Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

So frustrating to watch when you know how this team has played in the 4-3-3 system which would have been perfect for the game today.

To the two "Pardew out" posts a few pages back: Give it a rest, that is complete bullshit. I know this loss is particularly sore due to Fat Sam, Nolan & Carroll, but no need to go ott. Take a timeout and come back instead.  :thup:

We were woeful, again. Too many of our good players playing within themselves and some of the others simply don't appear to be up to the job. Apart from anything a couple of our players just seem to be a bit thick. Cisse is always offside and never seems to think about what he's doing, he's 100% instinct and when his instinct is off he's woeful, think he's going to be one of those players that goes on runs when he scores a shit-load but also has periods where he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Williamson isn't an idiot and I think he's a lot better most of the time than he gets credit for, but he's always liable to a lapse of concentration or a fuck-up and the least said about Obertan the better.

The one good thing from this season so far is that even when we play badly (that's pretty much every game so far, like) we're managing to still be in with a chance of getting something, unlike last season when when it went badly it went really badly. Not expecting much from this season now, top 10 or so, but if we can add a bit of quality in certain positions and make sure that we start next season fully fit that could be when we take our next step forward, this season is one of consolidation for me now.

Its a fucking shambles and watching us play this year is really taking away one of my favourite parts of my week. Last year it was exciting and pleasurable to watch us. This season it is a disgrace. I could list 17 other managers in the premiership, that would play delightful football with our players at their disposal. Sick of Pardew. If this doesnt pick up in the next 5 games, Im leading a pardew out campaign.

I get the feeling, but this is not on about wanting Pardew out. Got to give the guy until end of the season. We haven't had our purple patch yet and we haven't had our shit patch either and you expect all teams to have a spell of both in a season. We've been stuck in limbo with not reaching the high levels of play on the pitch but still picking up points and doing OK in Europe. If it doesn't pick up in the next 5 games (which is likely) it may do in the 5 to 10 after that, you've got to back Pardew, the players and the club to sort this out.

I'm confident we will turn this around, but it's fucking dire having to go through these games knowing the players are capable of so much more.

Tell you what like, we all take the piss out of MON and his predictable subs, but fuck me, Obertan being introduced to a tetchy, nervy home game after 80 minutes is the most stupid, pointless move and yet Pardew does it every fortnight.

That's the worst in a couple of seasons for me. It's been coming and the only saving grace is that it might make Pardew wake the fuck up.

You won't see a more limited and one paced side come to SJP this season yet through their organisation and our utter cluelessness we handed them the result. Not even frustrated, just exasperated.

PATHETIC

We were absolutely pitiful, yet again. I don't even have the heart to rant anymore because it's pointless - Pardew won't change anything, he'll persist with this sadistic obsession with 4-4-f***ing-2 hoofball. This was not good.

Krul, Santon, Ba and Ben Arfa played well but the rest can go to hell with 'performances' like that, especially Williamson and Obertan.

What? :lol:

I don't see the problem. Ok he only had 15 minutes but he managed to cram 90 minutes worth of frustration into that cameo. All he can do is run.

Fuck me that was absolutely woeful. We can't be having that, I'm sorry. Have no problems losing to anyone, but have major problems losing in this manner. If WH were even slightly ambitious they could have had a hatful. Why bring on Ameobi to have no one in the box beside him to mop up the knock downs?

Taking off Cisse because he wasn't in the game? He wasn't in the game because of how shit our pattern of play is. Maybe Cisse needs to shake something off in his head to get back to form, but he's still got 3 goals this season, and I lay the full blame at the feet of Pardew for why this lad isn't performing.

Utterly miserable.

That's the worst in a couple of seasons for me. It's been coming and the only saving grace is that it might make Pardew wake the fuck up.

You won't see a more limited and one paced side come to SJP this season yet through their organisation and our utter cluelessness we handed them the result. Not even frustrated, just exasperated.

That is the only positive thing that might come from this game. I know he says in pressers that we've "played well" - but that's just standard soundbites from a PR man that likes to motivate his players from the TV screen. There's nothing in it.

Surely he will know that we've regressed this season - to the point where we get 0 points from a home game with West Ham.

He's not as thick or stubborn as a Souness or a Roeder, and tbh i wouldn't be surprised if we look back in May as this being a turning point.

PATHETIC

We were absolutely pitiful, yet again. I don't even have the heart to rant anymore because it's pointless - Pardew won't change anything, he'll persist with this sadistic obsession with 4-4-f***ing-2 hoofball. This was not good.

Krul, Santon, Ba and Ben Arfa played well but the rest can go to hell with 'performances' like that, especially Williamson and Obertan.

What? :lol:

I don't see the problem. Ok he only had 15 minutes but he managed to cram 90 minutes worth of frustration into that cameo. All he can do is run.

In those 15 minutes (if that) he put more balls in the box than Ferguson did in 90. The lack of movement by the strikers in the box was astonishing. Not saying he did particularly well, but to single him out for criticism smacks of having an axe to grind.

That was utter garbage. Pardew absolutely has to react now. The gap between midfield and attack is shocking. The way we just sit off teams and watch them play is embarrassing. I'm also furious with Coloccini for making me sit through another 90minutes of Williamson trying to play football. Simpson can just vanish as far as I'm concerned as well.

I think I'm just gonna pretend football doesn't exist until next weekend.

One of those awful results that forces you to avoid all external sources of media for the week.

Expect Fat Sam to pick up the Perormance of the Week btw.

That was utter garbage. Pardew absolutely has to react now. The gap between midfield and attack is shocking. The way we just sit off teams and watch them play is embarrassing. I'm also furious with Coloccini for making me sit through another 90minutes of Williamson trying to play football. Simpson can just vanish as far as I'm concerned as well.

I think I'm just gonna pretend football doesn't exist until next weekend.

im convinced our team are not allowed to go forward unless we are a goal behind.

Bolton mk II won't have any easier away games all season. Played in to their hands all game by playing direct to no-one in particular and standing off letting them have the second ball. Don't think anyone bar Ba can come out of that with anything other than shame. Dire.