Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

That's the worst in a couple of seasons for me. It's been coming and the only saving grace is that it might make Pardew wake the f*** up.

You won't see a more limited and one paced side come to SJP this season yet through their organisation and our utter cluelessness we handed them the result. Not even frustrated, just exasperated.

Unfortunately mate, I don't think he's suddenly going to snap out of his incompetent ways and think "Oh, I know, I'll tell our players to stop hoofing the ball and play into feet! Also, I think I'll stop playing Danny Simpson AND Mike Williamson! And just to top it off...I'll play a formation that isn't a 'blob' 4-4-2!." Not having a go, btw. I just think that we're laboured with a completely clueless manager and no 'wake up call' will change that.

The club should have invested enough to ensure we never had to endure these two together ever again.  Harsh but the truth. You cannot carry players who dont want the ball at this level.

That's the worst in a couple of seasons for me. It's been coming and the only saving grace is that it might make Pardew wake the f*** up.

You won't see a more limited and one paced side come to SJP this season yet through their organisation and our utter cluelessness we handed them the result. Not even frustrated, just exasperated.

Unfortunately mate, I don't think he's suddenly going to snap out of his incompetent ways and think "Oh, I know, I'll tell our players to stop hoofing the ball and play into feet! Also, I think I'll stop playing Danny Simpson AND Mike Williamson! And just to top it off...I'll play a formation that isn't a 'blob' 4-4-2!." Not having a go, btw. I just think that we're laboured with a completely clueless manager and no 'wake up call' will change that.

The club should have invested enough to ensure we never had to endure these two together ever again.  Harsh but the truth. You cannot carry players who dont want the ball at this level.

and the ones that did want the ball, never got it.

I know, I agree as well. But he's had the option before to play Anita at RB instead, but rarely does. We're very limited with CB options, true, but anyone would be better than him. Put Perch in there and reshuffle the midfield.

FWIW West Ham deserve credit for outplaying us. Strange that, considering they have two of our former players who so many seem to think we're better off without as they somehow stifle our slick passing game.

Diame was easily man of the match IMO.

Right now I'd take Nolan over Cabaye but think 99% of that is down to how our no.4 is being asked to play.

Hard to tell as we have never seen cabs player in an advanced position. He does appear to be that sort of player at all though, much more of a playmaker than a goal scoring midfielder. We don't have anyone with nolans instinct to get into spaces goalscoring positions. mind-blowing we haven't worked that out.

Two up top just isn't working for us either, not with the personell we have, they are all too similar.

The scrappy untidy gold that Nolan gets are invaluable. Whilst he's a slow pedestrian midfielder, I still prefer good old fashioned goals myself.

It was one of those days today, just would not happen for us.. maybe we were trying to many million dollar balls, over playing it at times.

Stone wall pen not given when Taylor was cleaned out, thought we had te ball over the line too will wait for MOTD for those.

Guest palnese

Thought Diame was class today. We should have been in for him.

Shades of Yaya Toure with his powerful surging runs which hammered us at times. Wish Tiote could do more of that.

Tiote would shoot from 40 yards or play a Hollywood pass into the stands.

Thought Diame was class today. We should have been in for him.

Shades of Yaya Toure with his powerful surging runs which hammered us at times. Wish Tiote could do more of that.

Tiote never does that tbh, gets the ball stops and passes is where his offensive game begins and ends.

Still can't understand why we weren't in for Diame on a free transfer, seems to me like he would compliment Tiote and Cabaye excellently in the middle and he fits all of our usual criteria for a move.

He is erratic and somewhat inconsistent, but he's a fucking good player. A powerful runner from the centre of midfield is a huge asset in the modern game - we don't have one.

Still can't understand why we weren't in for Diame on a free transfer, seems to me like he would compliment Tiote and Cabaye excellently in the middle and he fits all of our usual criteria for a move.

He is erratic and somewhat inconsistent, but he's a f***ing good player. A powerful runner from the centre of midfield is a huge asset in the modern game - we don't have one.

:thup:

I've got a disproportionate disdain towards Birtles.

:lol: haven't read the thread but it will be proportionate. He was over-rated 30-odd years ago and it hasn't got any better. A whiney knobhead who thinks he could have done better but didn't. See almost every fucking "expert" we suffer.  :lol: Fucking Dean Sturridge ffs. Right, I'll crack on with the thread now.

Yet Diame couldn't get a game at Wigan. Why? Because his passing wasn't good enough for them. We had a French and Dutch international up against him, Noble and Nolan dropping deep and they simply outnumbered us, as we have been in nearly every game.

Guest bimpy474

"At home we want to get the fans in the stadium in a good place but we didn't start well," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"And then we've conceded when we should have squeezed the pitch in that situation. Then we've got a battle on our hands.

"West Ham with the way they play, it's very stop-start. There are a lot of set-plays going into your box and it's fragmented.

"They had a little bit more power on the pitch. But we still created loads of chances. One looks close to being over the line. We needed a break but we didn't get that today.

"We have had nine efforts on goal today and that's enough for two goals really but the shots were just lacking in quality and the final pass was lacking imagination.

"We've given everything we can and we've come off losing today."

Yet Diame couldn't get a game at Wigan. Why? Because his passing wasn't good enough for them. We had a French and Dutch international up against him, Noble and Nolan dropping deep and they simply outnumbered us, as we have been in nearly every game.

He couldn't be more suited to West Ham like, very astute signing.

"At home we want to get the fans in the stadium in a good place but we didn't start well," Pardew told Sky Sports.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

"And then we've conceded when we should have squeezed the pitch in that situation. Then we've got a battle on our hands.

"West Ham with the way they play, it's very stop-start. There are a lot of set-plays going into your box and it's fragmented.

"They had a little bit more power on the pitch. But we still created loads of chances. One looks close to being over the line. We needed a break but we didn't get that today.

"We have had nine efforts on goal today and that's enough for two goals really but the shots were just lacking in quality and the final pass was lacking imagination.

Pathetic.

Guest bimpy474

Pathetic.

:nods: