Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm less worried about relegation (although I am concerned) than I am of all our big players jumping ship. Really we needed to finish at least in the same position to keep them and I now fear a massive rebuilding job in the summer, on a scale we've never seen before at NUFC.

I'm less worried about relegation (although I am concerned) than I am of all our big players jumping ship. Really we needed to finish at least in the same position to keep them and I now fear a massive rebuilding job in the summer, on a scale we've never seen before at NUFC.

Aye, this is my concern. What are french internationals Cabaye and Ben Arfa going to think about playing for a poor midtable side? If the slide continues, and somehow we still keep our big players, will we be able to make the recruitments we desperately need?

We blew it big time this summer, we had the biggest pull (in terms of signing players) we've had in maybe more than half a decade, and we signed a youngster from Ajax? Should have kicked on.

It's like Robson all over again, and look what happened then.

Be careful what you wish for.

Its nothing like the Robson scenario - we had qualified for CL twice under SBR and weren't playing the awful football the side is dishing up now. Robson hung on a bit too long and Shepherd - as usual - messed the whole thing up.

Robson had a long and glorious CV to his name when he joined NUFC....would you like to compare that to Mr A Pardew's, please...?

Martinez is a non-starter. No way Whelan will give his mortal enemy his manager for any price and Ashley certainly wouldn't pay the right price even if Whelan was willing to talk.

We need some of the big characters in the dressing room to go to Pards and tell him 'This isn't working'.  In the past I would imagine Nolan, Barton and the like doing it.  Not sure who out of the current squad would take the responsibility, maybe Colo or Cabaye?

Don't know if anyone has noticed this before. Ashley has never spent money on prising away a manager from another club.

Keegan - unattached, did not manage for years

Kinnear - unattached, did not manage for years

Shearer - unattached

Hughton - promoted from within, was asst manager

Pardew - unattached after Southampton sack

Forget the likes of Martinez or Jol where Ashley will have to spend to get them. Choose any next manager from unattached list please. :yao:

Don't know if anyone has noticed this before. Ashley has never spent money on prising away a manager from another club.

Shearer - unattached

Forget the likes of Martinez or Jol where Ashley will have to spend to get them. Choose any next manager from unattached list please. :yao:

http://celtic.theoffside.com/files/2010/02/Mark-Hughes.jpg

:-X

Shearer - unattached

http://i.imgur.com/H8npO.jpg

Aye, this is my concern. What are french internationals Cabaye and Ben Arfa going to think about playing for a poor midtable side? If the slide continues, and somehow we still keep our big players, will we be able to make the recruitments we desperately need?

We blew it big time this summer, we had the biggest pull (in terms of signing players) we've had in maybe more than half a decade, and we signed a youngster from Ajax? Should have kicked on.

Well you'd hope that they'd feel guilty about it and pull their fucking fingers out!!

95% of the blame for us being where we are rests solely with the players, they should be ashamed of how they've played this season.

I'm for giving Pardew till the end of the season. I like the idea of a manager taking charge around pre-season so he can have a few weeks tinkering with the squad and having the transfer window (even sticking to our budget) to get the team playing the way he wants. If Pards can turn it around before then, so be it. But if he can't, I don't see him turning it around next season, so I'd rather someone else get a shot at it.

What's RDM going to be doing now that he's out of Chelsea? He's pretty tactical and might have our players playing some neat football. There's my shout anyway. I don't see Ashley being happy with a bottom 10 finish, but I think he'll give Pards until the end of the season too. Let's see what happens. I'm not worried about a relegation battle anyway. Our squad is too good for that fight.

No its not and therein lies  the problem. 1st 11 too good maybe but overall our squad is poor having to bring in certain players who obviously are not good enough or not yet ready. After the last 3 games worry we dont have the fight in us to keep us clear of the relegation battle

It's like Robson all over again, and look what happened then.

Be careful what you wish for.

Its nothing like the Robson scenario - we had qualified for CL twice under SBR and weren't playing the awful football the side is dishing up now. Robson hung on a bit too long and Shepherd - as usual - messed the whole thing up.

Robson had a long and glorious CV to his name when he joined NUFC....would you like to compare that to Mr A Pardew's, please...?

I wasn't comparing them or their CV's, but the situation is similar ie people wanted shot of Robson very quickly, and without any thought about a replacement.

I say he has to have a bit more time even though tactically we are predictable and boring. In the summer we all knew we needed a forward and a central defender. I`m sure if we wasn`t playing Willi, Simpson and Cisse things might have been a little different. Again yesterday we had a team of proffessionals struggling to play a 2 yard pass or use any common sense in certain situations that led to goals, cards and freekicks.

He needs to be backed in January and by that I mean by bringing in players he can actually use, if we're playing long ball then lets get a target man and someone who'll feed off his knock downs.

Is that added to the central defender and right back we need?

Yes. I haven't got much faith that he'll turn it around but without the players to play his long ball game there's absolutely no chance.

To be honest i dont think the squad is the problem...its too weak for top 5 yes, but the main problem is the system is just wrong...its screaming out for a change. Even the players on the pitch yesterday should have got more but the system suits nobody apart from the back 4, and even they suffer with a lack of protection from midfield having 2 wide players not tracking back. 433 and 4231 is a must especially when we sign players that look like they were tailor-made for those formations!

I'm less worried about relegation (although I am concerned) than I am of all our big players jumping ship. Really we needed to finish at least in the same position to keep them and I now fear a massive rebuilding job in the summer, on a scale we've never seen before at NUFC

In my opinion I always doubted our ability to finish 5th again, in fact I pretty much wrote it off when we didn't strengthen in the summer. That said I fully expected a top 8 finish and strong performances in the cup competitions. I thought we might come unstuck in the league because of the size of our squad but the manner of our play this season and just how disjointed, laboured and downright ugly its become is a real worry.

Guest firetotheworks

The thing that's really struck me this morning is again to do with our pointless long balls.

Cisse and Ba are not target men, that's a given.

Let's just say though that for arguments sake Pardew has this right and we get to the ball first and hold it up or get a head to it. There are never any midfielders there to get the knock downs or to support because they were all deeper, wanting the ball when the trinity of hoof (Krul, Simpson and Williamson) decided to hit it long. Either that or the headers are misplaced and we're instantly on the back-foot.

Let's say that Ba or Cisse get to the ball and find a supporting player. They are now in a position that they could have been in with 2 passes out of defence and a bit of movement. The type of position that allows for strikers to predict and dictate passes with movement (both of which Cisse and Ba are brilliant at, but are out of practice with) and not have to make predictions and decisions based upon all the predictability of a pinball machine.

Honestly, the way that we play is so obviously and permanently nail-hammeringly brain dead that it's actually painful to watch. I'm a supporter and I find it difficult to keep watching. As a neutral I can't imagine a more thoroughly rubbish team to watch than us.

http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/images/719b21/13_long-ball.png?1187105246

http://www.eplindex.com/19124/tactics-long-ball-game-case-study-stoke-man-city.html

http://cdn.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pitch-1024x700.jpg

Same moaning on Villa board. :lol:

"Really hate Long ball doesn't work. Even with Benteke.

Needs to stop before the next game."

Long ball football are the trademark tactics of a poor manager and a team that is incapable of playing football the way it should be played.

I never want to see it used by Villa other than once in a while as an opportunity during a game rather than the norm from the outset. It is boring, dull and so 'Sunday Pub Side'.

The thing that's really struck me this morning is again to do with our pointless long balls.

Let's just say though that for arguments sake Pardew has this right and we get to the ball first and hold it up or get a head to it. There are never any midfielders there to get the knock downs or to support because they were all deeper, wanting the ball when the trinity of hoof (Krul, Simpson and Williamson) decided to hit it long. Either that or the headers are misplaced and we're instantly on the back-foot.

Let's say that Ba or Cisse get to the ball and find a supporting player. They are now in a position that they could have been in with 2 passes out of defence and a bit of movement. The type of position that allows for strikers to predict and dictate passes with movement (both of which Cisse and Ba are brilliant at, but are out of practice with) and not have to make predictions and decisions based upon all the predictability of a pinball machine.

Honestly, the way that we play is so obviously and permanently nail-hammeringly brain dead that it's actually painful to watch. I'm a supporter and I find it difficult to keep watching. As a neutral I can't imagine a more thoroughly rubbish team to watch than us.

:lol:

:laugh:

Pards is the old style Eng manager who's picked up on one stat- that 80% of goals come from moves with less than 5 passes. That's his tactical gameplan in a nutshell.

One thing I think Ashley et al have done with the way we are set up these days is to limit if you like just how important the manager is and therefore making it easier or theoretically anyway, to replace a manager as they did with Hughton. In that sense Pardew is as dispensable as he was. It is no secret that the manager of NUFC has no real say on recruitment in or out. The manager is basically the coach. Someone to pick the right team from the players at his disposal and to create a winning formula.

What evidence is there to back up the idea that Pardew has 'no real say' on recruitment? I think that's nonsense. Who gets brought in depends a lot on finances and how much other clubs and players are asking for, but that's the same with any club.

I don't think anyone gets targeted without Pardew's say-so.

Imo it absolutely beggars belief that people still think this way.