Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

Wouldn't mind going to a match or two if they were on in Dublin. There's always a great atmosphere in town for big events like this.

I still think a 'British Isles' tournament would be class. There's no way the English would share a tournament though.

you’re on a roll tonight deuce, fucking outrageous :lol:

What's outrageous about that statement?

suggests you’ve never met a scotsman, irishman or a welsh sheep

Ah, right.

Only £150 odd for a visa for Azerbaijan & Belarus, banging. Two notoriously accessible countries too.

When I was working there they were advertising on CNN as a tourist destination. At the same time they were changing the visa rules at will every month and throwing mothers and their children out of the country for not having a visa on arrival when they changed the system 12 hours earlier.

Wouldn't mind going to a match or two if they were on in Dublin. There's always a great atmosphere in town for big events like this.

I still think a 'British Isles' tournament would be class. There's no way the English would share a tournament though.

Yeah, can imagine the Irish, Scotts and Welsh would love to play in something called a "British Isles" tournament. :lol: England could hold a major tournament on their own but I guess you could get a "Celtic" tournament between Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Although there'd probably a few who'd object to that too.

Yeah, can imagine the Irish, Scotts and Welsh would love to play in something called a "British Isles" tournament. :lol: England could hold a major tournament on their own but I guess you could get a "Celtic" tournament between Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Although there'd probably a few who'd object to that too.

3 or 4 places taken up by shit countries for starters.

Only £150 odd for a visa for Azerbaijan & Belarus, banging. Two notoriously accessible countries too.

When I was working there they were advertising on CNN as a tourist destination. At the same time they were changing the visa rules at will every month and throwing mothers and their children out of the country for not having a visa on arrival when they changed the system 12 hours earlier.

Pretty sure Belarus would be even worse mojo. From what I've read it makes Russia sound like fun and games for living conditions and non-oppression.

3 or 4 places taken up by s*** countries for starters.

There's 24 teams in it now anyway, no good team will be left out

Ah, right.

sorry dude, reading back i assume by what you said you mean at institutional level, i.e. the FA, as opposed to “the english”

in the british isles the chips are firmly on the shoulders of everyone but the english (with decent historical reason obviously)

Ah, right.

sorry dude, reading back i assume by what you said you mean at institutional level, i.e. the FA, as opposed to “the english”

in the british isles the chips are firmly on the shoulders of everyone but the english (with decent historical reason obviously)

:thup:

• 4 months later...

Our FA ducked out of having the entire tournament here in 2024 to guarantee a few big games in London. Personally I think it's sickening and the tournament can fuck off and die.

I think they've made a decent decision tbh.  Once it became apparent that Germany was bidding for 2024 there is no way that we would get the backing of UEFA to hold that one.  Better to step aside from that one, throw our backing behind the Germany bid and go for 2028 and have them back us (hopefully).

Our FA ducked out of having the entire tournament here in 2024 to guarantee a few big games in London. Personally I think it's sickening and the tournament can f*** off and die.

I think they've made a decent decision tbh.  Once it became apparent that Germany was bidding for 2024 there is no way that we would get the backing of UEFA to hold that one.  Better to step aside from that one, throw our backing behind the Germany bid and go for 2028 and have them back us (hopefully).

We won't get 2028 after having the final in 2020.

Our FA ducked out of having the entire tournament here in 2024 to guarantee a few big games in London. Personally I think it's sickening and the tournament can f*** off and die.

We won't get 2028 after having the final in 2020.

Don't see why not.  Germany are holding some of the minor rounds and 8 years isn't going to be that short a space of time.  Maybe even have a bid without Wembley in it (yes I know the FA wouldn't do that but would make a more popular bid).

• 4 years later...

Anyone else successful in getting tickets for the final? I stupidly only applied for one and linked it to a mates application in the hope wed both get them, but haven't heard if he got them yet. I'll still head down on my todd, but would be canny if anyone else was going to meet up for a beer if possible 👍