Stoke City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

When we have our flair players on the pitch we hoof it, when we don't have them we pass it about. :lol: If only I could get my head around that kind of thought process.

The lack of flair players is incidental, isn't it. The attempts to change it up is regardless of personnel available, obviously.

Glad we have. The defense has had less pressure on them, but Colo and Santon have still bailed us out on a couple of occasions.

Hardly a particularly good performance, but much better than West Ham or Southampton so far.  Far less long balls, even Krul is trying to pass it out.  Though it is f***ing annoying that we basically spent over 180 minutes against West Ham and Southampton hoofing the ball long when we actually had creative players.  Now that we don't and we're playing against Hoof FC we suddenly realise the ball can move over grass.

We're still hoofing it a lot, let's not fool ourselves.

We're playing long balls to running players, far different from panicking and kicking long aimlessly every time you get the ball, which is what we did against both West Ham and Southampton.  If you can't see a huge difference between this game and those two as far as passing goes then.. well I don't really know what to tell you.

Webb is itching to produce a red card tonight like, need to get Perch off before it's too late.

He's been fucking dire. Booked Santon for nowt, Perch harshly, Adam gets a carte blanche on 2 tackles before seeing yellow. Furiously incosistant.

When we have our flair players on the pitch we hoof it, when we don't have them we pass it about. :lol: If only I could get my head around that kind of thought process.

No no, we're still hoofing it loads, you're just fooling yourself don't you know.. :)

Hardly a particularly good performance, but much better than West Ham or Southampton so far.  Far less long balls, even Krul is trying to pass it out.  Though it is f***ing annoying that we basically spent over 180 minutes against West Ham and Southampton hoofing the ball long when we actually had creative players.  Now that we don't and we're playing against Hoof FC we suddenly realise the ball can move over grass.

We're still hoofing it a lot, let's not fool ourselves.

We're playing long balls to running players, far different from panicking and kicking long aimlessly every time you get the ball, which is what we did against both West Ham and Southampton.  If you can't see a huge difference between this game and those two as far as passing goes then.. well I don't really know what to tell you.

It's better, but doesn't really fill me with confidence. Where are the goals gonna come from?  Our expectations have been seriously lowered if this is judged decent.