Cisse was suffering with a back problem, I suppose it could explain a lot I suppose.

Ahh yes, that small squad that he said he was happy with is making him play players with injuries.

He just said that when our summer transfers collapsed tbh. Lobbied and failed, only to say "Well I'm happy with this anyway" as if to diffuse the blame.