Bordeaux vs Newcastle United - 06/12/12 @ 6pm (live on ESPN)

Dave

Knew the Connemara would get a mention! The boss can be a dick, but it's one of the better places for football related fun certainly. Not that close to the stadium, but they have a tram that will take you there. My favourite pubs there otherwise are the Cock & Bull, Houses of Parliament and Frog & Rosbif.

The heart of the city in terms of bars and restaurants is in the area between Place de la Victoire and the Grand Theatre. So many alleys and different places and more the old city.

Along the river and quayside has been refurbished the last few years

Knew the Connemara would get a mention! The boss can be a dick, but it's one of the better places for football related fun certainly. Not that close to the stadium, but they have a tram that will take you there. My favourite pubs there otherwise are the Cock & Bull, Houses of Parliament and Frog & Rosbif.

The heart of the city in terms of bars and restaurants is in the area between Place de la Victoire and the Grand Theatre. So many alleys and different places and more the old city.

Along the river and quayside has been refurbished the last few years

Ah, Frank's canny enough. Gave me and my mates free food once.

He's mellowed a bit tbf, but he's pretty moody. Think he used to know my parents when they first moved over. Got into an argument with him over the food at his pub actually and ended up not going for a couple of years :lol:

Been there a few times when Bordeaux were playing British teams (Celtic, Hearts, Liverpool) he'll be good as gold with all the cash flowing in and the atmosphere will be class.

He's mellowed a bit tbf, but he's pretty moody. Think he used to know my parents when they first moved over. Got into an argument with him over the food at his pub actually and ended up not going for a couple of years :lol:

Been there a few times when Bordeaux were playing British teams (Celtic, Hearts, Liverpool) he'll be good as gold with all the cash flowing in and the atmosphere will be class.

Come to think of it, think we did manage to upset him one time :laugh: (that was about a week before the end of the uni year). All in all, think he liked our group though (which I think is really down to the majority of my mates being Irish). We always went to the open mic nights - one of my mates was a regular performer actually.

Think I've already told you this before but the Connemara was where I watched us get relegated :sad:

Still, had a lot of good times in there so I'd certainly recommend it to all those heading over on Thursday.

From Douglas' Twitter:

Possible XI: Harper, Tavernier, Perch, Williamson, Ferguson; Marv, Bigi, Anita, Sa. Ameobi; Sh. Ameobi, Ranger.

Looks about right, should be strong enough to give them a game. Would imagine Anita, Marv and Perch would be top candidates to get subbed off after 60 minutes or so.

Where are people drinking in Bordeaux? It's a big city and not that many of us. I don't get there until 3pm on Thursday - will be doing plenty drinking on the Eurostar and train to Bordeaux to compensate.

L'victoire by all accounts. Speaking to my mate at the weekend who used to live theree aswell, he reckons there is a cracking Irish boozer.

There's a canny Irish pub called the Connemara and it's right by Gambetta otherwise there's a few canny bars around Place de la Victoire - Café de Sport being one of them.

Cheers, our hotel is opposite the train station so that's a straight road up to the Square.

Hotel Du Faisan?

Aye, that's the one. We have an early train out and wanted to be as close as possible.

Bordeaux squad.

Olimpa, Keita - Marange, Sané, Planus, Chalmé, Poundjé - Sertic, Maurice-Belay, Ben Khalfallah, Biyogo-Poko, Nguemo - Bellion, Diabaté, Sacko, Saivet

Cédric Carrasso, Ludovic Obraniak, Jussiê, Benoit Trémoulinas, Mariano, Yoann Gouffran, Jaroslav Plasil et Henrique all rested.

Bordeaux squad.

Olimpa, Keita - Marange, Sané, Planus, Chalmé, Poundjé - Sertic, Maurice-Belay, Ben Khalfallah, Biyogo-Poko, Nguemo - Bellion, Diabaté, Sacko, Saivet

Cédric Carrasso, Ludovic Obraniak, Jussiê, Benoit Trémoulinas, Mariano, Yoann Gouffran, Jaroslav Plasil et Henrique all rested.

My god this has the potential to be a really shit game.

Guest Geordiesned

Disruption at the airport apparently

From the Sky Tyne & Wear site:

Snow is forecast for today and tomorrow, with some rain, but at 3pm this afternoon the rain will stop and snow will persist in falling.

The snow is due to stop later tomorrow afternoon.

Newcastle fans flying to Bordeaux for the teams Europa League clash faced delays. Various flights have been diverted or cancelled either coming in or departing from Newcastle Airport. For full information click here.

The Met Office has said that both Sunderland and Newcastle should expect heavy snow showers.

Michael Dukes, director of forecasting at MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said the cold snap was due to remain for "some time yet".

Bordeaux squad.

My god this has the potential to be a really s*** game.

Really shit game but a win for us and great experience for the kids? i'll take that.